Chuck Schumer: Palestinians are the reason there is no peace in the Middle East (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:03:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Chuck Schumer: Palestinians are the reason there is no peace in the Middle East (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chuck Schumer: Palestinians are the reason there is no peace in the Middle East  (Read 5294 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 07, 2018, 05:55:30 PM »

Am I the only one reading this a different way?

To me he's saying that the Jews believe there is a historical, religious justification for their ownership of the land while Palestinians come from a different tradition and dont believe what the Jews believe....so thats why theres conflict.

yes, the actual words say that, but that's probably not what he was saying and that's certainly not how it's being read.

I was expecting him to be more direct when I read the thread title.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 08:09:05 AM »

Schumer's position that Palestinians don't believe a Jewish state should exist nullifies his stance on a two-state solution and places all of the blame in the conflict on Palestinians. He sounds like a right-wing extremist.
but....most Palestinians (and nearly everybody else in the area) don't believe that a Jewish state should exist.  How would Schumer's position on that fact change anything at all?  And how does parroting what the other side says make him sound like an extremist?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 08:13:28 AM »

Jordan once tried to integrate the Palestinians?  How'd that go?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies