HOUSE BILL: Amendment to the Return Education... (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:42:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HOUSE BILL: Amendment to the Return Education... (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HOUSE BILL: Amendment to the Return Education... (Passed)  (Read 2982 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« on: February 28, 2018, 01:13:14 PM »
« edited: February 28, 2018, 01:17:03 PM by President fhtagn »

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to move career courses down to just one grade in high school minimum. While it was argued in the previous thread that some students will be more scholastically oriented, ensuring that they take career courses provides them with valuable skills they need in the real world, no matter what route they take after graduating.

I do agree with expanding science, especially if math is also already covered in grades 1-12.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 09:16:45 PM »

I am curious as to why computer science would be kept separate from "career course".

I can also agree with Yankee's concerns that the more we add to this "amendment", the more this defeats the purpose of the original passed and signed bill.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 12:15:10 AM »

Wouldn't computer science be lumped in with career courses?
At least from what I remember from being in school, all of my computer science courses were categorized the same as other career courses one could potentially take.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 12:24:26 AM »

I'd also like to point out something mentioned in my White House thread, and my understanding of the original bill:

I probably should have asked this when I was still in Congress, but where does the federal government get the authority to dictate the contents of regional curriculums? Or does this merely require the regions to meet these standards in exchange for federal funds?

To my knowledge, it's merely a requirement in exchange for federal funds. The point of the Return Education to the Regions Act was to allow the regions to dictate what all is included in their curriculums, but at the very least we must ensure that there are some minimum requirements to meet to ensure all of our children are receiving a quality education.

While I understand the importance of all these different courses being proposed, it's taking away from the real purpose of the bill, and at the rate this is going, might as well be amended to end the bill we just worked towards passing and signing into law.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies