When did Virginia become a modadmin?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:23:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  When did Virginia become a modadmin?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: When did Virginia become a modadmin?  (Read 2051 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2018, 02:15:16 PM »

It looks like she's listed as a modadmin now, but I think that's recent, and I don't recall any announcement.  Did she sneakily promote herself when she upgraded the forum?  Tongue
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 02:31:24 PM »

Well, there were some other moderation changes, but Dave hasn't made them yet, so no announcement.

The situation was that muon2 asked me if I wanted to be a 3rd Modadmin (because Nym has disappeared even if he may login from time to time - it's been like this for a while now actually), and I said sure and so he sent some requests to Dave like a week ago. However when Dave installed my addon, I asked him to temporarily elevate me to Modadmin (before muon2's request) because I needed to test new features only Modadmins can use, and I didn't want to bug Dave/muon to spend an hour or two testing the features down to the last detail.

Dave presumably hasn't seen muon's email though, so nothing is official.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:49:40 PM »

I would be jealous if I contributed anything close to 1% of Virginia’s work.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 05:35:22 PM »

when?  not soon enough.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 06:13:34 PM »

Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 07:38:23 PM »

Why her and not BRTD?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 09:12:36 PM »

Well, there were some other moderation changes, but Dave hasn't made them yet, so no announcement.

The situation was that muon2 asked me if I wanted to be a 3rd Modadmin (because Nym has disappeared even if he may login from time to time - it's been like this for a while now actually), and I said sure and so he sent some requests to Dave like a week ago. However when Dave installed my addon, I asked him to temporarily elevate me to Modadmin (before muon2's request) because I needed to test new features only Modadmins can use, and I didn't want to bug Dave/muon to spend an hour or two testing the features down to the last detail.

So out of curiosity, is the idea that you'd share in the banning decisions with Muon, or would you stick to something like the role that I had back in the day, where I used my modadmin powers to keep the spammer / sock attacks at bay, but left banning decisions to Nym?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 10:20:45 PM »

So out of curiosity, is the idea that you'd share in the banning decisions with Muon, or would you stick to something like the role that I had back in the day, where I used my modadmin powers to keep the spammer / sock attacks at bay, but left banning decisions to Nym?

I thought I might ban Nym/muon2 and all Moderators who challenge my oppressive rule while also installing puppet Moderators (that Dave approves of) to carry out my orders.

No but really, I hadn't thought about it. I've been using up a lot of my forum time trying to iron out bugs / making adjustments to my project. I guess dealing with socks/spammers, and dealing with other temporary decisions. So long as muon2 is actually here to deal with stuff, we have a system we can follow. It wouldn't be right to have muon2 doing one thing and me another, because then ban decisions would begin to resemble judge-shopping Tongue

One thing I do intend to be active on is making sure Reaganfan and Greedo-like users don't park their butts in town hall/debate/"breaking news"/election night threads and begin turning it into a steaming pile of dung with the only content being people arguing with them. I won't have a problem with issuing 24 hour mod reviews if they can't respect other user's wishes to have a thread that they can actually enjoy.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 10:26:34 PM »

I thought I might ban Nym/muon2 and all Moderators who challenge my oppressive rule while also installing puppet Moderators (that Dave approves of) to carry out my orders.

No but really, I hadn't thought about it. I've been using up a lot of my forum time trying to iron out bugs / making adjustments to my project. I guess dealing with socks/spammers, and dealing with other temporary decisions. So long as muon2 is actually here to deal with stuff, we have a system we can follow. It wouldn't be right to have muon2 doing one thing and me another, because then ban decisions would begin to resemble judge-shopping Tongue

One thing I do intend to be active on is making sure Reaganfan and Greedo-like users don't park their butts in town hall/debate/"breaking news"/election night threads and begin turning it into a steaming pile of dung with the only content being people arguing with them. I won't have a problem with issuing 24 hour mod reviews if they can't respect other user's wishes to have a thread that they can actually enjoy.
Long live the matriarchy!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 11:10:04 PM »

See, if you were smart, you would have used the upgrade to sneak in a feature that allows you to install your own mods at will.  That way, you wouldn't need Dave to approve anything.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 06:44:11 AM »

I don't know which part of this question is worse.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 09:21:54 AM »

I don't know which part of this question is worse.

No offense to Virginia, but the latter part by far.  Tongue
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 09:58:40 AM »

I actually support BRTD for mod.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2018, 05:09:55 PM »

I really want to be a mod!  But everywhere I ask I always get turned down Sad
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2018, 05:14:52 PM »

I really want to be a mod!  But everywhere I ask I always get turned down Sad
Your first problem is asking. I mean, if you're not doing backroom deals, you're doing it wrong.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 05:22:59 PM »

Do you have the full ability to perma-ban posters?  
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 05:59:01 PM »

I really want to be a mod!  But everywhere I ask I always get turned down Sad

Hey, I did support that. There just were no openings.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 06:23:23 PM »

I remember when Bushie's appointment as a moderator was criticized because he was too close to Jamespol:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=62495.0

Tongue
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 08:04:29 PM »

Jimmie why do you keep asking in public? Don't you remember when I said if you keep doing that, it would be frowned upon heavily? Dave has basically said he'd like to avoid users who seem to want to be a moderator badly.

Do you have the full ability to perma-ban posters?  

Technically yes
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2018, 12:50:10 AM »

I wonder what Eharding must be thinking about this now....

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=248010.msg5551503#msg5551503
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 06:18:38 AM »

I'm gonna lol when we all find out Virginia is actually Hamilton after both Atlas and AAD get completely wiped
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2018, 06:21:25 AM »

He's struggling

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2018, 12:39:10 PM »

*snip*

This is change I can believe in!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2018, 01:39:44 PM »

Tyranny.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2018, 03:20:40 AM »

I just hope Virginia doesn't become overworked and become burnt out from the forum. She spends all this time making high quality and lengthy posts, moding a few boards as, and presumably is into something outside of politics.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies