Post-Obama - A Different 2012 (Rules, Sign-up, and OOC thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:26:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Post-Obama - A Different 2012 (Rules, Sign-up, and OOC thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48
Author Topic: Post-Obama - A Different 2012 (Rules, Sign-up, and OOC thread)  (Read 75721 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 03:40:17 PM »

Coming in a few. just need to write a good update for GORT and write up a new turn for my election game
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2018, 03:52:31 PM »

We'll need a few more Republicans and Democrats before we start, but I hope to begin Turn One by Friday. I'm currently debating whether to have 72-hour turns (better to move the game along) or one-week turns (better for my work week schedule so that I only have to update on the weekends). Do any of you have a preference?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2018, 03:54:43 PM »

We'll need a few more Republicans and Democrats before we start, but I hope to begin Turn One by Friday. I'm currently debating whether to have 72-hour turns (better to move the game along) or one-week turns (better for my work week schedule so that I only have to update on the weekends). Do any of you have a preference?

72 hours. helps keep the game active.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 03:55:33 PM »

I will run as Former Senator Russ Feingold.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 03:56:55 PM »

I will run as Former Senator Russ Feingold.

Welcome!
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2018, 04:05:14 PM »

I agree and my speech is coming soon
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 04:07:36 PM »

I agree and my speech is coming soon

Alright, do keep in mind it may take me an extra day or two to get the turns up throughout the week.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2018, 04:25:26 PM »

I'd prefer weekly, also, She was listed as Senator on the front page, I'll change accordingly.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2018, 04:51:08 PM »

DONALD TRUMP ANNOUNCEMENT SPEECH

“Good evening! I’m here today to make a huge announcement. I am seeking the republican nomination for president in 2012!
*crowd cheers*
Thank you! Thank you! For the past four years, President Obama has been an absolute failure. He has not gotten us out of Iraq! He has made the worst healthcare plan I’ve ever seen. He’s been weak on the national stage. I warned about him four years ago. It’s no wonder why he’s not running again!
*crowd cheers*
Thank you! The Republican Candidates are some horrible candidates right now. I’m running to bring Dignity back to America. Why would someone want to elect another democrat? We have to elect someone who will bring dignity back. Someone who will stand up to North Korea, to Russia, To China, all of our enemies. We need a leader who can make good deals. I can make good deals. We need a leader with a backbone. We need another conservative leading this country! We will Make America Strong Again! We will make America Wealthy again! We will Make America Brave Again! And we will Make America Great Again! God bless you all”
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2018, 06:35:08 PM »

Wx, are you really letting NOTTYLER ruin your game as well?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2018, 06:37:19 PM »

Trump isn't going to win, so he probably he will only play a few rounds
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2018, 06:38:30 PM »

Trump isn't going to win, so he probably he will only play a few rounds

Then whine and complain when we tell him he can't play as Marylin Manson or someone like that
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2018, 07:05:42 PM »

When does this game start? I'll likely join it, I'm just not sure who I'll play with yet.

I already have the Libertarian character. If you are gonna be Ron Paul.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2018, 07:20:24 PM »

I know I'm already signed up in the 2000 game, but since I'm not sure Terp is continuing with that one...

I'll play as either Kirsten Gillibrand or Andrew Cuomo...depending on which you prefer, though I have a personal preference to play as Gillibrand.
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2018, 07:24:59 PM »

Trump won’t win? You can’t rig the game against me
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2018, 07:28:39 PM »

I am not the moderator so I am not rigging it but I think you will lose since 2012 was not an anti-establishment year like 2016 was
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2018, 07:29:38 PM »

I am not the moderator so I am not rigging it but I think you will lose since 2012 was not an anti-establishment year like 2016 was
Then why would Adam Carolla have a chance?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2018, 07:33:06 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2018, 07:37:11 PM by NewYorkExpress »

I know I'm already signed up in the 2000 game, but since I'm not sure Terp is continuing with that one...

I'll play as either Kirsten Gillibrand or Andrew Cuomo...depending on which you prefer, though I have a personal preference to play as Gillibrand.

Actually, now that I think about it, neither Gillibrand or Cuomo work... can I have Vice President Biden instead?

I accidentally thought it was 2016 for some reason.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2018, 07:36:53 PM »

Michele Bachmann's Campaign Launch
Waterloo, Iowa

"Thank you, Iowa, thank you! We won both the Senate and the house because of the Tea-Party movement and the only way we will win the white house this year. That is why I am running for president of the United States because I am the only true Tea-Party conservative ready to run for president.

As president I am going cut taxes, shrink the government and cut the job-killing regulations put in place by President Obama. In the end, I am going grow business with my pro-business agenda. This will not only help Iowa but it will help people across this country who lost their job during the economic recision and people who are graduating high school and college looking for their first job.

Let's win the Iowa primary and then Let's win the White House."
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2018, 07:42:40 PM »

Actually, now that I think about it, neither Gillibrand or Cuomo work... can I have Vice President Biden instead?

Yeah leave New York for me Tongue
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2018, 07:46:02 PM »

That's not why. Gillibrand would only have been a Senator for about three years and would be running for a full term in 2012, and Cuomo would only have been Governor for a year...so neither work for me.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2018, 07:47:33 PM »

That's not why. Gillibrand would only have been a Senator for about three years and would be running for a full term in 2012, and Cuomo would only have been Governor for a year...so neither work for me.

I was joking Tongue  I know Gillibrand wouldn't work, but Cuomo could try to run as a Centrist and on his last name.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2018, 07:51:33 PM »

I was joking Tongue  I know Gillibrand wouldn't work, but Cuomo could try to run as a Centrist and on his last name.

That would be like Hillary Clinton running in 2000.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2018, 07:52:19 PM »

That would be like Hillary Clinton running in 2000.

Try Tongue
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2018, 09:31:20 PM »

As stated before, I have reserved the right to suspend his candidate. He has currently done nothing in this game to warrant me barring him from participating, but as stated before, I can and will if he isn't civil.

Granted as Biden, welcome!

When does this game start? I'll likely join it, I'm just not sure who I'll play with yet.

We'll start once we have a sustainable field in both primaries (about 2 more Reps and Dems, shouldn't be hard to find), so likely before Saturday (I'm aiming for tomorrow). If you need any suggestions, we need at least one more high-profile Republican to join (cough cough a Romney or Christie type). Wink

I already have the Libertarian character. If you are gonna be Ron Paul.

There can be more than one Libertarian. Wink

Is this directed to me?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies