Trump: Guns for teachers will end school shootings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:36:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump: Guns for teachers will end school shootings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: Guns for teachers will end school shootings  (Read 2564 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: February 21, 2018, 09:00:07 PM »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43149694

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Perhaps we could start by focusing on the mental health of the sociopath in the Oval Office? Just a thought.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 10:17:20 PM »

What about the majority of teachers who don't know how to use guns and have no interest in having them in classrooms? Will they be forced?

I imagine that as long as the public education money goes into gun industry pockets, no one will care if the guns actually get carrier or not.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 10:28:42 PM »

He's doubled down:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/967472757025001472

I think we should start a petition to take away this genius's Secret Service detail, and replace it with a gun and an annual firearms course.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 10:34:17 AM »

Trump claims that schools are "frankly no different" than military bases.

Link: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/966740294556438528

P.S. Couldn't get the Twitter embed to work.

Trump (R-Moscow) is a blithering idiot and a disgrace to both our nation and the human race.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 02:10:14 PM »

I agree with the consensus that this will not be a solution but some of the criticisms here are rather silly as well. Nobody proposed forcing teachers to be armed, only allowing those teachers who wanted to. So no sweet old lady teacher would be forced to have a gun. Also they surely would have to be locked up, it wouldn’t just like be sitting on a desk or in a holster for God’s sake. Get a grip people. Oppose a policy on its merits or lack thereoff, don’t just spout nonsense.

So, you're saying that the GOP's actual proposal to stop all school shooting is that some teachers and other school employees will have a gun locked up somewhere? So that when a shooting is in progress, they can just go mosey on over to their gun locker - while the gunman patiently waits - then, in a state of complete calm, open the locker, ready their weapon, and then fire some of those magic bullets that will find the prospective shooter and kill them (and only them), without forcing the now-armed school employee to conduct a frantic hunt for them.

Anyone who thinks "arm the teachers" is anything other than moronic is, themselves, so stupid they ought to be found legally incompetent to conduct their own affairs.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 08:47:50 PM »

I agree with the consensus that this will not be a solution but some of the criticisms here are rather silly as well. Nobody proposed forcing teachers to be armed, only allowing those teachers who wanted to. So no sweet old lady teacher would be forced to have a gun. Also they surely would have to be locked up, it wouldn’t just like be sitting on a desk or in a holster for God’s sake. Get a grip people. Oppose a policy on its merits or lack thereoff, don’t just spout nonsense.

So, you're saying that the GOP's actual proposal to stop all school shooting is that some teachers and other school employees will have a gun locked up somewhere? So that when a shooting is in progress, they can just go mosey on over to their gun locker - while the gunman patiently waits - then, in a state of complete calm, open the locker, ready their weapon, and then fire some of those magic bullets that will find the prospective shooter and kill them (and only them), without forcing the now-armed school employee to conduct a frantic hunt for them.

Anyone who thinks "arm the teachers" is anything other than moronic is, themselves, so stupid they ought to be found legally incompetent to conduct their own affairs.

Learn the concept of nuance my friend. I never said it was a good solution. Actually I said it wasn’t. I just think a policy should be considered honestly rather than demagogued. You are correct in stating that it isn’t a practical solution. It might at the very least be something that makes shooters less brazen though. One of the reasons schools are chosen is because they are easy targets.

Most folks here have one agenda; to disarm law abiding citizens and take their guns, along with their right to keep and bear arms.  That's their bottom line.  

I'm willing to be proven wrong.  Much has been said about Trump being a demogogue over arming teachers, but there is a degree of demogoguing the gun control issue as well.  

I'm not sure who you're talking about, but I have NEVER advocated to disarm everyone. Of course, you're welcome to beat up as many straw men as you like.

Nor have I. I am a firearms enthusiast (though I draw the line at spending the ludicrous amounts of money some people spend on their collection / obsession / hobby). A large part of the reason I am in favor of much stronger restriction is because of all the stupid and dangerous things I have seen people do with their firearms, mostly because they have no understanding of or practice with their expensive but potentially deadly toys.

I want to see guns available only to those who can demonstrate they can and will use them responsibly. That doesn't mean outright banning them, but I see no problems with registry, comprehensive but fair examination to get a firearms permit, or even the need to store ammunition or the guns themselves at an armory.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies