Post-Obama - A Different 2012 (Gameplay)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 10:35:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Post-Obama - A Different 2012 (Gameplay)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Author Topic: Post-Obama - A Different 2012 (Gameplay)  (Read 36355 times)
terp40hitch
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2018, 04:45:35 PM »
« edited: May 18, 2018, 08:15:35 PM by terp40hitch »

Democratic Debate
Boston, MA on March 5th

You must be logged in to read this quote.

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2018, 05:17:47 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2018, 03:04:06 PM by terp40hitch »

Michele Bachmann's Campaign Schedule For March 4th to 6th

March 4th: Minnesota and North Dakota

March 4th
Our campaign is blazing a path for future generations of conservative to follow and with that, we are making a change, you are making a change. North Dakota allow me to continue to blaze a path by going out and voting for conservative values on Super Tuesday. That is what both Washington and Minnesota did yesterday and now it is your turn to prove that you want your future to be conservative!

St. Cloud, MN: Thanking and Giving a Pep-Talk to Volunteers

St. Cloud, MN: Plan with top staff the campaigns super Tuesday GOTV Effort

Fargo, ND: Rally with Michele and Cyrus Bachmann, Rep. Kristi Noem, Sen. John Thune and former Gov. Tim Pawlenty

Valley City, ND: Townhall with Michele and Cyrus Bachmann

Jamestown, ND: Townhall with Bachmann and Sen. John Thune

Ellendale, ND: Rally with Bachmann, Rep. Kristi Noem, and Sen. John Thune

Linton, ND: Meet and Greet with Voters

Bismark, ND: Meet and Greet with Voters

March 5th: Idaho, Wyoming and Ohio

March 5th
Millions of Americans are out of jobs because of disastrous policies by the Obama administration and those millions of Americans need change. I will bring that change through conservative policies to cut red tape and help the suffering business across this great nation. Tomorrow when you are standing in the voting booth vote Michele Bachmann so next January we can restore a real leader in the white house so we can have real change and real solutions, unlike the eight years.

Coeur d'Alene, ID: Meet and Greet with Voters

Coeur d'Alene, ID: Townhall with Bachmann

Lewiston, ID: Rally with Bachmann and Condoleeza Rice

Twin Falls, ID: Rally with Bachmann and Condoleeza Rice

Idaho Falls, ID: Townhall with Michele and Cyrus Bachmann

Cheyenne, WY: Endorsement at Wyoming Republican Party Headquarters with Bachmann, Condoleeza Rice, and Rep. Duncan Hunter

Laramie, WY: Rally with Bachmann and Rep. Duncan Hunter

Lancaster, OH: Meet and Greet with Voters

Zanesville, OH: Townhall with Michele and Cyrus Bachmann

Newark, OH: Meet and Greet with Voters

Columbus, OH: Debate with Bachmann, Huckabee, DeMint, and Giuliani

Columbus, OH: Debate After-Party with Bachmann and Carly Fiorina

March 6th: Alaska and Wyoming

March 6th
Alaska, you have a choice today. The choice is whether to choose a true conservative that will fight for the working class of Alaska and the working class families around this country or an establishment made candidate who will fight for the values of the Washington establishment. We had enough of Washington and the white house being run by big government establishment politicians that put their needs in front of their constituents. That is why I need your vote so I can go to the White House and fight for the working class of this great country and fight for the soldiers overseas fighting for our freedoms, those are the types of people I will put first as your president!

Juneau, AK: Get Out the Vote Rally with Michele and Cyrus Bachmann, Rep. Duncan Hunter, Rep. Steve King and Condoleeza Rice

Hyder, AK: Speech at Caucus Location

Ketchikan, AK: Bussiness Roundtable with Michele and Cyrus Bachmann

Sitka, AK: Meet and Greet Voters at Local Bussiness

Jackson, WY: Speech at Caucus Location

Afton, WY: Speech at Caucus Location

Pinedale, WY: Speech at Caucus Location

Powell, WY: Election Night Rally with Bachmann and Rep. Duncan Hunter

Campaign Goals

• Recruit Percent Captains for the Alaska, Idaho, North Dakota and Wyoming Caucus
  • Win over support of African-Americans in Virginia, Tennesee, Georgia, and Ohio with endorsements from Rep. Allen West and Condoleeza Rice
  • Win over support of Latinos in Virginia, Tennesee, and Ohio with the endorsement from Gov. Luis Fortuno
  • Win over support of veterans with a focus on defense spending and the endorsement of Rep. Duncan Hunter
  • win over the support of coal miners in Ohio and Virginia with the endorsement from the national coal mining union
  • Focus on national security, cutting taxes and protecting the contstion
  • Reach out to weak Tea Party Voters from the Huckabee and DeMint Campaigns
  • Reach out to working-class voters in Ohio
  • win over support from Alaska with focus on allowing drilling in Alaska
  • Attack Giuliani and Bloomberg as part of the estblishment
  • Attack Giuliani on flip-flopping
  • Attack Bloomberg and Carolla on wanting to cut defense spending
  • Expand Campaigns in Wyoming, Idaho, North Dakota, Virginia, Vermont, Tennesee, Georgia, Wisconsin, South Dakota and Illinios
  • Meet with Delegates from Minnesota, Washington, Missouri, and Michigan to continue to prepare for a brokered convention
  • Win over undecided Tea Party Voters with endorsements from the Tea Party Express, Rep. Kristi Noem, Rep. Duncan Hunter, Rep. Steve King and Gov. Phil Bryant
  • Launch GOTV Effort in Super Tuesday States
  • Contitue Vetting of Vice-Presidential Choices
  • Call and Text Voters to Get Them Out to The Polls

Surrogate Schedule

• Cyrus Bachmann: North Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Alaska and Ohio
  • Rep. Steve King: North Dakota and Alaska
  • Rep. Tom Latham:Wyoming and Idaho
  • Sen. Chuck Grassley: Idaho and Ohio
  • Rep. Allen West:Tennesee and Ohio
  • Former Gov. Tim Pawlenty: North Dakota and Virginia
  • Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Tennesee and Virginia
  • Gov. Phil Bryant: Tennesee, Virginia and Ohio
  • Gov. Luis Fortuno:Virginia, Vermont and Ohio
  • Sen. John Thune: North Dakota, Wyoming and Virginia
  • Rep. Kristi Noem: North Dakota, Wyoming and Idaho
  • Condoleezza Rice: Wyoming, Idaho and Alaska
  • Carly Fiorina: Ohio, Alaska and Vermont
  • Rep. Duncan Hunter: Wyoming, Idaho and Alaska

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2018, 05:26:46 PM »

Republican Presidential Debate-From Ohio State University

Good Evening, I'm Chris Wallace, and welcome to tonight's Presidential Debate. Let's go over the the rules of the debate. Candidates will have the opportunity to both answer questions from me and respond to each other. If there are no questions, we can begin.

To Huckabee: Would you support negotiating with Iran about their nuclear program?

To Huckabee:Many analysts on the Republican side are predicting a brokered convention. What would your advantages be in such a scenario?

To Huckabee: What, if anything, about the Transportation Security Administration could be improved?

To Huckabee: Are you reconsidering your dislike of going negative to win campaigns?

To DeMint and Bachmann: If another candidate on this stage offered you the position of Vice-President, would you accept?

To DeMint: Who do you believe is America's biggest geopolitical threat?

To DeMint: Do you feel you are more representative of the Tea Party than Representative Bachmann?

To Bachmann: Do you believe you are more representative of the Tea Party than Senator DeMint?

To Bachmann: You and your husband own a clinic believed to operate in gay conversion therapy. So, do you believe in gay conversion therapy, and do you believe such therapy works?

To Giuliani As the only moderate in the campaign, how do you plan on convincing conservatives to vote for you?

To Giuliani: Do you support keeping Guantanamo Bay open?

To Giuliani: After neglecting Washington, and losing the caucuses there, can you reassure other states and their voters that you won't ignore their needs as President?

To All: Do you support the "enhanced interrogation techniques" used by the Bush Administration?

To All: Would you be willing to negotiate with North Korea to give up their nuclear weapons?

To all: Who are you looking at in a Secretary of State or a Secretary of Defense?
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2018, 05:59:07 PM »

Carolla declares himself a Progessive Libertarian in PBS Newshour interview
CNN.com
Libertarian Presidental candidate Adam Carolla in a new interview on PBS Newshour called his idea as the Libertarian candidacy race heats up as a “Socially Liberal and financially conservative” He called out the GOP for lying about being for smaller government and free enterprise yet still spend like crazy like the Democrats such as on the endless wars and “wasteful milltary spending” Carolla also called out the Democrats for pandering to the crowds of minority voters and LGBT voters” “Carolla criticized the two democratic candidates for their flip flops in social progessive issues and issues on Foreign Policy.

Carolla  concur that he is the best choice for moderate and progessive and independent voters this election.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #329 on: May 12, 2018, 06:35:46 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2018, 08:59:52 PM by Not Senator Not Madigan »

Libertarian Party Debate on CNN - Denver, Colorado - March 6th, 2012

Good Evening Everyone, and Welcome to the Libertarian Presidential Debate hosted by CNN in Denver, Colorado.  Now, before we begin allow me to state the rules of the Debate:  Each of the Three Candidates will be given 3 Questions, as well as a Personal Question for each of them.  The Candidates may also respond to eachother if they wish.  With the rules stated, let us begin.

General Questions

1:  Over the past decades, Free Trade has become an increasingly contested issue.  What is your position on Free Trade, and what should the United States aim for in it's Trade Deals?

2:  To what degree would you propose undoing the Welfare State to allow for lower taxes on the American People?  Which programs would you propose eliminating?

3:  This year appears to be a year of great potential for the Libertarian Party.  Would you try and moderate the Libertarian Party in an attempt to appeal to more voters? Or would you keep the Libertarian Party to it's principles of minimal Government and Freedom?

Personal Questions

To Carolla:  You recently dropped out of the Republican primaries in order to run for the Libertarian Nomination, why should the Libertarian Party and it's Members trust you?

To Jillette:  As you recently just announced your campaign, I ask why are you running for the Libertarian Nomination?  What makes you the best person to lead the Party into this Presidential Election?

To Ventura:  Same question as Jillette, why are you running for President and the Libertarian Nomination?  Why are you the best person to lead the Libertarian Party in this Election?
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #330 on: May 12, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »

Carolla debate answers

1.Well Anderson here is the deal these so called free trade agreements are by definition not free trade. NAFTA and CAFTA are just big gifts to foreign companies and businesses.  Under these deals Amercian people have lost their jobs and business, Amercia has become the last place anyone will go to work and we still have to raise tarrifs on goods just to repay them.  As President I will make sure that everyone can trade freely without any restrictions and I would completely eliminate all existing tariffs and cut our corporate tax rate by to 10-5% so what Amercia becomes the best place in the world to do business.

2.Well we would need to reform those programs. I don’t want in anyway want to cut these programs what I want to do is fix them and make sure we have a way to form a market in these groups. As a matter of fact the healthcare President Obama has proposed would of cut Medicare by 500$ billon dollars that’s insane!  So no I don’t want to cut these programs I just want to make sure they work better and that fewer people would start scamming off these programs.

3.The Libertarian Party has been progessive since it was formed in 1972. We supported gay rights,legalization of drugs and smaller government before it was the two major parties started to do. 

Bressden and Biden can brag about their support of gay rights like they supported them 20 years ago whille the Republicans can act like they are for smaller government and haven’t raised taxes once but in the end we all know it’s false.

4.For almost a year now when I was running for the Republican Party ticket I have preached the same message of small government progess and individual liberty.  And now I finally have the chance to spread this message on a big stage.  It’s simple after these 4 years I feel like Amercia doesn’t need another lying politician or a currpot businessmen to spread the same lies and hope. I think it’s time for a chance.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #331 on: May 12, 2018, 07:11:18 PM »

Bachmann's Debate Answers

Bachmann- I am predicting I will win the presidential nomination then win the presidency in November because we are running the grassroots conservative campaign but if I do lose I would accept the position of vice-president. I would do this because I believe God has a path for all of us and if God would want me to serve my country in the vice-presidential position rather than the presidential position then I would gladly accept and serve my country to the best of my ability.

Bachmann-I will not attack my friend, Senator Jim DeMint, who I have passed many bills with in Congress but the reason I am running for president is that I believe that I am the true Tea Party conservative candidate in this race who will represent the Tea Party and conservative in the White House as I have done in Congress for the last six years. That is why Tea-Party Republicans have united around my campaign and that is why just last month I was endorsed by the Tea Party Express.

When I go to the White House next January I will serve as a Tea Party Republican who will cut taxes, cut government spending, balance our budget, protect our constitution and keep our defense strong. I promise you that and as my congressional district in Minnesota knows, I don't break my promises. When I ran for Congress I said I would fight for Minnesota and conservatives values and that is what I have done time and again and that is what I will do when I serve this nation as president of the United States of America!

Bachmann-I have repeatedly denied this claim that my clinic my husband and I own operates gay conversion therapy. My clinic is a therapy clinic is suppose to be for helping people who are suffering but to smear me they have decided to make it look like it is some torture clinic.

I am sad to see Fox News of all media organizations shrink to this level, Fox News is meant to be Fair and Balanced and focus on the issues, not on a conspiracy theory that I have repeatedly denied and a theory that has no evidence to support it. The American people who are suffering want to hear about the issues facing them so when they go and primary vote and go vote in November they can make an informed decision regarding who they want for president of the United States of America. If you start asking questions about real issues then I will tell you and I will tell the American people my plan but I will not waste my time debating a conspiracy theory that I have time and again told the media are false. Let's focus on the issues facing the American people!

Bachmann-Thousands of people were incidentally taken from this earth by radical Islamic terrorist on 9/11. We need to combat the spread of terrorism, keep our nation safe and never again allow what happened on 9/11 to ever happen again and that is why I will always support using enhanced interrogation techniques used under the Bush administration so we can have as much information as we can to combat the spread of terrorism.

When Democrats attack the Republican party for supporting enhanced interrogation techniques, they are basically saying the Republican party to harsh on terrorist. We cannot be too harsh on terrorist! This why Rep. Duncan Hunter, the only veteran who fought in the Iraq and Afghanistan war against terrorism, endorsed me just today. It is because I will be the toughest candidate against terrorism and it is because I will give the men and women overseas who are fighting to protect our homeland all the resources they need to fight terrorism in the middle east!

Bachmann- The main reason the Bush administration originally put economic sanctions on North Korea was that they wanted to start negotiations with North Korea about their nuclear weapons. I will be willing to negotiate ending the North Korean nuclear weapons program but it will be heavily moderated so we make sure they end all of their nuclear programs. This will be the only way we truly know that we are keeping America safe from potential nuclear missiles from North Korea.

Also, before any economic sanctions are lifted we will make sure that North Korean civilians will be treated better and that people will not die of starvation. The North Korean government must also be willing to put an end to the Korean war that has dragged on for over fifty years.

Bachmann- I would like to start off by saying that Hillary Clinton has been a miserable failure as Sectary of State. She believes the best way to deal with one of our most powerful enemies is by giving them a goofy reset button. She believes that our best solution to stopping the spread of terrorism is by stopping enhanced interrogation techniques on terrorist. Hillary Clinton failed as our sectary of state and I will never choose such an irresponsible choice as President Obama did when he chose Clinton. My secretary of state will actually be qualified for the job and will have delt will foreign leaders before.

My secretary of defense will be somebody who is familiar with our military and the structure of our military. Robert Gates was also another terrible pick by the Obama administration, somebody whose last job in the military was before the war on terror began. Gates did not know how to fight the war of terrorism, my secretary of defense will know because they will have worked with the military or with the defense department during the war on terror so they know how to fight it.
RC
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -6.09

P P P

« Reply #332 on: May 12, 2018, 07:55:05 PM »

STATEMENT FROM THE OFFICE OF FMR. GOVERNOR JEB BUSH

My fellow Americans,

It has been a while since I have left the Presidential Campaign Trail. It was a great experience and I was humbled and honored to run for the highest office in the land. However, at the time I dropped out, I determined I was not ready for the office. I believe I suit the needs of the people of Florida better than I do the whole country. Maybe someday, that will change, for now, though, I will stay in Florida politics. There is a very important Senate election being held in our state, we have a Democratic Senator who hasn't been working for the American people, instead working for the money of big businesses. As a public servant, I don't believe I can continue letting Senator Nelson let the people of Florida down. Today, I am launching my bid for the United States Senate. It's time to bring change to the legislative chamber to benefit the people.

Now, one thing I should note when it comes to the Presidential race, I've been studying what my former opponents have been campaigning for, and I honestly can't see the Republican Party's policies of the golden era. The era that President Reagan and my father lead under. I personally fear that the Party is moving away from what the American people really need, instead opting to support whoever is the most conservative, or the most radical. They are not taking note of who would be the most capable of change, and effective change at that. That's why today I'm turning to another source. Michael Bloomberg is a man of integrity. A man that has lead one of the biggest cities in the world through innovations and hardships. He is a man who knows how to lead and unite, and I am proud to endorse him for the office of President of the United States.

Thank you for all your support, God bless America, and I hope to meet you all on the campaign trail.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2018, 08:36:47 PM »

Michele Bachmann's Press Confrence On Jeb Bush's Endorsment of Bloomberg

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2018, 09:28:55 PM »

Biden Debate answers

1. I believe like most other members of my party, that abortion should be safe, legal, and rare. The fact is, if we do what a Huckabee, DeMint or Bachmann wants to do and ban abortion, women will be seeking unsafe back-alley abortions in their efforts to get around a ban. We shouldn't do that to them. As President, I will be appointing justices to the Supreme Court that will uphold Roe v. Wade, such as Merrick Garland, Sonia Sotomayor, Kamala Harris, Andrew Cuomo or Elizabeth Warren.

2. Yes, I will. It's a damn shame that our citizens are discriminated against because who they love, and as President I will fight against that, to my last breath if necessary.

3. I will pull our troops out of Iraq and refocus our efforts on bringing Osama Bin Laden to justice. If it means more troops in Afghanistan, so be it. If it means doing more than that, so be it.

4. Yes, I believe in climate change, and I believe it is the Government's place to do everything it can to prevent it. You know, if I were looking at Governor Bredesen's positions on the trail so far, I'd wager he doesn't believe in climate change, and if he did, he certainly doesn't believe in the government doing anything about it...

5. I certainly have a few people in mind, but one person who really impressed me with her campaign chops was the First Lady. I think she'd be a wonderful Vice President, and I believe she'd be a great defender of my policies on Capitol Hill, should she accept the position...but I'm not ready to make any offers yet.

6. I'm not sure yet. Since Obama dropped out, I've lost the one candidate I would've endorsed no matter what, and I'm far less comfortable endorsing Bredesen, but at the same time, I'm uncomfortable endorsing Bloomberg, and you'd never catch me endorsing a Libertarian, so ask me again after the convention.

7. Being the first African-American President is in and of itself a special legacy, even if you don't do anything. However, I hope to expand on it, by actually getting many of the programs he fought for passed. Maybe they'll rename Obamacare, Bidencare, when I successfully push it through Congress...

8. I certainly don't support adding new trade deals at this time, and as for repealing existing trade deals, I'll look at each one on a case-by-case basis to decide which ones stay and which ones we renegotiate, or ax altogether.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #335 on: May 12, 2018, 09:32:13 PM »

Bloomberg/King 2012:  For a United America Tour, Part 8

March 4th, 2012:  Michael Bloomberg and Angus King board a plane and fly to Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana.  There, Michael Bloomberg gives a Speech touting the endorsement of Jeb Bush, thanking him for recognizing Bloomberg as the Centrist Unifier he is.  After the speech, Bloomberg and King board a plane and fly to Anaheim, California.

March 5th, 2012Michael Bloomberg gives a speech at the Anaheim Convention Center, Orange County, California, commenting on the Russian Presidential Election. 

March 6th, 2012:  Michael Bloomberg and Angus King hold a Joint Rally in Anaheim, Orange County, California, touting their records of Fiscal Responsibility as Mayor of New York City and Governor of Maine. 

After the Rally, Bloomberg and King head to Bloomberg California HQ in Anaheim and watch Super Tuesday with their families and supporters.

Map of Campaign Visits for Bloomberg/King for March 4th - 6th

Bloomberg Surrogate Schedule for March 4th - 6th

Senator Olympia Snowe (R-ME):  During time off from the Senate she campaigns for Bloomberg/King Statewide in Maine, highlighting their support for alternative energy.

Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT):  During time off from the Senate he campaigns for Bloomberg/King statewide in Connecticut, highlighting their support for greater sanctions against Iran.

Governor Tom Foley (R-CT):  Governor Foley holds small Rallies statewide in Connecticut for Bloomberg/King, highlighting their support for balancing the budget and reining in the National Debt.

Governor Andrew Cuomo (D-NY): Governor Cuomo holds rallies in Long Island, highlighting Bloomberg/King's support for transportation reform, and a possible High Speed Rail system.

Governor Charlie Baker (R-MA):  Governor Baker holds rallies statewide in Massachusetts, touting Bloomberg/King's support for Mayors hunting down illegal gun sales and keeping American Cities safer.

Governor Lincoln Chafee (I-RI):  Governor Chafee holds rallies statewide in Rhode Island, touting Bloomberg/King's support for immigration reform.

Governor John Stephen (R-NH):  Governor Stephen holds rallies statewide in New Hampshire, touting Bloomberg/King's commitment to lowering taxes for businesses and bringing back jobs.

Governor Brian Dubie (R-VT):  Governor Dubie holds rallies statewide in Vermont, highlighting Bloomberg/King's support of increased education funding for poorer school districts.

New York Independence Party:  The NY Independence Party continues setting up campaign offices around New York, continuing to focus on suburban New York City, Erie, and Monroe Counties, and continues to canvass statewide.

Ross Perot (I-TX):  Ross Perot holds rallies in the Driftless region of Wisconsin, touting Bloomberg/King's support for fairer trade deals for the United States

Minnesota Independence Party:  The MN Independence Party begins setting up campaign offices statewide in Minnesota, and canvassing statewide, focusing on Hennepin County

John B. Anderson (I-IL):  John Anderson holds rallies in the Collar Counties of Illinois, touting Bloomberg/King's commitment to bipartisanship and opposition to radicals in both parties.

Governor Bob McDonnell (R-VA):  Governor Bob McDonnell holds rallies statewide in Virginia, touting their commitment to fiscal responsibility and balancing the budget.

Senator Gordon Smith (R-OR):  During Time off from the Senate he campaigns for Bloomberg/King statewide in Oregon, touting their plan to lower taxes on Average Americans.

Governor Brian Schweitzer (D-MT):  Governor Schweitzer holds rallies statewide in Montana, touting Bloomberg/King's support for Legalization of Recreational Marijuana.

(Italicized Endorsements are the ones for this turn.)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #336 on: May 13, 2018, 08:54:00 AM »

Bredesen Debate Responses

My view is very simple. I am Pro-Life on the issue but I do understand why people do Abortions at times. What I will do to change Current legislation is defund Planned Parenthood. Millions of dollars in Taxpayer money goes to funding that program and I think it shouldn't be funded by the Taxpayers. If anything, they should be making their own money from the Abortions they do. There are some fears that a Pro-lifer as president will make Abortion Illegal. I don't know about the Republicans but I can assure you that Abortion will still remain legal if I'm president. There will just have to be a reason as to why you want and a few day grace period to see if you're sure you want an abortion. Many Mothers regret having an abortion later on so I want everyone to be sure that they want to abort their baby.

Yes, I will. Unlike how others have tried to paint me, I'm not a raging homophobe. What I plan to do instead is enforce the laws I expand. LGBTQ people deserve the right to Vote so if they're discriminated against doing that, I'll force them to do otherwise. If they're not allowed in Schools, I'll make sure they are. It's a National tragedy to see people who just love their own gender be discriminated against and before the Vice President attempts to flip this and say “What about States Rights?” I have this to say: Mr. Vice President, Joe, if I can call you that, Voting is the right of every person. Education is the right of every person. Even Marriage is the right of every person, but Marriage itself, while legal on the federal level, must become legal on the State level first. I know Conservatives. I know how people are when it comes to these issues, can you say the same, Mr. Vice President? Do you know how these people think, how they act, or have you never met a single one because you're quite Progressive home of Delaware prevented you of seeing them?

To make my long answer short, Yes, I will expand Current anti-discrimination laws to include those with LGBTQ backgrounds.

No. I have a feeling that something bad... something terrifying will happen there soon. Iraq is a mess and we need to stay a few more years to make sure it's stable. Vice President Biden doesn't know that I'm Iraq, there are many different ethnicities. From Kurds to Shiites, these groups dislike each other, keeping the National Unity of Iraq weak. If we stay and make sure these people get along, then Iraq will be a I'm Stronger nation and if a threat is coming, like my thoughts suggest, then Iraq needs to be as stable as possible for the upcoming storm.

Now I go to Afghanistan. Yes, I will keep troops there and even send another 5-10,000 troops there to help our operations there while I send 7500 more troops to Iraq. I agree with Vice President that Osama Bin Laden needs to be brought to justice, no matter the cost. The Taliban needs to be brought to justice as well, no matter the cost. The Vice President, however, forgets that there is another country to worry about. That country is our “ally” Pakistan. It is well known how they harbor terrorists like Bin Laden and Taliban leaders. I say we give Pakistan an Ultimatum: Give us every terrorist in your country or we will issue sanctions on you. If you think Pakistan is too valuable an ally to lose, than I have some ideal replacements. Six actually. They are India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan. With these Nations as allies, we'll have more aid than Pakistan can ever give. And soon, with this major coalition, we will find and kill Osama Bin Laden

I do believe in Climate change and I do believe that the Government shall prevent it but we Should not, under any circumstances whatsoever, have a War on Coal. There are people in many states any other job than Coal Mining. Instead of constantly attacking the Coal Industry like you seem to think, Mr. Vice President, why not we let it phase out on its own time. These people have no other source of income than Coal Mining. They're trying to make a better life for their families so their kids can do the things they couldn't. As a Father and Grandfather, I understand that struggle and I think the Vice President agrees with me.

What I suggest is increasing Job Growth and research into renewable energy and Climate change Control while we let the Coal Mining jobs to their own devices. I will not let people be unemployed simply because we're in a race to stop Climate change, which is ever changing.

Long Answer Short: Yes to both Questions but let Coal Mining die on its own terms and own time.

Response to Vice President Biden: chuckles There you go, Vice President Biden. Trying to paint me as a monster without any proof of it. I want to ask, before we go on to the next question, weren't you raised in a Coal Mining town in Pennsylvania? If so, you know the struggle better than anyone.

There is one person I have in mind for that role. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand of New York has been a great friend in this Campaign so far and deserves the position as Vice President for how she's served this country in the Senate.

I notice that Vice President Biden isn't being transparent with his plan for a cabinet so I'll tell you my candidates for the following positions: Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, Secretary of Treasury, and Secretary of Education. I plan to have Al Gore be my Secretary of State due to the Experience he had as Senator in the 80s and 90s and as Vice President in the Clinton Administration, which means that will be critical as the top Diplomat in the country. For Secretary of Defense, who better than General Wesley Clark of Arkansas who has already served his country and knows the Military far better than any politician. For Secretary of Education, Advocate Michelle Rhee sounds like a good choice. Her advocacy for the desperate reform our School System needs is important for the Education Department and I believe she will change it for the better. Finally, for Secretary of Treasury Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota sounds like a great choice. She has served the Senate well and will serve us well as the possible Secretary of Treasury if I'm elected. But just know that these are ideas floating in my head.

I was questioned this by Michelle Obama before she dropped out but yes, I will endorse the Nominee for the betterment of the party in the General Election. It is better to Campaign as a United force in the General than as a divided party in the General Election due to some petty rivalry in the Primaries.

Only to an extent. Let me explain my reasoning. The reason such an idea is in place is because no one really cares if you're gay or trans in the Military and unless people ask, they should not be told. I want to put it into perspective. You're in battle against the Taliban in Afghanistan and a fight happens. You're only with a fellow soldier. Would you care about them being Trans or Gay or would you be concerned if they had your back? It's perhaps the latter, correct? Now, I won't let the Military discriminate against LGBTQ soldiers and anyone who does, I want them to be court martialed and sent back home. Someone that hateful does not deserve our respect nor do they deserve the right to Serve our country.

Well, with Vice President Biden stating that he likely won't endorse me if I'm the Nominee Frankly terrifies me. That means that unless he changes his mind, our party will be divided in the general election. I will try to unite the party by reminding everyone that at the end of the day, we are all Democrats, be it Conservative or Liberal Democrats and I want to remind everyone that we are there for them.

This debate has been fantastic. I want to thank the Vice President for attending and Boston for Hosting this. I hope that I have Done well. Thank you.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: May 13, 2018, 10:59:48 AM »

March 5th, 2012:  Michael Bloomberg giving a speech at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, Orange County, California.

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen of Anaheim!  Today, I'd like to just make a short speech commenting on something, the Russian Presidential "Election."  Now, why the air quotes?  Because you see, it's not really an Election.  In fact I can already tell you the results, Vladamir Putin wins in a landslide with over 60% of the vote, and wins every Subject, their equivalent of states. 

Now, why should we care that Russia isn't a real Democracy?  Because in the end they're the largest Nuclear Power besides the United States, and they're not allowing the real voice of their people to be heard, if it was they'd have voted out Vladamir Putin and his cronies a long time ago.  So what I propose is the following:  We issue sanctions against the Russian Government and keep them in place until a truly free election is held, and publicly stand up and condemn these False Elections on the World Stage.  The United States must make it clear that we will not stand by and tolerate restrictions of Freedom like this, and that we will do everything we peacefully can to help the peoples of the World get the Freedom they deserve. 

Thank you all for your time.  God Bless Anaheim, God Bless The Great State of California, God Bless The United States of America and God Bless the Constitution, that grants us the Freedom and Democracy we so dearly cherish.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #338 on: May 13, 2018, 11:06:33 AM »
« Edited: May 14, 2018, 08:56:50 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

Bredesen Schedule

March 4th

Constants:

- Always attract rural farmers and rural whites

- Always use Al Gore, Jesse Jackson, Kirsten Gilibrand, and Amy Klobuchar to the best of their ability

- Always meet with voters when giving the chance

- Always remind people of the Gaffes that Biden can make

- Always remind citizens that Joe Biden's are like Barrack Obama's policies

- Always remind people that Obama's policies, which are much like Biden's, led to high Democratic disapproval

- Always bring up Foreign Policy, Economic, Energy, and Trade policies

- Rally in Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee to raise support in the state.

- Rally in Nashville, Davidson County, Tennesee with Karl Dean to raise support

- Rally in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma

- Rally in Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia with Jesse Jackson

- Education Policy Speech in Denver, City and County of Denver, Colorado:

- Create a Grassroots organization in those 4 states so the GOYV effort happens successfully.

March 5th

Constants:

- Always use Al Gore, Jesse Jackson, Tim Kaine, and Blanche Lincoln to the best of their ability

- Always remind people that Obama's policies, which are much like Biden's, led to high Democratic disapproval

- Rally in Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio with Jesse Jackson to attract African American Voters

- Rally in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio with Jesse Jackson to attract African American Voters

- Quick Flight to Denver Hospital to see how Penn Jillette is doing

- Energy Policy Speech in Norfolk, Norfolk County, Virginia

- Congressional Term Limits Speech in Virginia Beach, Virginia Beach County, Virginia

- Trade Policy Speech in Yorktown, York County, Virginia

- Debate Joe Biden at the Democratic Debate in Boston, Massachusetts

- Create a Grassroots organization in Ohio and Virginia so the GOYV effort happens successfully.

March 6th

Constants:

- Always use Al Gore, Jesse Jackson, Tim Kaine, and Blanche Lincoln to the best of their ability

- Rally in Richmond, Richmond City, Virginia with Jesse Jackson to attract African American Voters

Jackson:

- Rally in Chesapeake, Chesapeake County, Virginia with Al Gore

Gore:

- Rally in Henrico, Henrico County, Virginia with Former Virginia Governor Time Kaine

Kaine:

- Barnstorm across Southern and Central Virginia to rally support around Bredesen

- Campaign in a few Ohio Towns

- Hold a rally in a few Eastern Virginia Counties

- Election Night Rally in Salem where Phil Bredesen and all his surrogates watch the results for Super Tuesday

Phil Bredesen Campaign Schedule March 4th-6th through Counties

(omit a few if you think I visted way too many on March 6th)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #339 on: May 13, 2018, 01:51:26 PM »

Biden response to Bredesen

Governor, fighting climate change, does not equal a war on coal. What we can do, is pay for coal miners to go back to school and get educations in the new fields of their choice. The fact is, there is no such thing as clean coal, or safe coal. It won't happen in my presidency, and it probably won't happen in my immediate successors, but I believe one day we won't be relying on fossil fuels like coal to power our homes.

Now let's talk about who I would endorse if I didn't win the nomination. I never said I wouldn't endorse you, I simply said, I would not be comfortable doing so with you or Bloomberg. That doesn't mean I would I would I wouldn't endorse you if I won the nomination.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #340 on: May 13, 2018, 02:28:36 PM »

Joe Biden Schedule

March 4, 2012

GOTV in Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati, Ohio

March 5, 2012

GOTV in Dayton, Ohio and Akron, Ohio

Debate, Boston, Massachussets

March 6, 2012

GOTV, All Virginia suburbs of Washington D.C

Election Night Rally (With all surrogates) at Ohio Stadium, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #341 on: May 13, 2018, 02:47:14 PM »

Biden's strategy

Joe Biden is confident of wins in Massachusetts and Vermont, but just to be sure surrogate Jeanne Shaheen will be campaigning here.

Colorado and American Samoa are two very different states/territories. Neither are being contested by either side, and Biden is 50-50 on his chances of victory here. He is sending his wife as a solo surrogate to the American Samoa, but he is not seriously contesting Colorado at this time.

Biden's solid second place finish in the Minnesota Primary leads him to believe he will win the caucus easily. As such his  new endorser, Al Franken, are being deployed elsewhere.

Biden is essentially conceding Tennessee, Georgia and Oklahoma to Bredesen, sending no surrogates and not campaigning there himself.

All hands are on deck in Virginia and Ohio, where Biden needs a win, as does Bredesen. In Virginia, Biden is backed by Beau Biden, Chuck Schumer, Bill Nelson, Tom Carper and Alex Sink, while in Ohio, Biden is backed by Al Franken, Carl Levin, Nancy Pelosi, and Sherrod Brown.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #342 on: May 13, 2018, 03:11:10 PM »

Bredesen Responses to Biden

Governor, fighting climate change, does not equal a war on coal. What we can do, is pay for coal miners to go back to school and get educations in the new fields of their choice. The fact is, there is no such thing as clean coal, or safe coal. It won't happen in my presidency, and it probably won't happen in my immediate successors, but I believe one day we won't be relying on fossil fuels like coal to power our homes.

Now let's talk about who I would endorse if I didn't win the nomination. I never said I wouldn't endorse you, I simply said, I would not be comfortable doing so with you or Bloomberg. That doesn't mean I would I would I wouldn't endorse you if I won the nomination.

Vice President Biden, I must ask this: Do you know why these citizens left school to be in Coal Mines? Because it's the only way they can get money to help their family. They can't afford to get an education simply because their family might starve if they try to do it. It's the same problem immigrants have. They drop out of school to help their families. I agree that we should make sure their kids get better educations. They need it so they aren't caught in the parasitic cycle their parents were caught in. The average age of a Miner in West Virginia is 55, which means they would most likely be uninterested in going to school themselves. There are Coal Miners across the country, however, and many of them isn't interested in Government handouts to them. They want such things for their children so let's both agree to help the children so we can make sure that the cycle ends.

Vice President Biden, what you stated does sound like you weren't planning on Endorsing me if I became your Nominee. When you said "Ask me after the Convention" I think it's a safe assumption that you have plans not to. The simple answer to the question is will you Endorse the Nominee? Yes or No?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #343 on: May 13, 2018, 03:32:37 PM »

Governor, I plan on being the nominee, so excuse me if I don't commit to endorsing you.

I don't love the idea of endorsing Bloomberg, as I'm a loyal Democrat, so that really only leaves me with one choice, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #344 on: May 13, 2018, 03:34:57 PM »

Governor, I plan on being the nominee, so excuse me if I don't commit to endorsing you.

I don't love the idea of endorsing Bloomberg, as I'm a loyal Democrat, so that really only leaves me with one choice, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

I plan on being the Nominee as well Mr. Vice President but that doesn't mean you say you will keep us in suspense. The answer you gave however, has cleared it up. Thank you for clarifying
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #345 on: May 13, 2018, 03:39:41 PM »

Bachmann's Super Tuesday GOTV

Wyoming GOTV Effort

The Bachmann campaign has made Wyoming a top target for a Super Tuesday win. Bachmann is hoping her momentum from winning Minnesota and Washington and the internal polling that shows she is leading in Wyoming will push her over the top in Wyoming.

Bachmann main focus in Wyoming was on National Security which is an important topic to Wyoming and many other states out west. This is why the revealed the Rep. Duncan Hunter endorsement in Wyoming who fought in the war on terror and in his endorsement speech made Bachmann seem like the strongest candidate on national security. Rep. Duncan Hunter was the main endorsement on the trail in Wyoming but another prominent one was former Sectary of State Condoleeza Rice who also made Bachmann seem like the readiest to handle foreign threats.

Bachmann to attack Giuliani, the campaign called him the establishment candidate and said he would serve Washington, not Wyoming. The campaign team also would attack Giuliani on being a flip-flopper who ditches his conservative values when he gets elected. These two attacks were very effective in her upset in Washington and she hopes this will be able to give her another win.

The campaign on Caucus night hopes to bring out people in the North-East and North-West region which is the most conservative areas of the state. Bachmann is also trying to win over the large undecided voters before caucus night and on caucus night. Bachmann feels confident that Wyoming will be a win for her campaign since its large Tea Party voting block and because Bachmann almost always overperforms in caucus since she is running the grassroots campaign. Over Performing for the campaign would be 35%+ which is very doable.

Alaska GOTV Effort

The Bachmann campaign sees a victory in Alaska or a close second to DeMint. Alaska like in Wyoming, the Bachmann campaign hopes the momentum from March 3rd primaries and caucus will be enough to push her over the top. Still, the campaign worries that DeMint who has the same amount of momentum will stop her from claiming victory. To stop this from happening the Bachmann campaign held multiple speeches at caucus location on the day of the Alaska caucus to secure her the first or the close second the campaign hopes for.

The main topic focus in Alaska is foreign policy and allowing onshore drilling which could overwhelmingly help Alaska's economy. Since there are many coal mines and coal areas already in Alaska, the Bachmann campaign hopes the endorsement from the United coal miners of America will win her over the support of a large number of coal miners in Alaska.

Though the Bachmann campaign will not attack the DeMint campaign, they do try and distances themselves by calling them the true Tea Party campaign which is what Bachmann did during the debate. Bachmann feels that the only challenger that Bachmann has to win Alaska so they didn't attack any other candidate.

The main endorser in Alaska was Rep. Steve King who is the most conservative endorsers of Bachmann. This is supposed to make her look like the most Tea Party candidates in the race.

The main areas to pull out to the caucus is in the areas to the north which has much more coal miners and potential drilling areas. Bachmann sees with the momentum and since Alaska is a caucus they believe that first place is within their reach and they could secure 30%+.

Idaho GOTV Effort

Michele Bachmann hopes Idaho is also part of the campaign's Super Tuesday wins. Especially internal polling shows the momentum from the March 3rd states has helped her to start to pull away from the crowd. Bachmann hopes these wins on Super Tuesday will give her a delegate boost and help her close the gap between her and the other candidates in the field namely Huckabee who has a large delegate advantage so far over every other candidate in the field.

Bachmann's main topic like in Wyoming and Alaska was again foreign policy but she also focused on agriculture since Idaho has a large number of farmers. The main endorsors that touted Bachmann's foreign policy in Idaho were the same as they were in Wyoming, Rep. Duncan Hunter and former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice. The main endorser touting Bachmann's agriculture policies was Rep. Tom Latham whose district in Iowa is a large agricultural district.

To make sure neither Huckabee or Giuliani will be able to take a win in Idaho the campaign attacked both candidates. Bachmann attacked both Huckabee and Giuliani as big government Republicans and serving the establishment, not the working class.

Bachmann believes since her campaign always does better in rural areas and during caucus they believe that Idaho will be an easy win for the campaign. Bachmann believes that overperforming in Idaho would be around 32%+

North Dakota GOTV Effort

With North Dakota being so close to Minnesota and since they have many of the same values the Bachmann campaign believes it will be a win for them. Bachmann hopes that North Dakota will be added to the list of states the Bachmann campaign will win on Super Tuesday. Though North Dakota has much fewer delegates than the other Super Tuesday states like Idaho, Virginia, and Ohio the Bachmann campaign believes this will give them momentum going forward into primaries like Kansas that could be a very competitive match.

Bachmann main topic throughout many of the Super Tuesday states has been foreign policy and that was no different for North Dakota but the Bachmann campaign also focused more on the economy in North Dakota. Tim Pawlenty, John Thune, and Kristi Noem were all the main endorsors in North Dakota. All of those endorsors came from bordering states so the Bachmann campaign hopes that will boost her chances in North Dakota.

Bachmann turned her attacks on Huckabee in North Dakota since her internal polling shows he is the closest one to her. The campaign attacked Huckabee over his big government views. Bachmann also took aim at Huckabee believing he can cut the government's spending without cutting social security and Medicare.

A realistic goal for the campaign on caucus night would be 40%+ since it is a caucus, she lives in a neighboring state and they have a large Tea Party voting block. An over performance for the campaign in North Dakota would be getting more than 50%+ of the vote and still, that is not outside of the Bachmann's campaigns reach if they stay to this GOTV Plan.

Ohio GOTV Effort

Though internal polling shows that Bachmann is down the campaign still is putting much effort into the state. The goal for this is getting a second or strong third place and win over enough delegates so her campaign can keep close to the other campaigns. The campaign is very worried that Huckabee will get second or in a nightmare scenario for the campaign would get first and continue to expand his delegate lead over the other campaign.

Ohio Republican has a large voting block for each of the candidates like a large establishment voting block, large working-class voting block and a large Tea Party voting block. The campaign believes that if they want to have a strong second place they must just unite the Tea Party voting block behind her campaign to win and that is why she is sending many high profile Tea Party endorsors to Ohio. Gov. Phil Bryant and Rep. Marsha Blackburn were the main endorsors and the issues they highlighted was the economy. Especially talking about Michele Bachmann's plan to end the war on coal which would definitely benefit the region. On the campaign trail, the Bachmann campaign touted the endorsement from United Coal Miners of America especially in the South-East region of the state since that is where a majority of the coal mines are located.

On the campaign trail, the campaign highlighted Giuliani's moderate to liberal mayoral record. Also, the campaign highlighted Giuliani's ties to the establishment, big money and his tendencies of flip-flopping after being elected.

On a primary day, the campaign is hoping to big out people in coal mining towns and in the rural/suburban areas in the North-East like Medina, Wadsworth and Cuyahoga Falls. If they are able to bring out enough people from those areas they hope to win around 22%+ support but overperforming would be 28%+.

Tennesee GOTV Effort

Though Bachmann's campaign did not do internal polling in Tennesee they still believe that they have a chance at a third-place similar to her finish in South Carolina. The campaign believes that Tennesee will be a fight between DeMint and Huckabee so the Bachmann campaign decided to stay out of the state instead just sending surrogates.

The main topic the surrogates focused on was conservative values calling her the most conservative candidate and they touted her endorsement from the Tea Party Express to prove that she was the true Tea Party candidate in the race. The surrogates that went to Tennesee was Rep. Marsha Blackburn and Gov. Phil Bryant. Blackburn was one of Bachmann's earliest surrogates and is a popular representative in Tennesee and Bachmann hopes that likability will transfer to her and that Blackburn supporters will also support her.

Since Bachmann had no realistic chance at winning in Tennesee or coming close to Huckabee or DeMint, her campaign won't attack any of the other campaigns in Tennesee.

In the end, Bachmann hopes to bring out supporters from Blackburn's congressional district since it is one of the most conservative in the state. A realistic goal for the campaign is to try and win 20%+ and beat Giuliani by at least 5% as she did in South Carolina. Over-performing in Tennesee would be 25%+.

Oklahoma GOTV Effort

Bachmann believes like Missouri that Oklahoma will be a blowout for Huckabee but Bachmann will put a large amount of effort into it. She is hoping for a strong second place and she is also hoping she can win some of the 43 delegates so they don't all go to Huckabee which would just expand his delegate lead.

Bachmann didn't send any endorsors to Oklahoma but she still has a large number of volunteers and grassroots supporters trying to spread her message. Her main topic of focus is allowing companies to drill and frack which, like allowing onshore drilling in Alaska, would open a huge new economic opportunity.

Bachmann believes that a realistic goal for the campaign is in second place with around 20% of support which would secure her multiple delegates.

Virginia GOTV Effort

Virginia is most likely going to be a fight between DeMint and Giuliani but the Bachmann campaign believes they can get a strong third place like the one she is hoping for in Tennesee where there is a close match between DeMint and Huckabee.

Bachmann is sending Luis Fortuno, Allen West and Carly Fiorina all to Virginia to tout Bachmann's stance on the economy. Virginia like in Ohio has many coal mines and Bachmann's endorsors again touted her endorsements from the United Coal Miners of America to win over coal miner support especially near the peak of Virginia near West Virginia.

Bachmann believes that her campaign can win 15%+ support and secure her some delegates. This again is a plan to keep her close with the other campaigns as she does fear that the campaign is going into a brokered convention.

Vermont GOTV Effort

Vermont has a race like Oklahomas where it is solid for a candidate and the Bachmann campaign like in Oklahoma wants a strong second place. This will not be a great feat since Vermont has a large Tea Party voting block which was proven in 2010 and since how well Bachmann was able to do in New Hampshire which also has a more modrate Republican party.

Bachmann's main endorsors in Vermont were Luis Fortuno and Carly Fiorina and they helped focus the campaign on the economy which is very imporant to many people in Vermont. Carly Fiorina also led the GOTV in New Hampshire so she was again tasked with leading the GOTV in Vermont since they have such a similar voting blocks.

A realstic goal for the Campaign in Vermont would be 15%+ since the campaign believes that Giuliani will win Vermont by over 50% of the vote. Over perfroming for the campaign would be if they were able to win 20%+ and hold Giuliani under 50% of the vote.

States With No GOTV Plan Put in Place
Massachuetts and Georgia
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #346 on: May 13, 2018, 05:42:27 PM »

UMWA Endorses Bachmann

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #347 on: May 13, 2018, 06:37:57 PM »

BREAKING: Shooting at Libertarian Debate, Jillette in critical condition

After Tuesday's libertarian debate, a lone gunman opened fire on magician and candidate Penn Jillette and his staff as they were leaving the venue. At least three staffers are confirmed dead; Jillette was rushed to the hospital and is currently in critical condition. A suspect was apprehended, but no further information has been released. One eyewitness told CNN that the gunman yelled "Death to f****ts and all their allies" while firing on the group. Jillette has previously expressed support for the LGBT community and same-sex marriage.

It is unclear at this time whether or not Jillette will be able to continue his presidential campaign, but many believe he will be forced to drop out.

This is a developing story; CNN will continue to update this page with more information as it becomes available.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #348 on: May 13, 2018, 08:51:53 PM »

News Update

Jillette in critical condition but recovering, doctors say after shooting dubbed the "Tuesday Night Massacre"

(DENVER) - Hours after a gunman opened fire on the Libertarian Debate in Denver Tuesday night, presidential candidate Penn Jillette is recovering, yet still in critical condition, at Saint Joseph Hospital. Three of his staffers are now confirmed dead at the scene, and one more along with seven audience members are additionally in critical condition. Reportedly, Jillette is considering whether to suspend his campaign alongside his family.

This is a developing story; CNN will continue to update this page with more information as it becomes available.

Brown, Ventura enter presidential race, major polling shakeup in New York Times snap poll

(WASHINGTON) - Despite the chaos of the Tuesday Night Massacre at the Libertarian Debate, another news story has flown under the radar: the entries of California Governor Jerry Brown and former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura into the Democratic and Libertarian contests, respectively.

The latest New York Times snap poll shows a potential major shakeup in the race for the nominations:

New York Times National Snap Poll:

Generic Republican: 39%
Generic Democrat: 36%
Michael Bloomberg (I): 14%
Generic Libertarian: 6%
Undecided: 5%

New York Times Democratic Snap Poll:

Joe Biden: 35%
Jerry Brown: 29%
Phil Bredesen: 26%
Undecided: 10%

New York Times Libertarian Snap Poll:

Jesse Ventura: 59%
Adam Carolla: 36%
Undecided: 5%

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #349 on: May 13, 2018, 08:53:22 PM »

Tweet from Adam Carolla
I suffered a bruise from a trip out of shock but I am ok and not severely hurt.

I wish the best to Penn Jillette the best and hope he recovers soon and fast.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies