Is Blanco walking dead?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:41:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is Blanco walking dead?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Is Blanco walking dead?  (Read 3535 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2005, 01:59:45 AM »

Landrieu should be toast as well.  For all her blaming of Bush, it is interesting that she was unable to mobilize a single bus to evacuate her constituents in the 48 hours priopr to the hurricane, though when she needed their votes, she was able to assemble a hundred or more in less than 14 hours.   I guess it's all about the motivation.

I can't fault Landrieu; US Senators don't have bus fleets.  I can't blame Blanco; LA did not have a fleet of buses sitting in NOLA.  I can't blame Bush or Brown; the federal government did not have a bus fleet sitting in NOLA.  Nagin did have a bus fleet sitting (and now rusting) in NOLA; the city had an evacuation plan to use them.  Nagig did not use them.

I'd agree, Indeed Landrieu has come out of this debacle better than any other - despite the fact that as a Senator there really was nothing practical she could do - however the perminant displacment of some Black voters from the NO area and the distruption of some very established GOTV systems in NO neigbourhoods, can't be good for her.

2008 would also be a tough year for Landrieu and a lot will depend on who's at the top of the ticket for the Democrats, Landrieu could run for Governor in 07, she'd be far better placed than Blanco to win IMHO and would then be able to apiont her replacment... but i don't think that will happen, but as things stand now her reaction to Katrina pretty much can only help her with most voters in Louisiana, it'll still be a competative race in 08, but barring a Dem meltdown nation wide, she should win.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies