Stormin Norman In 96
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:47:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Stormin Norman In 96
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Stormin Norman In 96  (Read 8749 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2005, 09:32:06 PM »

The Republican National Convention has been going on in San Diego for two days now, since August 12.

General Schwarzkopf and Senator McCain and his wife arrive into San Diego the evening of Aug 13 at 10:00 P.M.  The arrival is intentionally kept low key, and they are picked up at a private location at the air port in vehicles arranged by the party.  The motorcade of black Lincoln Towncars, accompanied by body guards before and after, makes it's way to the hotel where the General and the Senator, his wife, and their staffs, will be staying until after the convention.  They go to their hotel suites, from where they will be watching the convention proceedings, and where they will stay, until they make their way to the convention itself, on August 15. 

Those who have already spoken at the convention include former President Gerald Ford, former President George H W Bush, and General Colin Powell, on August 12.

Congressman John Kasich of Ohio, Congressman J.C. Watts of Oklahoma, Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas, spoke on August 13, as well on August 13, Senator Olympia Snowe of Maine delivered the keynote address.

Speakers on August 14 include former Vice President Day Quayle, former U.N. Ambassador Jeane Kirkpatrick, former Secretary of State James Baker III, Cynthia Schwarzkopf, daughter of General Schwarzkopf.

As well on August 14, Governor Jim Edgar of Illinois placed into nomination the name of Senator John McCain of Arizona for Vice President, describing Senator McCain as "a man who will do the right thing, no matter the consequences to himself."  There was a sustained and enthusiastic response from the audience at the nomination of McCain, and shouts of
"MCCAIN, MCCAIN, MCCAIN" filled the air.

Also on August 14, the honor of nominating General Norman Schwarzkopf for President went to Senator Bob Dole of Kansas.

Senator Dole walked up to the stage to a rousing, ehthusiastic, overwhelming standing ovation from the audience, to chants of "DOLE, DOLE, DOLE."  Senator Dole and his wife, Eliazbeth,  stood at the podium, waving and thanking the crowd. 

Finally, after three sustained minutes of demonstrations, Senator Dole began his speech.  "Thank you my friends, thank you, thank you, I accept the nomination, and I want General Norman Schwarzkopf as my running mate," as a big smile lit up his face.  This line brought the house down, and there was uproarious laughter in the convention hall for the next two minutes, and cheers and sustained applause.

Senator Dole then began his real speech.  "My friends, fellow Republicans, my fellow Americans, we are here today to nominate the next President of the United States, General Norman Schwarzkopf."  Another enthusiastic demonstration from the audience.  "America needs the courage, the vision, and the integrity that General Schwarzkopf will provide this nation."  An overwhelming demonstration from the audience takes place at the conclusion of Dole's speech.  Chants of "SCHWARZKOPF, SCHWARZKOPF, SCHWARZKOPF" are deafening.

On August 15, General Schwarzkopf, Senator McCain and his wife, Cindy, make their long awaited journey to the convention site.  The motorcade winds its way through downtown San Diego enroute to the convention.  Along the way, the General orders the motorcade to stop.  Against the advice of his staff, the General and the Senator get out of their limousines and, surrounded by security guards, walk to the sidewalks, where thousands of people are cheering, and waving "SCHWARZKOPF MCCAIN 1996" signs.  The General and the Senator begin greeting the people and reaching out to shake as many hands as they can reach.  The crowd are excited and boistrous, and anxious to shake the hands of Schwarzkopf and McCain.  After ten minutes of meeting the crowds, the General and the Senator get back into their limousines and continue making their way to the convention site.  This event, the General and the Senator meeting the people in these circumstances, has helped to solidify the image that the General is trying to achieve, a leader who wants to be among the people.   

General Schwarzkopf and Senator McCain, and the Senator's wife, Cindy, arrive at the convention center to a tumultuous welcome.  Music, cheering, chanting, signs waving.  You couldn't hear yourself think.

It is time for Senator McCain to accept the Vice Presidential nomination.  Senator McCain is introduced by the well respected former Senator from Missouri, John Danforth.  McCain begins his remarks, "My friends, my fellow Republicans, my fellow Americans, I accept the nomination for Vice President of the United States."  Thunderous applause and demonstrations.  "America deserves leadership of courage and conviction, and General Schwarzkopf and I are going to provide that leadership."  More thunderous applause and demonstrations.  After a rousing and impassioned thirty minute speech, Senator McCain concludes "Let us go forth together from this place, let us spread our message of hope and renewal to every corner of America, let us not look back, let us look ahead to the bright promise America has to offer.  My fellow Americans, everywhere, join us, join us in this great cause."

Thunderous applause, demonstrations, chanting.  Senator McCain, his wife and family, wave and smile to the crowd from the stage. 

And now, the final drama of the convention is about to unfold.  General Schwarzkopf is introduced to the convention by respected Senator John Warner of Virginia.  The crowd is on their feet, chanting, cheering, demonstrating.  General Schwarzkopf takes to the stage.  His three children, Cynthia, Jessica and Christian are waiting there.  The crowd is ecstatic.  The General smiles and waves to the audience.  "My friends, my fellow Republicans, my fellow Americans, I accept the nomination for President of the United States of America."  Another thunderous demonstration, a demonstration that goes on and on.  The General is finally able to be heard.  "My friends, my friends, thank you so very much for your outpouring of support.  It is so gratifying and so appreciated.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Thank you Senator McCain for those very kind remarks.  I am proud to have John McCain by my side."  Again thunderous applause.  After a thirty minute speech outlining his goals, domestic and foreign, the General concludes,  "As a General, I loved commanding soldiers and being around people who had made a serious commitment to serve their country.  As a member of the United States military, I had made a serious commitment to serve my country.  Now, as a civilian, I continue my commitment to serve my country."  Again, thunderous applause.  "I live by America's creed, duty, honor, country.  My fellow Americans, in every part of this nation, I am asking for your support, I won't let you down.  America, history calls, history calls us to duty, history calls us to honor, history calls us to country.  God bless America."

Thunderous, deafening, applause, chanting, sign waving.  Thousands of red, white, and blue balloons are released from the ceiling.  The military band plays patriotic music.

General Schwarzkopf, his children, Senator McCain, his wife and family, two former Presidents and their wives, as well as many others in attendance at the convention, are on the stage, waving to the crowd.  Front and center, side by side, General Schwarzkopf, his children to his right, Senator McCain, his wife and family to his left, raising each others arms in a victory wave.

The convention comes to an end.  The campaign is about to be turned up a notch.  The Republican ticket will not be taking anything for granted, or any state for granted.  They are about to embark on an all out campaign, from now until election day, to win the hearts and minds of Americans, in all parts of the nation.  The Republican campaign was well planned and very well financed.  The final phase was about to be carried out. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2005, 10:41:02 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2005, 09:44:50 AM by Winfield »

Friday, August 16, one day after a highly successful Republican National Convention, the now officially nominated Schwarzkopf McCain ticket hold a giant rally in Los Angeles.

Saturday, August 17, they work their way north, holding another giant rally in Bakersfield.

Sunday, August 18 is a day off of the campaign trail.

Monday, August 19, working their way north again, another giant rally in Fresno.

Tuesday, August 20, continuing their way north, another giant rally in
Sacramento.

Wednesday, August 21, Presidential nominee Schwarzkopf heads for New Mexico, and Vice Presidential nominee McCain heads for Nevada.

Thursday, Aug 22, General Schwarzkopf holds a major campaign appearance in Santa Fe, and Senator McCain holds a major campaign appearance in Las Vegas.

General Schwarzkopf is then scheduled to campaign in the following states, which were won by Bill Clinton in 1992, in order of geographic proximity

Connecticuit, Delaware, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, West Virginia.

Senator McCain is then scheduled to campaign in the following states, which wre won by Bill Clinton in 1992, in order of geopraphic proximity

Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, Ohio, Washington, Wisconsin.

The key battleground states of Florida, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wisconsin, are targeted for several appearances by the Republican campaign.

The Schwarzkopf McCain campaign was highly visible in most states, although to a lesser extent in the solid Democratic strongholds of D.C., Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont.

The Republican campaign did not take solid Republican states for granted, and campaigned in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wyoming.

Three presidential debates were held.  As General Schwarzkopf was not a career politician, and as President Clinton was a career politician, and was considered to be one of the best political performers, expectations of Schwarzkopf in the debates were therefore perceived by the public to be lower than were expectations of Clinton.  Schwarzkopf's performances in the debates, however, surprisesd many people at how well he actually did.  His years a military commander, leading, directing, and inspiring the troops seemed to have paid off in the debates.  The debates were considered to be a draw.

There was one Vice Presidential debate.  Both Senator McCain and Vice President Gore were, of course, experienced politicians, and both well experienced at political debate.  The Vice Presidential debate was low key, and the public was impressed with the performances of both candidates.

The Republicans wrapped up the campaign in the final two weeks, barnstorming key states, holding massive rallys in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, New Mexico, Oregon, as well as another major campaign stop in California.

On Saturday, November 2, three days before the election, General Schwarzkopf holds a massive rally in Little Rock, Arkansas, the home state of President Clinton.

Republican media campaigning emphasized General Schwarzkopf's leadership, commitment, courage, integrity, and his ability to achieve results, and McCain's experience and leadership as a U.S. Senator, and his ability in working with Congress to get things done.

Election eve ended with huge rallys, one by General Schwarzkopf in his home state of Florida, the other by Senator McCain in his home state of Arizona.

Everything that could have been done was done.  The candidates had given their all to the campaign.  They had carried their message to every corner of America.  The decision was now in the hands of the voters. 

All that could be done now was to wait, wait for the people to decide, and wait for democracy to take it's course.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2005, 08:47:59 PM »

I can't wait till election night!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2005, 10:33:08 AM »

Election day, Tuesday, November 5, 1996

Two towns in New Hampshire, Dixville Notch and Hart's Location, have cast their ballots at midnight, election day.  The eligible voters have gathered, cast their ballots, and the first results of election 1996 are announced one minute after they are counted.  The whole process takes only a matter of minutes.

Cameras are flashing as the results are announced.

In Dixville Notch, the returning officer announces
General Schwarzkopf            19
President Clinton                    9

In Hart's Location, the returning officer announces
General Schwarzkopf            16
President Clinton                  15

Election day dawns on America.

This election has sparked tremendous enthusiasm and interest among the public.  Voting in the advance and absentee polls has been much heavier than in past elections.  Election workers are anticipating, and are geared up for, record turn outs across the county.

The first voters, aside from those in Dixville Notch and Hart's Location, are making their way to the polls in the eastern time zone.  From New England, down the eastern seaboard, as far west as Michigan and Indiana, voting is reported as steady to heavy.

The central time zone polls are now open.  States in the midwest, parts of the southeast and southwest, are now voting.  Voting is again reported to be higher than usual.

The polls are now open in the mountain time zone.  The mountain states and southwest areas are now voting.  Voting reported again as very heavy.

The pacific time zone polls are now open.  The most westerly states in the continental U.S. are  now voting.  Voting again is heavy.

Polls are now open in Alaska.  Voting is higher than usual.

Polls are now open in Hawaii.  Voting again is reported as heavy.

Polls are now open across America. 

Both parties get out the vote efforts are in full swing across the country.  Neither campaign can afford to take anything for granted.

The last pre-election polls show a tight race.  This is surprising to many, considering a former military General, with no experience in elected politics or government, is up against a very politically shrewd and politically experienced President, a President who is considered by many to be the best political performer in a generation.

Exit polls, if they are to be believed, are released during the day.  They do, however, confirm what the latest pre-election polls were showing, a very close race, too close to call. 

President Clinton is at the White House.

Vice President Gore is in Nashville.

General Schwarzkopr is in Orlando.  The General was out during the day greeting and thanking well wishers.

Senator McCain is in Phoenix.  Likewise, the Senator was out during the day greeting and thanking well wishers.

It is now 5:00 P.M., eastern time.  The polls in the eastern time zone are now experiencing the first rush of voters returning home from their jobs.  There are extremely heavy line ups of people waiting to vote.  Voting in the cities, the suburbs, the outlying areas, the rural areas, all reported as very, very, heavy.

This same pattern is repeated in each of the other time zones as well, the central time zone, the mountain time zone, the pacific time zone, the Alaskan time zone, the Hawaiian time zone, as workers heading home head to the polls to cast their ballots. 

Voting is described as very, very, heavy across the country.

The extremely heavy turnout of voters does not let up all evening.  Heavy voting continues until the polls close.  Thousands of people waiting in line before the polls close are allowed to vote.  Those arriving after the polls have closed are turned away.

The polls were about to close in the eastern time zone.  The first major results of election 1996 were soon to be announced to the waiting nation.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2005, 06:59:11 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2005, 07:08:03 PM by Winfield »

Election night, Tuesday, November 5, 1996

Campaign workers and party supporters for both Republicans and Democrats are apprehensive as the eastern time zone polls are about to close.  They all know this is a very close election, that could go down to the wire.  The last pre-election polls showed a very tight race going into the home stretch.  Exit polling on election day showed as well a very close race.

Polls in the eastern time zone are now closed. 

Clinton is piling up good leads in Massachusetts, Rhode Island,  Connecticuit, and Vermont.

Schwarzkopf has a healthy lead in New Hampshire.

Maine, surprisingly, is too close to call. 

The big electoral vote states of the northeast, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, are all showing good leads for Clinton.  Good news for the Democrats.

Democratic strength continues into West Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware.  Clinton has good leads in all three states.

DC is called for Clinton within fifteen minutes of the polls closing there.  No surprise to anyone.

Moving south, the picture is taking a dramatic turn.  Schwarzkopf is piling up huge leads in Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia.

Schwarzkopf's home state, Florida, is reporting an absolutely massive lead for the General.

Moving into the midwest, more good news for the Shwarzkopf campaign.  Ohio is showing a solid lead for Schwarzkopf, and Indiana is going for Schwarzkopf on a big scale.

Clinton holds the lead in Michigan.

With the polls about to close in the central time zone states, this is the electoral map so far, leading or declared

Clinton/Gore (red)                                           137
Schwarzkopf/McCain (blue)                             118
Too close to call or not reporting (green)        283                                   

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2005, 09:13:28 PM »

The polls are now closed in the states in the central time zone.

Illinois is showing a big lead for Clinton.  Minnesota has Clinton leading as well, although by a smaller, but still comfortable margin.  Iowa has Clinton narrowly in the lead.

Wisconsin is too close to call.

Schwarzkopf is opening up huge leads in North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma, and a solid lead in Missouri.

In the big electoral state of Texas, Schwarzkopf has a massive lead.

Clinton is leading in his home state of Arkansas, and in Gore's home state of Tennessee, although both by narrow margins.  These are the only two bright spots for Clinton in the south.

Elsewhere in the south, Schwarzkopf is piling up massive margins in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.

With the polls about to close in the mountain time zone states, this is the electoral map, leading or declared.

Schwarzkopf/McCain (blue)                               211
Clinton/Gore (red)                                             193
Too close to call or not reporting (green)          134

Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2005, 09:35:20 PM »

I can't wait for more keep it up!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2005, 10:30:17 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2005, 10:54:45 PM by Winfield »

The polls are now closed in the states in the mountain time zone.

The mood in the Democratic campaign headquarters is starting to become decidedly downcast.  The mood at the Republican campaign headquarters is increasingly upbeat, although not overly confident.

The returns from the mountain and southwest states are about to start rolling in.  Not even the most optimistic Democrats hold out much hope in this area.  The mountain states have for some time been a bastion of Republican strength in presidential elections.  The southwest is the home of John McCain, and even Democrats expect his popularity to spill over into neighboring states.

The Democrats reason for pessimism for this area is well founded.

Right from the earliest returns, Schwarzkopf opens up massive leads in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah.

The Schwarzkopf leads in Colorado and New Mexico are not quite as large as in the other states in the area, however, they are still huge.  This is the one bright spot, if it can be called that, in this area for the Democrats.

In Arizona, home state of Republican Vice Presidential nominee John McCain, the Republican ticket is winning this state by what only can be described as historic proportions.

As these depressing returns for Democrats are coming in from the mountain and southwest states, more bad news for the Clinton/Gore ticket flashes up on the screens.  Late returns from Iowa, coming in from rural areas of the state, have swung the state to Schwarzkopf. 

With the polls about to close in the pacific time zone, this is the electoral map, leading or declared.

Schwarzkopf/McCain (blue)                                 254
Clinton/Gord (red)                                               186
Too close to call or not reporting (green)              98

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2005, 11:11:19 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2005, 10:24:18 PM by Winfield »

The polls are now closed in the states in the pacific time zone.

The Democrats spirits are beginning to look up.  They know they show strength on the west coast.

Returns from Nevada are showing a strong lead for Schwarzkopf.

In California, however, the biggest electoral prize of all, Clinton has a solid lead.

In Washington, as well, Clinton has a good lead.

In Oregon, however, returns are showing a very tight race.  Oregon is too close to call.

Based on exit polling, Alaska is called for Schwarzkopf, with a commanding win, and Hawaii is called for Clinton, with a sizeable win.

With returns now in from all 50 states and DC, this how the electoral map stands at this hour.

Schwarzkopf/McCain (blue)                              261
Clinton/Gore (red)                                            255
Too close to call (green)                                     22                               

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2005, 11:32:17 PM »

The winner has now been called by all the networks in all states, with the exceptions of Maine, Wisconsin, and Oregon.

These states are simply too close to call.

The mood at  both Republican and Democratic headquarters is one of outward optimism.

As predicted by the pundits, this election is going down to the wire.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2005, 10:28:27 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2005, 07:44:57 PM by Winfield »

Wednesday, November 6, 1996, the morning after the election.

Three states have not been called, Maine, Wisconsin, Oregon.

With 100% of the precints reporting, in all three states, the count shows

Maine                3,849 vote lead for Schwarzkopf
Wisconsin          3,697 vote lead for Clinton
Oregon              1,264 vote lead for Schwarzkopf

Official recounts are ordered in all three states, to begin immediately.

A Schwarzkopf spokesman tells the nation that General Schwarzkopf is encouraged by the initial returns in Maine and Oregon, and expresses optimism that his lead in those states will hold up after the recount, and after all the absentee votes have been counted.

With the 261 electoral votes General Schwarzkopf has won, a win in Maine with 4 electoral votes and Oregon with 7 electoral votes will give Schwarzkopf a total of 272 electoral votes, enough to win the election.

A Clinton spokesman tells the nation that President Clinton is optimistic that he will have the necessary electoral votes after the recounts to win re-election.

With the 255 electoral votes President Clinton has won, he would need a win in Wisconsin, where he is currently leading, plus a win in one of the other two states, to win re-election.

General Schwarzkopf holds a lead in the popular vote of approximately 380,000.

The recount in Maine confirms the Schwarzkopf lead, with a margin of 3,748.

The recount in Wisconsin confirms the Clinton lead, with a margin of 3,586.

The recount in Oregon, however, changes the result, and gives Clinton a lead of 1,147.

A spokesman for Schwarzkopf makes a statement to the nation, stating that General Schwarzkopf is gratified by the re-count confirming his win in Maine, and that since the results in Oregon are so close, that they will have to wait until the absentee votes have been counted before making a further statement. The spokesman tells the nation that General Schwarzkopf wants to ensure that all Americans who voted have their votes counted, given the closeness of the results, and in all fairness to the absentee voters. 

A spokesman for Clinton makes a statement that since the results in Oregon, which will decide the election, are so close, that they will wait until after all the absentee ballots have been counted before making a further statement.       

Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2005, 06:02:41 PM »

Im holding on to the edge of my seat!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2005, 07:35:01 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2005, 12:52:43 AM by Winfield »

Some in the Clinton camp had wanted the President to claim victory when Oregon had swung to him after the recount.  This, they reasoned, would show decisive leadership.  Cooler heads prevailed, however, and they opted to wait until after the absentee ballots for Oregon had been counted.  If Clinton ended up losing Oregon after the absentee ballots had been counted, he would have to withdraw his victory statement.

The Clinton campaign was quite apprehensive about the absentee votes coming in for Oregon.  They knew that about 10,000 absentee ballots for Oregon had been sent out, and, given the extremely high interest in this election, that probably 80% of those ballots would be cast.  They knew as well, historically, these absentee ballots favored the Republican candidate.

The Clinton campaign knew as well exactly what the Schwarzkopf spokesman meant when he said all absentee ballots must be counted.  He meant in large part military votes.  And the Clinton campaign knew these military votes would be going overwhelmingly for the General.

There was nothing the Clinton campaign could do now but hope for the best. 

The Schwarzkopf campaign knew they had only one hope of overtaking the lead again in Oregon, and this would be through the absentee ballots, in large measure which were military ballots.  The Republicans were optimistic, but could not take anything for granted.  This had been an up and down campaign from beginning to end.   

The absentee ballots for Oregon were counted on Friday, November 8, 1996.  This had to be the most watched, the most anticipated, the most dramatic vote count in the history of the United States.

The Clinton campaign's worst fears were realized.  82% of the absentee ballots sent out for Oregon were cast.  Of these 82%, General Schwarzkopf received an overwhelming majority. 

With the absentee votes factored into the Oregon vote count, this vaulted General Schwarzkopf into the lead again in Oregon, with a 3,653 vote lead over President Clinton.

The Democrats demanded, and got, a judicial state wide recount.  The recount was completed Tuesday, November 12, 1996, one week to the day after the election, and confirmed General Schwarzkopf's win with a margin of 3,578 votes over President Clinton.

One might ask, and rightly so, how did the Republicans win in Maine and Oregon, two states the Democrats, and indeed most political pundits, had seen as fairly easy states for the Democratic ticket to win?

This is a question the Democrats will no doubt be asking themselves for some time.  What went wrong? 

Did the people of Maine and Oregon, both independently thinking states, have a special attraction to the General, and his direct manner?  The General's campaigning in these states went over very well, attracting huge crowds and building momentum. 

The John McCain factor in both states was surely significant.  Certainly John McCain's campaigning in both Maine and Oregon atrracted large crowds and generated much enthusiasm. 

In Maine, Senator William Cohen and Senator Olympia Snowe campaigned tirelessly in behalf of the General.  The work of these two popular Republican Senators appears to have paid big dividends for the Schwarzkopf campaign.   

Were the voters of Maine, as well, pleased with the prominent role Senator Snowe played at the Republican National Convention as the keynote speaker?  Possibly.

Analysis of the vote in Oregon showed that the soldiers - marines, army, navy, air force, voted overwhelmingly for the General.  Not just in Oregon, but in every state.

But thanks to the military vote in Oregon in particular, the soldiers had made a General a President.   

Schwarzkopf/McCain (blue)                 272
Clinton/Gore (red)                               266                 

Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2005, 07:40:51 PM »

Are you coming out with another part soon?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2005, 11:00:48 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2005, 12:09:22 AM by Winfield »

One final event

President elect Schwarzkopf is, sadly, a widower, his wife having died some years ago.

On Saturday, December 14, 1996, in the National Cathedral in Washington, DC, President elect Schwarzkopf marries Ann Coulter.

The wedding draws dignitaries from across America and from around the world.

Americans turn out by the thousands to see the couple as they leave the cathedral after the service.

Ann Coulter Schwarzkopf goes on to become the most outspoken and controversial first lady in history, but she sure keeps things interesting at the White House.  Smiley 

As to whether I will be writing any more on the story, thank you for asking, but my story ends with the election of General Schwarzkopf and Senator McCain, who at this point in time in the story are now President elect Norman Schwarzkopf and Vice President elect John McCain.

Perhaps someone can pick up from here and go on with the story of the Schwarzkopf/McCain administration.

Thanks for the idea of a Schwarzkopf candidacy.  I enjoyed writing it.  I am pleased you enjoyed it, and I trust others did as well.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2005, 06:17:30 PM »

I can pick it up for you and, Countune if you like?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2005, 09:29:23 PM »

Yes, that would be great.

I'll be sure to read it.

Thanks.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2005, 10:19:38 PM »

I will have to think of something though.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies