Opinion of parents forbidding their teenage sons from having female friends (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:11:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of parents forbidding their teenage sons from having female friends (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of parents forbidding their teenage sons from having female friends?
Freedom Rule

Horrible Rule

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Opinion of parents forbidding their teenage sons from having female friends  (Read 2289 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 20, 2018, 06:18:04 PM »

From when I was 13 to when I was 18, my mother forbade me from having female friends. Is this a freedom rule or a horrible rule?
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 09:37:55 PM »

From when I was 13 to when I was 18, my mother forbade me from having female friends. Is this a freedom rule or a horrible rule?

If you don't mind, is your mother muslim? They typically rule it!
Nope, she's a secular Jew.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 12:09:37 AM »

Frank Lautenberg is probably the politician that best represents my mom's views.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 10:02:04 AM »

Yes. I wasn't allowed anywhere without being supervised by her or someone who would talk to her.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 09:22:02 PM »

Was it Shiksa girls your mum was mainly worried about?
Nope. She just thought I would say the wrong thing to a girl and that the resulting fallout would cause me to commit suicide. She used stories about "cyberbullying" to justify her actions.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 01:18:22 AM »

Was it Shiksa girls your mum was mainly worried about?
Nope. She just thought I would say the wrong thing to a girl and that the resulting fallout would cause me to commit suicide. She used stories about "cyberbullying" to justify her actions.
Out of interest, have you spoken to a woman at any point since you turned 18, and how did it go?
Yes, and it's gone well.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 02:01:25 PM »

What's interesting is that my mom's justification for her rule was "girls gossip a lot, spread rumors, are liars, are mean, are bullies", etc., but when similar things were said about Hillary Clinton, my mom called it out as being sexist.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies