Millennials: Racial Discrimination more important than economy, healthcare (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:07:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Millennials: Racial Discrimination more important than economy, healthcare (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Millennials: Racial Discrimination more important than economy, healthcare  (Read 4100 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 09, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »

Not surprising. The whole point of (most of) the modern left is to fight "racism". I've argued we are entering a new era of politics where it will be culture not economics, which decide elections, and we are engulfed in an intense culture war.

And why do you see yourself on the (presumably) anti-left side of that "war"?

I think the main issue WILL be culture. We are already seeing that as economic lines (in terms of party voting) are pretty mixed. For example, it used to be Democrat=working class and Republican=wealthy. Now, both parties are pretty much the same in terms of wealth. Hell, if you subtract African-Americans, Republicans are by average LESS wealthy than the Democrats.
maybe if you're going by household income like that gss study. assuming that's what you're referring to anyway.. but individual level not really

You must be logged in to read this quote.

i get the impression republicans would rather just let their party literally die off over the next 20 years or so than change. or at least the super rich donors and people maintaining all the party infrastructure feel that way
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 11:16:25 AM »

well to be blunt not everyone can be a doctor or a lawyer we should be more realistic in expectations. providing technical training and different jobs programs for people for a start... i'd go further but we're talking things that could realistically happen here. also a lot of these inner city schools have the air quality of a dumpster fire which doesn't help

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2018/feb/01/schools-across-the-us-exposed-to-air-pollution-hildren-are-facing-risks

courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 01:58:50 PM »

There is a lot of assumptions going on here. 'Archie Bunker' works hard and is a maker. Got it. I don't consider him scum, and I don't always feel morally superior to him, and I don't blame race or gender for what jobs I get. These people have my respect. That doesn't mean they are perfect. But anyone who contributes positively to society obviously deserves to be recognized.
aren't you asian? or am i thinking of someone else
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies