Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 25, 2019, 01:06:33 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  About this Site
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  AtlasMod v1.0 - Announcement / Details
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: AtlasMod v1.0 - Announcement / Details  (Read 11878 times)
wxtransit
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

P P
View Profile Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 01:08:21 pm »

I've noticed that when I drag the color selector around to choose a color in the new custom color option, I get something like this instead of the final color I want. It selects every color I drag over. (quote the post to see what I mean)

Virginiá
Virginia C
Modadmin
YaBB God
Ukraine

P P
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 01:18:44 pm »

I've noticed that when I drag the color selector around to choose a color in the new custom color option, I get something like this instead of the final color I want. It selects every color I drag over. (quote the post to see what I mean)

Oh wow, I'm not sure. That color selector window isn't actually something I made. It's a built-in feature of the browser. On my computer, using Firefox and Chrome, it only selects the color that is picked when I click the "OK" button and close out of the dialog window. What browser are you using?
wxtransit
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2018, 02:14:20 pm »

Oh wow, I'm not sure. That color selector window isn't actually something I made. It's a built-in feature of the browser. On my computer, using Firefox and Chrome, it only selects the color that is picked when I click the "OK" button and close out of the dialog window. What browser are you using?

Chrome, but on a Mac. On my home computer (which I use Firefox on), it works fine. Odd.
Virginiá
Virginia C
Modadmin
YaBB God
Ukraine

P P
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2018, 02:33:15 pm »

Thanks wx. I will look into it further. I don't use a Mac, so I never noticed this before.
shua
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

View Profile WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2018, 03:54:18 pm »

Okay, so now can we get our "nationalist" avatars?

wxtransit
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 03:54:54 pm »

Thanks wx. I will look into it further. I don't use a Mac, so I never noticed this before.

Yep, typically I use a Windows computer, so this was also the first time I saw this. Tongue
fluffypanther19
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2018, 05:21:10 pm »

ya did good  Kiki
AustralianSwingVoter
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2018, 06:21:00 pm »

All I care about is the doubling of the post character count, and I can't thank you enough for it. (the reason:https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=279490.0)
AustralianSwingVoter
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2018, 06:26:55 pm »

While doing one of my omnibus elections posts I noticed a major issue. The Character(s) left counter goes to 22,000, the officially announced character limit, however I get the "The message exceeds the maximum allowed length" error (which also states that the limit is 22,000 characters) on posts longer than 21,000 characters.

To summarise, although the character limit is supposed to be 22,000, the forum won't let you post more than 21,000 characters. This probably needs to be solved.
AustralianSwingVoter
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2018, 06:38:04 pm »

While doing one of my omnibus elections posts I noticed a major issue. The Character(s) left counter goes to 22,000, the officially announced character limit, however I get the "The message exceeds the maximum allowed length" error (which also states that the limit is 22,000 characters) on posts longer than 21,000 characters.

To summarise, although the character limit is supposed to be 22,000, the forum won't let you post more than 21,000 characters. This probably needs to be solved.

Firstly, after some more digging I have found that the exact character limit at current is 21,170, which is 830 short of the announced limit, and I have attached an image below as proof.
If you want to see it for yourself then quote the long post on which I discovered this: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=279490.msg6055781#msg6055781, and then just add the the images at the top at the bottom again and then one of them again and you'll find it.

Img
Virginiá
Virginia C
Modadmin
YaBB God
Ukraine

P P
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2018, 10:10:34 pm »

I think it has something to do with the way BBCode is processed. It's not a problem unique to this new addon, as for this particular change, all that happened was the post count in the forum administrative settings was changed from 11k to 22k. So whatever the true limit is now, no other changes are planned.
LaRouche Lives Forever!
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2018, 10:14:09 pm »

Digging the changes! Great work guys!
shua
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2018, 12:56:50 am »

why is Sanchez's huge sig not truncated like the others?   did you do something clever, Sanchez?  or is this a random glitch?
Virginiá
Virginia C
Modadmin
YaBB God
Ukraine

P P
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2018, 01:42:56 am »

why is Sanchez's huge sig not truncated like the others?   did you do something clever, Sanchez?  or is this a random glitch?

I'm still trying to work out the kinks in that feature. It was surprisingly hard to do because sometimes the images in people's signatures don't load until after the script has assessed the height. It happens to Kalwejt's too.
DTC
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.50

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2018, 02:04:08 am »

Great mod. I love the new ignore and signature features.
Virginiá
Virginia C
Modadmin
YaBB God
Ukraine

P P
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2018, 02:28:22 am »

why is Sanchez's huge sig not truncated like the others?   did you do something clever, Sanchez?  or is this a random glitch?

I'm still trying to work out the kinks in that feature. It was surprisingly hard to do because sometimes the images in people's signatures don't load until after the script has assessed the height. It happens to Kalwejt's too.

shua / anyone else: On second thought, how big is too big, in your opinion?

Kalwejt and Sanchez's signatures are just under the height threshold where the script truncates them. This was my "stab in the dark" default max height, and I figured it might need to be adjusted.

Maybe restrict the height by 20% more or so? I'm trying to find a sweet spot that respects Atlas's culture of large signatures but restricts ones that are a bit too tall. So for instance I can say going so far as 50% of Sanchez's signature's height would be too far.
Ἅιδης
Hades
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2018, 03:01:10 am »

Don't you dare slash through DTC's little fox! Cry
DTC
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2018, 10:17:34 am »

Now the new ignore feature doesn't seem to be working. I'm seeing King Fear and LimoLibel posts again (although I still have to click show to actually see them).
Virginiá
Virginia C
Modadmin
YaBB God
Ukraine

P P
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2018, 01:25:22 pm »

Now the new ignore feature doesn't seem to be working. I'm seeing King Fear and LimoLibel posts again (although I still have to click show to actually see them).

Did you actually check off "Hide posts by ignored users more thoroughly" on the Atlas - Forum Options page? All it does is hide those posts entirely. You can still see quotes of ignored user's posts, which is something I'd like to address in the future, but it requires a lot more changes to do.
DTC
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2018, 01:29:07 pm »

Did you actually check off "Hide posts by ignored users more thoroughly" on the Atlas - Forum Options page? All it does is hide those posts entirely. You can still see quotes of ignored user's posts, which is something I'd like to address in the future, but it requires a lot more changes to do.

Yep. It seems to be working for some ignored posts, but not others. I know I can still see quotes, but I'm saying that I still have the option to open some posts fsr.
Virginiá
Virginia C
Modadmin
YaBB God
Ukraine

P P
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2018, 01:35:16 pm »

okies I'll check it out. I knew there would be bugs but that feature was pretty simple and I wasn't expecting it to be an issue.
DavidB.
YaBB God
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: -1.74, S: 5.13

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2018, 01:44:32 pm »

The forum has become slower for me when I post stuff. Am I the only one?
Virginiá
Virginia C
Modadmin
YaBB God
Ukraine

P P
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2018, 01:54:15 pm »

Does it happen all the time, or only when you quote another user's post?
Good Grumps With A Gun
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Russian Federation
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2018, 02:39:18 pm »

No
#KavanaughForPrison
Solid4096
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2018, 02:49:38 pm »

A ton of old threads that I had already read are suddenly being marked as unreal at random for no reason, especially in boards rarely posted in.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies