RW new sites and pundits are starting to attack the Parkland students
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:17:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  RW new sites and pundits are starting to attack the Parkland students
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: RW new sites and pundits are starting to attack the Parkland students  (Read 12322 times)
Hollywood756
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 02:43:47 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

um... The culture of wealth disparity, gated communities, a dearth of mental health resources, and widely available guns?

Who's perpetuating what culture? Cruz was one of you, my man.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 02:47:23 PM »

I'm not apologizing for this.

Ever wonder why these shootings occur? You think Nikolas Cruz decided at four years old that he was going to shoot up a school in fifteen years? People like Nikolas Cruz, who hopefully will hang himself soon enough, endure a lifetime of marginalization from mostly white, mostly wealthy students who live behind the shelter of the walls of their gated communities. That's why this shooting has the Pink-hatter moms so fired up. It wasn't two black kids being slain execution style in the hood forty five minutes east of them this time.

Look at his Instagram posts. They should've seen this a mile away. The kids knew he was the shooter as soon as the shots started. They were joking about it for years beforehand. When you see someone this obviously troubled, you reach out to them. But you guys don't want to reach out to them. You want to make jokes about the emotional trauma they've endured and then want to blame the guns to avoid looking at the culture of nastiness that is prevalent in places like Parkland.

You know? Because you are those kids or worse yet, you're a failed parent they're your kids.

As someone who is from South Florida, I can say with good authority that Parkland kids have tended to be the most preppy, arrogant, nasty, and pampered pack of kids I’ve ever encountered.

like... how was high school for you? sounds like it was rough.

Let's just say that he was a frequent visitor inside lockers.
High school was pretty great. I went to a rinky dink little Christian school. Very diverse, very accepting. Everyone got along. Bullying wasn't a real issue - not for me at least. We lived in working class neighborhoods and all got along. Nice try. When are you going to own up to the culture you've perpetuated.

I love how the guy who tries to bully and belittle people on this board all the time is going to blame the victims of gun violence for getting shot because of a "culture of nastiness"

What does that mean you deserve?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2018, 02:50:23 PM »

Ever wonder why these shootings occur? You think Nikolas Cruz decided at four years old that he was going to shoot up a school in fifteen years? People like Nikolas Cruz, who hopefully will hang himself soon enough, endure a lifetime of marginalization from mostly white, mostly wealthy students who live behind the shelter of the walls of their gated communities. That's why this shooting has the Pink-hatter moms so fired up. It wasn't two black kids being slain execution style in the hood forty five minutes east of them this time.

Look at his Instagram posts. They should've seen this a mile away. The kids knew he was the shooter as soon as the shots started. They were joking about it for years beforehand. When you see someone this obviously troubled, you reach out to them. But you guys don't want to reach out to them. You want to make jokes about the emotional trauma they've endured and then want to blame the guns to avoid looking at the culture of nastiness that is prevalent in places like Parkland.

You know? Because you are those kids or worse yet, you're a failed parent they're your kids.

As someone who is from South Florida, I can say with good authority that Parkland kids have tended to be the most preppy, arrogant, nasty, and pampered pack of kids I’ve ever encountered.

High school was pretty great. I went to a rinky dink little Christian school. Very diverse, very accepting. Everyone got along. Bullying wasn't a real issue - not for me at least. We lived in working class neighborhoods and all got along. Nice try. When are you going to own up to the culture you've perpetuated.

I love how the guy who tries to bully and belittle people on this board all the time is going to blame the victims of gun violence for getting shot because of a "culture of nastiness"

Probably means he's thought of doing it himself, since he is mentally unbalanced and very angry, right wing and white nationalist. Could be a concern...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2018, 02:52:14 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2018, 05:36:02 AM by Vice President PiT »

The responses to an angry and passionate comment on the 2nd amendment.

-He's ugly.
-He was bullied in High School LOL
-We can't take it! Ban him!

Yeah, you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening when the guns are gone and students are still somehow dying in mass numbers at schools. Because you're either willfully ignorant or actively perpetrating this increasingly restricting culture that is isolating and destroying young minds.

um... The culture of wealth disparity, gated communities, a dearth of mental health resources, and widely available guns?

Cruz lost his mother and was living in a trailer in Lantana near the airport. Cruz was a permanently shattered, angry, disturbed young man. Those don't really fit in with the trends of the Parkland types I've just mentioned.

I'm practically a pacifist. I don't see how my belief in my uncle's right to keep his hunting rifle equates to me perpetuating a culture of violence, as opposed to say, all the people who thought Cruz's seemingly idle threats were "LOL hillarious! He's so weirdz!"

You guys have no counter-arguments.

Where were you guys when IndyTex actually blamed the victims of the Santa Monica shooting for "not putting out" for him or whatever it was? I'm noting an actual cultural trend here, not venting the deranged regrets of a 28 year old virgin. Crucify me if you want too, but Parkland is not a moment of hope at all if you're actually interested in stopping youth violence. It's a moment of despair.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2018, 02:54:18 PM »

> supports this man

> complains about a culture of nastiness

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2018, 02:54:38 PM »

Probably means he's thought of doing it himself, since he is mentally unbalanced and very angry, right wing and white nationalist. Could be a concern...
I don't bully and belittle posters. I dish what I take.

I have never once considered this, and if I were ever in such a dark place, I'd kill myself long before I got to that point. My regret, as harsh as this sounds considering my own family's experience, is that Nikolas Cruz never discovered heroin. It'd have his hands full and it's a lot more pleasant than saying "I wish he killed himself" or something awful.

Because if I wished Cruz had killed himself before the shooting, I'd be part of the problem.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2018, 02:55:46 PM »

> supports this man

> complains about a culture of nastiness

The fact that you used an unflattering picture of Trump kind of proves my point. That's basically what you types call a "microaggression." It exposes your inner malevolence.
Hollywood756
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2018, 02:56:41 PM »

Cruz lost his mother and was living in a trailer in Lantana near the airport. Cruz was a permanently shattered, angry, disturbed young man. Those don't really fit in with the trends of the Parkland types I've just mentioned.

I'm practically a pacifist. I don't see how my belief in my uncle's right to keep his hunting rifle equates to me perpetuating a culture of violence, as opposed to say, all the people who thought Cruz's seemingly idle threats were "LOL hillarious! He's so weirdz!"

so your answer to my questions is a culture of trivializing the concern for violence? He was reported several times, but given than gun laws are so lax, there was nothing they could do. The kid hadn't committed a crime until he did, and if he had his guns taken away before he killed anyone, guess who would be screaming about an intrusive and overbearing government confiscating guns?

Coherence is possible, my man, but you gotta learn to change your mind sometime.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2018, 02:57:25 PM »

People are attacking you Sanchez because you're attacking the survivors of a mass shooting who are childern no less. Do you understand how much of a raging douche you come off as?
Hollywood756
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2018, 02:58:41 PM »

People are attacking you Sanchez because you're attacking the survivors of a mass shooting who are childern no less. Do you understand how much of a raging douche you come off as?

and, worth noting, complaining about a culture of nastiness while doing it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 02:59:25 PM »

so your answer to my questions is a culture of trivializing the concern for violence? He was reported several times, but given than gun laws are so lax, there was nothing they could do. The kid hadn't committed a crime until he did, and if he had his guns taken away before he killed anyone, guess who would be screaming about an intrusive and overbearing government confiscating guns?

Coherence is possible, my man, but you gotta learn to change your mind sometime.
The kid should've never been able to pass a background check. He shouldn't have been able to buy the guns at 19. Bump stocks (irrelevant here but still a issue) and modifications (but not the gun proper) should be banned.

He used to sell knifes at school. 27 people were killed yesterday in a China knife attack. Take away the gun, and you still have an angry kid hell bent on acting out his perverse revenge on a bunch of students. You aren't dealing with the problem still. You aren't solving the crisis in his head or the exterior factors that are making it exponentially worse. What now?
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2018, 03:00:07 PM »

The responses to an angry and passionate comment on the 2nd amendment.

-He's ugly.
-He was bullied in High School LOL
-We can't take it! Ban him!

Yeah, you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening when the guns are gone and students are still somehow dying in mass numbers at schools. Because you're either willfully ignorant or actively perpetrating this increasingly restricting culture that is isolating and destroying young minds.

Likewise, assuming that anybody on the right gets off their asses and actually tries to do anything about "mental health" (which I highly doubt), you will also be in for a rude surprise when you realize that "mental health" is a huge, multi-fasceted problem which society at large has no answers. Sending every kid to therapy isn't going to stop school shootings either, yet that isn't going to make me bitch about how we shouldn't have any counseling services the way you people bitch about you AR15s.

You are describing literally millions of Americans. Most of them (in fact, all of them) are able to find healthier ways to cope than shooting their classmates.

But yeah, you're right, because he was poor and bullied by rich people, those kids definitely deserved to be gunned down while they were sitting in classrooms.

You perpetuate a cycle of violence by refusing to separate the idea of any sort of gun control from "taking away your uncle's hunting rifle". You know just as well as the rest of us that gun bans (which are not even the same as confiscations) are one out of many possible gun control options, and yet whenever these shootings happen, you and your fellow pearlclutchers will shoot down any discussion of sensible regulation with "muh hunting". Inability to separate an absolutist view of gun control from the many shades of gray that circulate around this issue is a deep part of why this discourse is always counter productive.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2018, 03:00:35 PM »

Do you understand how incredibly annoying it is to hear that bald girl call out law-abiding gun owners as "complicit" in a situation that really only involves her and her peers? It's almost like they don't want to look back at things....
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2018, 03:01:21 PM »

Sanchez is one of the people who overestimate how smart they really are. It says he's 21, thankfully he is a small minority in our age group. He's acting like a 68 year old unhinged right winger.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2018, 03:01:53 PM »

Democrats: "17 people died, let's see what we can do to reduce the chances of this happening again."

Republicans: "The shooting was justified!"
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2018, 03:02:42 PM »

The Republican party has become the party of sociopaths.

I really wish I didn't think you were right.

The question is, where does that leave the rest of us? A quarter to a half of our felow citizens are either monsters or too foolish to be treated as functioning human beings. (And that's not counting any idiots or sociopaths on 'our side', of which there are surely some.) What does a rational human being do in such a situation?
Hollywood756
Rookie

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2018, 03:04:02 PM »

The kid should've never been able to pass a background check. He shouldn't have been able to buy the guns at 19. Bump stocks (irrelevant here but still a issue) and modifications (but not the gun proper) should be banned.

He used to sell knifes at school. 27 people were killed yesterday in a China knife attack. Take away the gun, and you still have an angry kid hell bent on acting out his perverse revenge on a bunch of students. You aren't dealing with the problem still. You aren't solving the crisis in his head or the exterior factors that are making it exponentially worse. What now?

Ok, so we're for universal background checks. Good. We're for restrictions on certain modifications. good.

As for china, I can't find a story to back that up. I will say that if Cruz had a knife, I doubt the body count would have been as high. Harm reduction is a thing, you know.
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2018, 03:04:03 PM »

Do you understand how incredibly annoying it is to hear that bald girl call out law-abiding gun owners as "complicit" in a situation that really only involves her and her peers?

Pretty sure it affects way more people than just her and her peers.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2018, 03:04:08 PM »

As someone who is from South Florida, I can say with good authority that Parkland kids have tended to be the most preppy, arrogant, nasty, and pampered pack of kids I’ve ever encountered. Barring Boca kids at least. Up until last week my friends and I used to joke about them. My brother even bemoaned starting his job at the Jimmy Johns there because he didn’t want to work with them. The collective reputation of Parkland - and my experiences with Parkland kids - doesn’t change in spite of what happened. They in no way deserved this but I’ll be damned if a group of kids too scared to go down to MLK Blvd in Pompano to protest the regular killings of black youth due to crime/police/etc end up impacting this country’s two hundred year tradition of protecting the sanctity of our rights to bare arms.

They want to pimp out their friend’s deaths and make a statement? Well then we the people have the right to answer them. The ultimate victory of the NRA this time around will be an important life lesson for them anyway: you can’t always get what you want.

Attacking school kids because they are "arrogant, preppy and nasty" for wanting Gun control is the definition of Projection. I'm beginning to think that's all the Conservative ideology is.
DING DING DING DING DING!

Pathetic little people projecting their bitterness, insecurity, and fear into the world through the use of bullying and power grabbing...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2018, 03:04:12 PM »

I will respond to Peenie-Weenie's points, who actually engaged me relatively rationally, after a smoke. I'll note this before I return:

There are far, far, far better ways to cope than shooting up a school. I cope with ciggies when I get stressed. I'm not blaming the victims. I'm merely regretting that they aren't taking this moment to reflect on their town's broader culture. Like I said, crucify me. I really don't expect you guys to learn anything.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2018, 03:04:19 PM »

Do you understand how incredibly annoying it is to hear that bald girl call out law-abiding gun owners as "complicit" in a situation that really only involves her and her peers? It's almost like they don't want to look back at things....

About as annoying as the Benghazi mom that went on Fox and the RNC to blame Hillary for her son's death but you didn't see her get attacked by dem pundits
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2018, 03:04:58 PM »

Of course you aren't, that would have been proof that you have a conscience.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2018, 03:05:25 PM »

About as annoying as the Benghazi mom that went on Fox and the RNC to blame Hillary for her son's death but you didn't see her get attacked by dem pundits
I see you attacking her now. I see Atlas Dems do it all the time. And they're "regular" people. This stuff doesn't exist in Beltway alone you know.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2018, 03:05:42 PM »

Anyone who has to state this is obviously blaming the victims.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2018, 03:06:35 PM »

Anyone who has to state this is obviously blaming the victims.
If only you guys would have read my post instead of screaming "TEH CHILDREN! TEH CHIDRUN!" I wouldn't have had to clarify now would I?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies