Trump: Guns for teachers will end school shootings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:12:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump: Guns for teachers will end school shootings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: Guns for teachers will end school shootings  (Read 2568 times)
Bismarck
Chancellor

« on: February 25, 2018, 01:59:10 PM »

I agree with the consensus that this will not be a solution but some of the criticisms here are rather silly as well. Nobody proposed forcing teachers to be armed, only allowing those teachers who wanted to. So no sweet old lady teacher would be forced to have a gun. Also they surely would have to be locked up, it wouldn’t just like be sitting on a desk or in a holster for God’s sake. Get a grip people. Oppose a policy on its merits or lack thereoff, don’t just spout nonsense.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 02:48:25 PM »

I agree with the consensus that this will not be a solution but some of the criticisms here are rather silly as well. Nobody proposed forcing teachers to be armed, only allowing those teachers who wanted to. So no sweet old lady teacher would be forced to have a gun. Also they surely would have to be locked up, it wouldn’t just like be sitting on a desk or in a holster for God’s sake. Get a grip people. Oppose a policy on its merits or lack thereoff, don’t just spout nonsense.

So, you're saying that the GOP's actual proposal to stop all school shooting is that some teachers and other school employees will have a gun locked up somewhere? So that when a shooting is in progress, they can just go mosey on over to their gun locker - while the gunman patiently waits - then, in a state of complete calm, open the locker, ready their weapon, and then fire some of those magic bullets that will find the prospective shooter and kill them (and only them), without forcing the now-armed school employee to conduct a frantic hunt for them.

Anyone who thinks "arm the teachers" is anything other than moronic is, themselves, so stupid they ought to be found legally incompetent to conduct their own affairs.

Learn the concept of nuance my friend. I never said it was a good solution. Actually I said it wasn’t. I just think a policy should be considered honestly rather than demagogued. You are correct in stating that it isn’t a practical solution. It might at the very least be something that makes shooters less brazen though. One of the reasons schools are chosen is because they are easy targets.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies