Why was Hillary expected to win
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:41:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why was Hillary expected to win
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why was Hillary expected to win  (Read 2845 times)
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2018, 11:56:16 AM »

Trump flopped over the line by less than 100,000 votes in 3 states. That's people being put off by the Comey thing, and people waking up and thinking 'Hillary is going to win anyway, lets stay in bed'

I love when people use the “100,000 votes in three states” argument, while ignoring the fact that he won IA, OH, ME-02, and FL in addition to MI, WI, and PA. Not to mention that MN and ME-AL went from Democratic landslides in 2012 to within three points in 2016.

But please, continue to parrot the talking point that it was just three meager wins that put Trump in office. That kind of hubris will be very helpful in our path to victory in 2020.

Uh, it was because if he doesn't win those states as well he loses the election 278-260.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2018, 11:22:27 PM »

Trump flopped over the line by less than 100,000 votes in 3 states. That's people being put off by the Comey thing, and people waking up and thinking 'Hillary is going to win anyway, lets stay in bed'

I love when people use the “100,000 votes in three states” argument, while ignoring the fact that he won IA, OH, ME-02, and FL in addition to MI, WI, and PA. Not to mention that MN and ME-AL went from Democratic landslides in 2012 to within three points in 2016.

But please, continue to parrot the talking point that it was just three meager wins that put Trump in office. That kind of hubris will be very helpful in our path to victory in 2020.

The hag got blown out with a 2-1 money advantage. Just wait until the next candidate lacks a 2-1 money advantage.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2018, 11:35:07 PM »

She faced someone who ran a campaign almost as horrible as hers, plus the economy was starting to roar by that time.  It had shades of 1988 and 2000.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2018, 08:17:56 PM »

I think mostly we all just overestimated the American people.

Keep saying this on Hillary's behalf and see what happens.

I don't really care what happens.

One candidate was a proudly ignorant racist who bragged about assaulting women. One wasn't. Your people picked the objectively sh-ttier option. You can get your knickers in a bunch over being called out on it, but the vast majority of non-Americans (and, I'll add, educated people) see your situation for exactly what it was.

Go cry.

You're the one that's crying.

My candidate won.

And I really don't care what non-Americans think about our politics any more than you might think of my opinion of your Prime Minister.  Americans decide who their President will be.  If foreigners don't like it, too bad. 

Having said that, I certainly believe that this should be OUR policy in the elections of other nations.  We would not be having the problems we have now with Iran if we had remembered this during the 1950s.  I'll give you that hanky to dry your "Muh Popular Vote" tears.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2018, 09:47:53 PM »

I think mostly we all just overestimated the American people.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies