AtlasMod 2.0: Suggest ideas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:42:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AtlasMod 2.0: Suggest ideas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: AtlasMod 2.0: Suggest ideas  (Read 23513 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2018, 08:49:13 PM »

Would moderators be willing to take the time to split everyone elses posts in their thread away at original posters request so that they can delete their own post?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2018, 06:01:08 AM »

I wish I could do the other Atlas but it isn’t the same accounts
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2018, 02:37:15 PM »

Make the default option for new polls to allow users to change their votes.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2018, 10:10:17 PM »

Require avatars for people with 100+ posts.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2018, 09:46:10 PM »

Is it possible for you to add new symbols to the drop-down menu?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2018, 09:50:40 PM »

The stats element of the profile is somewhat broken. There used to be a bar thing that showed which hours one had posted in the most. Now it says 'no posts to speak of'.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2018, 10:06:50 PM »

Which menu? You don't mean the buttons right below the forum logo do you?

The stats element of the profile is somewhat broken. There used to be a bar thing that showed which hours one had posted in the most. Now it says 'no posts to speak of'.

Yes I know about that issue. It will be fixed in the next update.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2018, 10:10:07 PM »

Which menu? You don't mean the buttons right below the forum logo do you?

I mean the message icon below the subject title.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2018, 11:49:29 PM »

Oh, I'm not sure. I did try to add a new mobile icon last time but Dave didn't use it for whatever reason. I'm not going to bother this time.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2018, 11:52:32 PM »

Oh, I'm not sure. I did try to add a new mobile icon last time but Dave didn't use it for whatever reason. I'm not going to bother this time.

Okay. Pity. THX.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2018, 07:46:29 PM »

The text field for the signature urgently needs a menu board and a preview option!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2018, 09:06:48 PM »

Pfffft you can always just go to the new post/thread page and just use that lol

It's actually a decent amount of work to do what you're saying, and for something that doesn't really add too much of value (imo).

At any rate I'm actually finalizing this update so it's too late for requests like that. Apologies~!
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2018, 10:28:00 PM »

Pfffft you can always just go to the new post/thread page and just use that lol

It's actually a decent amount of work to do what you're saying, and for something that doesn't really add too much of value (imo).

At any rate I'm actually finalizing this update so it's too late for requests like that. Apologies~!

What are the contents? Please tell me that you are not going through with disabling deleting own topics beyond a # of replies.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2018, 10:43:08 PM »

What are the contents? Please tell me that you are not going through with disabling deleting own topics beyond a # of replies.

I'll release a list when it's done, but there are some pretty major features that I think some people will like and other(s) that might be pretty polarizing. At least one of the features will only be a trial run.

And yes the prohibition on deleting topics past x replies is absolutely on my list. This entire forum thrives in large part because people wind up here by search engines that have indexed entire threads. It hurts this forum when users, either by mistake or on purpose, delete entire megathreads or other large threads that really did not need to be deleted (users can delete their own posts within that thread vs deleting other people's).

I was indifferent to this but after being a moderator for almost 2 years, it's very annoying to see large megathreads disappear for no good reason, or users who decide they want to delete all their posts end up doing it so fast and without regard that they end up deleting a bunch of threads that had good, informative discussions going on. It doesn't happen too often but I think often enough to warrant action.

Another issue I have is related to election megathreads. Let's say, for example, you create a megathread for generic ballot polls. You only post in it occasionally while it grows to thousands of replies over the year. Is that your thread? I would argue no. It's the community's thread, and it was created for a community-oriented purpose. You are just a name that must exist as the author. You shouldn't be allowed to just delete it whenever you please. To argue otherwise is an indictment against the very idea of "megathreads" imo. You can't argue that election updates/conversations/polls/etc should be filed under a centralized position, but then argue for total control over that at a whim. One scenario where I do think self-control is appropriate is when you have a thread mostly of your own content. Also, I don't know for sure, but I do think I recall Dave's argument for not allowing users to delete their own accounts was based partly on preserving content.

Anyway, the idea wasn't to prohibit thread deletion, it's merely to make sure there is a good, legitimate reason for wiping large threads. Under this system, if there was a good reason, a user could just ask a moderator to do it for them. So I'm going to run this by Dave.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2018, 10:52:43 PM »

Buuut ... you won't disable the option to delete new threads, will you?
I had to do that quite often after discovering that I had made a mistake in a newly-created poll, which I can't revise.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2018, 10:54:43 PM »

Buuut ... you won't disable the option to delete new threads, will you?
I had to do that quite often after discovering that I had made a mistake in a newly-created poll, which I can't revise.

My default setting on installation will be a cutoff of around 5 pages. So once it goes beyond 5 pages or so, it'll require a moderator to delete it. You could delete your own posts in the thread though, or modify them to zero out content. And for myself personally, I would zero out quotes of people's posts if they asked.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2018, 11:18:01 PM »

I am going to say now that I remember putting serious thought into deleting this thread when it was split off and I became the person with the 1st post, but I ended up deciding against deleting it.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2018, 11:39:09 PM »

Just in case Dave wants another icon added, a poll icon and a prediction icon would be useful. 🤗
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2018, 11:48:34 PM »

Just in case Dave wants another icon added, a poll icon and a prediction icon would be useful. 🤗

Do you have any suggestions? Like actual icons that fit the general theme of this website. I'd really like to replace the "idea" icon too tbh, since it barely even looks like a light bulb lol. I'm not against asking Dave to add more/change existing ones (except the election result icon as that is his own), but I'm not about to go out of my way to considering Dave never added the new mobile icon nor did he add the new Avatars others made (I will get on him about this too).
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2018, 12:03:25 AM »

Do you have any suggestions? Like actual icons that fit the general theme of this website. I'd really like to replace the "idea" icon too tbh, since it barely even looks like a light bulb lol. I'm not against asking Dave to add more/change existing ones (except the election result icon as that is his own), but I'm not about to go out of my way to considering Dave never added the new mobile icon nor did he add the new Avatars others made (I will get on him about this too).

For the poll icon he/you can add the already existing icon, which is used in the prediction section:

As the symbol in the prediction icon you could use a crystal ball, maybe in front of the bar diagram of the poll symbol.

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2018, 12:35:27 AM »

I'll have to find another one for predictions that is more obvious and less detailed (so more like an actual forum icon), but it may just be better to rely on the "Idea" icon. Here are two:

Poll:

New Idea icon:

Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2018, 12:43:09 AM »

I'll have to find another one for predictions that is more obvious and less detailed (so more like an actual forum icon), but it may just be better to rely on the "Idea" icon. Here are two:

Poll:

What about a question mark put in front of or above the poll symbol?

That looks very good and clear. I hope it's not forbidden within the EU... Wink + Tongue
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2018, 07:13:55 AM »

Automatic drafts of posts saved every time we quit the page, or at least a pop-up for "are you sure you want to close this and lose your work?"

For us TL writers, please Tongue
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2018, 02:51:50 PM »

If it hasn't been said already, I would like it if we could hide individual boards without hiding the whole category.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2018, 12:02:43 AM »

Is there a technical reason for a cap on the number of posters you can put on ignore.  Just asking for a friend.  Jk--really just want to see how many posters Calthrina would put on ignore with no cap.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies