Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2019, 06:53:26 am
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

Atlas Forum
  About this Site
  The Atlas
  Moderating Policies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Moderating Policies  (Read 25578 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2018, 03:05:35 am »

An ad hominem triple loop circular reasoning combo backtrack spin is certainly worthy of a medal.🏅
afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2018, 06:31:58 am »

Sure, I'll pretend you said something different than what you said, since it would still be wrong anyway. No problemo.

Again, I don't care whether or not you actually go to cocktail parties. And again, my point  (which you've ignored in favor of pretending that I care about what kind of parties you do or don't go to) is that The Bell Curve is useless pop sociology for useless, vapid people who want to believe that they're ubermenschen.

So to recap: your point is that people who think The Bell Curve is worth anything are a certain type of people. But it doesn't matter that I'm not the sort of person you said I was. Somehow you are still correct because reasons.

No, you've made it clear that you're a useless, vapid person.

cite?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=2516

Wink
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2018, 11:54:54 am »
« Edited: March 08, 2018, 01:18:04 pm by Fuzzybigfoot »

Are his posts not obvious trolling?  If they are, shouldn't he be banned?  How is this a hard decision? 
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2018, 04:49:05 pm »

Obvious trolling isn't a bannable offense anymore.  This is not a good thing.
Lean Branson
Doctor Imperialism
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2018, 04:54:42 pm »

Obvious trolling isn't a bannable offense anymore.  This is not a good thing.

muon is much more interested in county chops than he is in actually moderating.
AtorBoltox
YaBB God
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2018, 07:44:50 pm »

Are his posts not obvious trolling?  If they are, shouldn't he be banned?  How is this a hard decision? 
Either he is trolling or seriously believes this hateful drivel. Whatever the truth is, it should result in a ban
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2018, 09:12:10 pm »

Sure, I'll pretend you said something different than what you said, since it would still be wrong anyway. No problemo.

Again, I don't care whether or not you actually go to cocktail parties. And again, my point  (which you've ignored in favor of pretending that I care about what kind of parties you do or don't go to) is that The Bell Curve is useless pop sociology for useless, vapid people who want to believe that they're ubermenschen.

So to recap: your point is that people who think The Bell Curve is worth anything are a certain type of people. But it doesn't matter that I'm not the sort of person you said I was. Somehow you are still correct because reasons.

cite?

Wink

tl;dr
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2018, 09:37:13 pm »

How is being anti-troll an ideology?  
afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2018, 07:02:35 am »

cite?

Wink

tl;dr

Sound advice.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2018, 09:34:28 pm »
« Edited: March 18, 2018, 03:57:30 pm by Fuzzybigfoot »

It seems like someone who has posted 300 imaged of this should be banned for spamming the Election Map Gallery should face severe consequences for spamming the Election Map gallery with hundreds of items which have nothing to do with election maps.  But I suppose that would be a little bit inconstant, as no one here has really cared that much about the upkeep of the election gallery in the first place, or even taken the steps to make sure that people who blatantly post hateful remarks or intentional trolling on the forum itself are sanctioned. But I guess the loss of academic material pales in comparison to getting a consensus from people who enjoy the decorum of personal insults and senseless drivel.  

You disappoint me.  Goodbye.  
Lean Branson
Doctor Imperialism
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2018, 09:37:44 pm »

Sorry to see you leave. Muon is utterly useless as a modadmin and needs to go.
Arch
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2018, 09:39:55 pm »

Sad
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2018, 09:49:40 pm »

If you think you deserve to be banned for this, could you maybe fix it?

Most people do not interact with the election maps gallery itself very much, because there's never been a real good organization to it, it's just whatever people post there.  Where people see these is mostly in the threads.
Fmr. Pres. Griff
Adam Griffin
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Greece

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2018, 02:18:10 am »

Please don't go!
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

P P

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2018, 08:00:41 am »

Is shua genuinely this dumb? Because I don't get the purpose of his cocktail party trolling.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2018, 07:21:54 pm »
« Edited: March 10, 2018, 07:27:30 pm by shua »

Is shua genuinely this dumb? Because I don't get the purpose of his cocktail party trolling.

Right, someone makes an ad hominem argument about a book they show no evidence of having ever opened based on a stupid assumption about what kind of person I am and I'm the one trolling for pushing back against it in a light-hearted manner. Roll Eyes
#TheShadowyAbyss
LibertarianRepublican
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2018, 09:33:39 pm »

The whole mod team needs to be thrown out tbh, they don't do anything rationally and allow threats and trolling to continue.
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2018, 09:45:33 pm »

Noooooooooooo Sad

I hope you comeback some time
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2018, 11:12:47 pm »
« Edited: March 10, 2018, 11:24:10 pm by Fuzzybigfoot »

I know that the moderators have their reasons for not just outright banning people, but this is just ridiculous.  We have people who are are temporary banned for a few months or weeks, then simply come back to troll again.  How many times does this have to happen for you to take action?  We have posters who have been keeping this up for years.  Condoning racial gerrymandering, name calling the victims of mass shootings, xenophobia, people drawing favorable contrast to white nationalism... 

I honestly don't get it, why do you continue to show these posters mercy?  Did it ever occur to you that these things demoralize the vast majority of people who post here?  Are you afraid of taking further action because you only promised to "ban this person for a week" and you think that going back on that would be double jeopardy?  The Atlas Forum is a private institution that was dedicated to the civil discussion of politics, not a court of law.  We have literally no moral or legal reason to keep these posters around.  These are posters who exploit your doubts in order to habitually damage this community, then use their time to brag about how literally everyone hates them. 

Muon2, I have completely no confidence whatsoever that you have the best interests of the forum in mind, and request that you formally relinquish your privileges as ModAdmin.  Dave, these are people who pay you their hard earned cash to look at your maps.  The day that one of your mods went off the deep end and gave his modship away to some random poster was the day I stopped trusting this site to handle my credit card information.  Even veteran posters have gone out of their way to make "spin-offs" of this site simply because they have lost faith that this forum can hold individuals accountable.

How much more of this do we have to put up with?  The blatant lack of sensitivity is inexcusable, and I'm not the only one who's exhausted to watch an otherwise academic institute be desecrated by such a small percentage of posters.  I take no pleasure in having to boycott a forum which I've been an active member for almost a decade, but these issues deserve to be addressed. 
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2018, 11:30:55 pm »

Can I please get a headcount of people who feel the same way? 
Not_A_Man
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2018, 11:34:04 pm »

Can I please get a headcount of people who feel the same way? 

Me.  I just made my feelings stated.
VirginiŠ
Virginia C
Modadmin
YaBB God
Ukraine

P P
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2018, 12:09:28 am »

What exactly are you asking for? Seriously, I don't quite understand. Are you asking for Reaganfan to be banned, or are you asking for a specific kind of poster to be prohibited, or is it like, a certain topic? Please articulate your concerns in as much detail as possible.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2018, 12:19:28 am »

What exactly are you asking for? Seriously, I don't quite understand. Are you asking for Reaganfan to be banned, or are you asking for a specific kind of poster to be prohibited, or is it like, a certain topic? Please articulate your concerns in as much detail as possible.

Reganfan/Krazen/Limoliberal etc etc 

Unbeatable Titan John James
jdb
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2018, 12:23:35 am »

Reganfan/Krazen/Limoliberal etc etc 

Limoliberal has been quarantined so thatís one problem solved.
wxtransit
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

P P
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2018, 12:26:13 am »

So, instead of trying to get better posters to come here and try and fix the problem, according to your bio, you'd rather just scare them away? That'll fix the problem for sure.

No, it just makes it worse and contributes to the problem.

Edit: Also, I'm confused. Did you post the 300 pictures to see if the mods would notice, or what?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies