Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2019, 01:07:06 am
News: 2019 Gubernatorial Predictions are now active

Atlas Forum
  About this Site
  The Atlas
  Moderating Policies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: Moderating Policies  (Read 25773 times)
Both Sides™
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: May 01, 2019, 12:28:25 pm »

The funny thing about the moderation is that any of the mods can delete any given pending post, even perfectly acceptable ones, and there is no record of who did this. I think it would be only fair that there's to be a record of who accepted a post (visible publicly) or deleted a pending one (visible to the mods only).

Also, I remember when Al, while still a mod, accumulated enough "death points" to put him on mod review, so he kept on approving his own posts.

Yes, the system isn't perfect Tongue 
Russian Bear
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2019, 03:10:40 pm »

I've got "Post moderation", but how does it work? I have a couple of posts (totally "innocent" I'd say), but they didn't come through the "Post moderation". Didn't those posts really pass "quality control"? Or have they got somehow lost in the system? For example I wrote a week ago something about "Biden is not Jeb" (in thread about Biden I believe) and compared they polls number and favorability.

Moderated posts can be approved by any moderator, and if they are approved they will post to the board you intended. Any mod may also choose to delete the post.

In your case there have been some posts that can't be approved due to a bug in the Forum software. The bug is being addressed. However, those posts are likely lost to future approval. Feel free to try those again.

OK, thanks!

Any mod may also choose to delete the post.

In that case will the post appear in "Moderated Posts" or will it be totally invisible/lost so to speak?
Both Sides™
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2019, 03:11:42 pm »

Ftr, I've approved all of your recent posts except of the bad case of whataboutism in the Barr thread.
Russian Bear
« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2019, 05:05:24 pm »

Ftr, I've approved all of your recent posts except of the bad case of whataboutism in the Barr thread.

OK, so apparently these disapproved posts get lost/invisible for me. Too bad, cause I can't know if they were lost due the bug or due the moderation. It'd be more logical if they appeared in the "Moderated Posts" section...

Earlier today I wrote a post whining about media's reporting of Biden-Ukraine connection. Was it moderated away as well?

By the way, the Barr post you deleted was a good one! WITCH HUNT!
Both Sides™
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2019, 05:06:31 pm »

OK, so apparently these disapproved posts get lost/invisible for me. Too bad, cause I can't know if they were lost due the bug or due the moderation. It'd be more logical if they appeared in the "Moderated Posts" section...

The difference is that said posts weren't infracted after being posted, just not approved due to your post review, so it doesn't count to your record.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies