Trump approval ratings thread 1.3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:18:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 79
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.3  (Read 179114 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2018, 07:44:59 PM »
« edited: February 25, 2018, 07:54:30 PM by TexasGurl »

Time for another reboot already.  Smile
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=274553.0
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 07:46:59 PM »

I bet Trump will have hit sub-30 by the time this thread is done.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 07:49:38 PM »

Please change the title to 1.3 before it pisses me off. Thanks in advance.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 07:52:21 PM »

lmao

TG in addition to the 1.3 thing can you also add the old thread link to the main post  Tongue?

YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 07:54:02 PM »

lmao

TG in addition to the 1.3 thing can you also add the old thread link to the main post  Tongue?

I didn't mean to sound like a dick to TJ; just obsessed with preserving Atlas tradition Tongue.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 08:00:53 PM »

He'll be rotting in jail by then my friend.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 08:06:17 PM »

As quickly as we go through these threads now-a-days, even if Trump's been indicted, I can't see a House impeachment having gotten past the committee stage at the most, even if the GOP decides to abandon Trump after an indictment.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 08:40:10 PM »

As quickly as we go through these threads now-a-days, even if Trump's been indicted, I can't see a House impeachment having gotten past the committee stage at the most, even if the GOP decides to abandon Trump after an indictment.
KB
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 08:42:58 PM »

Another thread where we can piss our pants over tiny fluctuations in his approval rating. Looking forward to it!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 09:24:20 PM »

Another thread where we can piss our pants over tiny fluctuations in his approval rating. Looking forward to it!

You have obviously been lurking here a while, but need to post much more often.  Cheesy
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 10:32:12 PM »

You have obviously been lurking here a while, but need to post much more often.  Cheesy
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 10:33:06 PM »

Trump closing gap quickly in Huffpost pollster average: http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/trump-job-approval

Anybody putting all their midterm hopes on an unpopular Trump should be worried.

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 10:47:16 PM »

Trump closing gap quickly in Huffpost pollster average: http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/trump-job-approval

Anybody putting all their midterm hopes on an unpopular Trump should be worried.

Ignoring the fact that they have yet to include the most recent Suffolk and CNN poll.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 11:55:46 PM »

Ignoring the fact that they have yet to include the most recent Suffolk and CNN poll.

If you haven’t put Andrew on ignore, please do! He just wants attention like his man child leader

Seriously. You don't even have to ever see their posts ever more with the new Ignore option. I'm tired of seeing people quote LimoLibel.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2018, 12:18:52 AM »

Stop it, Richard.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 12:20:17 AM »

White noise poll movements vs rain in NOVA, discuss with maps
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 01:04:31 AM »

White noise poll movements vs rain in NOVA, discuss with maps

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2018, 01:30:35 AM »

If you haven’t put Andrew on ignore, please do! He just wants attention like his man child leader

Seriously. You don't even have to ever see their posts ever more with the new Ignore option. I'm tired of seeing people quote LimoLibel.

Had no idea. I've had him on ignore but took him off because he occasionally posts relevant stuff. But today he was super troll'y so might as well perma ignore him.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 01:32:12 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2018, 04:29:42 AM by pbrower2a »

Blank map.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 02:20:09 AM »

For the gazilionth time: respect us who have limo on ignore and stop quoting him.

Thanks.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 03:04:01 AM »

For the gazilionth time: respect us who have limo on ignore and stop quoting him.

Thanks.

Lol, you shouldn't feel disrespected if someone chooses to engage with a poster you don't like. That goes for everyone, you may not like it but until Limoliberal is banned or stops posting, people are allowed to interact with him. It's stupid to try and police other posters posting decisions.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 04:33:06 AM »

I see evidence that the gaps are getting bigger. We shall see this proved  or disproved in statewide polling.   
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 05:18:14 AM »

Cook PVI ratings:

Color and intensity will indicate the variance from a tie (ties will be in white) with  in a 50-50 election with blue for an R lean and red for a D lean. Numbers will be shown except in individual districts

int      var
2        1-4%
3        5-8%
5        9-12%
7        13-19%
9        20% or more

Cook PVI assumes a 50-50 Presidential election, reasonable since 2000 because except for the 2008 Presidential election all such exception, those five all were basically even for almost the entire electoral season. One can use polling to predict whether the next Presidential election will be a 50-50 proposition, and if not, how far the likely reality diverges from that assumption.

Based on 2012 and 2016 Cook PVI shows that the average Republican nominee will carry Alabama 59-41 and Florida 52-48; that the nominees will tie in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania; and that the Democratic nominee will win Michigan by 51-49 and New York 62-38. Of course, even in a 50-50 election, cultural affinities and the emphases will matter greatly. So could demographic trends. We will talk about that for Arizona and Texas.   

For DC (not measured) and Congressional districts that vote independently of states, I have common sense for Dee Cee and the congressional votes for those districts.

DC -- way out of reach for any Republican.

ME-01 D+8
ME-02 R+2

NE-01 R+11
NE-02 R+4
NE-03 R+27

(data from Wikipedia, map mine)

Here  is the Gallup data for 2017. Figuring that this is an average from early February to late December, I will have to assume an average date of July 15 or so for the polling data. This is now rather old data, and in some cases obsolete. For example, I see Trump support cratering in the Mountain and Deep South (seer below). the Mountain South and Deep South are going back to a populist phase (the South has typically oscillated between the  two) or whether The Donald is beginning to appear as a bad match for either part of the South.  This data (or later polling) is not  intended to show anything other than how support appears at some time or at an average of times. As a general rule, new polling supplants even better old  polling.

So here  is the Gallup polling with a number  of 100-DIS reflecting what I consider the ceiling for Donald Trump. This is lenient to the extent that I assume that he can pick up most undecided voters but recognizes that undoing disapproval at any stage requires miracles. By definition, miracles are unpredictable.

Gallup data from all polls in 2017 (average assumed  in mid-July):

*Approval lower than disapproval in this state

for barely-legible numbers for DC and some states -- CT 37 DC 11 DE 42 HI 40 MD 35 RI 38

Lightest shades are for a raw total of votes that allows for a win with a margin of 5% or less; middle shades are for totals with allow for wins with 6 to 10% margins; deepest shades are for vote percentages that allow wins of 10% or more. Numbers are for the projected vote for Trump.

I assume that President Trump will reach (1) just short of winning if he is behind, or (2) the ceiling that 100-DIS suggests if he is ahead. Basically I expect him to pick up the undecided vote to a large extent if he is behind because as badly as he is behind in some states, the undecided are clearly right-of-center.  That is not charity; it is caution. People who have given up on him already are unlikely to give him a second chance. The mirror image would apply if the Democratic incumbent were having trouble with outrageous behavior. 

This is polling from October or later.

I use 100-DIS as a reasonable ceiling for the Trump vote in 2020. Thus:

Lightest shades are for a raw total of votes that allows for a win with a margin of 5% or less; middle shades are for totals with allow for wins with 6 to 10% margins; deepest shades are for vote percentages that allow wins of 10% or more. Numbers are for the projected vote for Trump.

I use a 'favorability' rating for Illinois because such is all that is available and at this stage, favorability and approval are close when there is no active campaign.

Note -- if Trump is underwater in the polling, then the results come out in pink. 

Now, for the variance between  100-DIS from recent polling and Cook PVI.   

Variation from PVI (polls from October 2017 and later):

Orange implies that President Trump projects to do better than Cook PVI based on 100-DIS. In Minnesota I have a 49-47 poll with which to work, and people in that thread tell me that the pollster who got those results is suspect. So the President is doing 2% better in California in accordance with 100-DIS than Cook PVI suggests. Not significant, obviously, because that is the difference between losing the Golden State 60-40 instead of 62-38.

This is likely the last that you will see of my  analysis of polling based on deviation from Cook PVI. I think we can be assured that President Trump is doing worse, in general in  polling, than something consistent with a 50-50 split of the popular vote.

This data is from mid-February.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 10:05:35 AM »

Thanks.

Lol, you shouldn't feel disrespected if someone chooses to engage with a poster you don't like. That goes for everyone, you may not like it but until Limoliberal is banned or stops posting, people are allowed to interact with him. It's stupid to try and police other posters posting decisions.

Lyndon was probably joking.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 10:15:24 AM »

Rasmussen

Approve: 49 (-1)
Disapprove: 49

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 79  
« previous next »