Florida?-A 2000 Election Game(Gameplay thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:12:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Florida?-A 2000 Election Game(Gameplay thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Florida?-A 2000 Election Game(Gameplay thread)  (Read 2825 times)
terp40hitch
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 08, 2018, 04:12:46 PM »

Florida?-2000 Election Game
Turn One: September 1st to October 1st

Clinton's Aproval Rating
43%
48%

General Election Polling
45%
47%
8%

The 2000 election is already showing to be one of the closets ever as both sides show competitive nomination fights ahead. While Democrats fight over who will continue the Clinton legacy, the Republicans try to play themselves as the anti-Clinton as Clinton approval rating sinks lower.

Democrats

RCP: Democratic Averages
Al Gore: 47%
Tom Daschle: 19%
Paul Wellstone: 13%
Undecided: 21%

While many Democrats are still undecided there is a clear frontrunner national at this point. Vice-President Al Gore has made a strong pro-Clinton base but he is facing challenges from the left. Two Senators from the mid-west, Senator Wellstone, and Senator Daschle, who are little known outside of the mid-west have started to build a base of support who were saddened by the amount of bipartisanship in the Clinton years.

Republicans

RCP: Republican Averages
Pat Buchanan: 21%
John McCain: 14%
Fred Thompson: 13%
Orrin Hatch: 10%
Jim Bunning: 9%
Don Sundquist: 5%
Ernie Fletcher: 2%
Undecided: 27%

Many little-experienced candidates joined the field leaving no real frontrunner other than two-time former candidate Pat Buchanan who is the most well known of the candidates. The establishment Republicans are split between Senator McCain, Governor Sundquist, and Senator Hatch while the outsider Republicans are split between Senator Thompson, Senator Bunning, Pat Buchanan and Representative Ernie Fletcher. Still, the campaigns need to start to try and attract the undecided voter. Right now the field is wide open and it can be anybody's nomination.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 04:38:49 PM »

Democrat State Polling

Alaska
Al Gore: 36%
Paul Wellstone: 25%
Tom Daschle: 11%
Undecided: 28%

Iowa
Al Gore: 39%
Tom Daschle: 21%
Paul Wellstone: 17%
Undecided: 23%

New Hampshire
Al Gore: 31%
Paul Wellstone: 27%
Tom Daschle: 24%
Undecided: 18%

Deleware
Al Gore: 41%
Tom Daschle: 19%
Paul Wellstone: 6%
Undecided: 34%

Republican State Polling

Alaska
Pat Buchanan: 18%
Jim Bunning: 16%
Fred Thompson: 14%
John McCain: 9%
Orrin Hatch: 7%
Ernie Fletcher: 6%
Don Sundquist: 4%
Undecided: 26%

Iowa
Fred Thompson: 17%
Jim Bunning: 13%
Pat Buchanan: 12%
John McCain: 10%
Ernie Fletcher: 9%
Orrni Hatch: 5%
Don Sundquist: 3%
Undecided: 31%

New Hampshire
Pat Buchanan: 24%
John McCain: 19%
Orrin Hatch: 15%
Fred Thompson: 9%
Don Sundquist: 7%
Jim Bunning: 3%
Ernie Fletcher: 1%
Undecided: 22%

Deleware
Fred Thompson: 21%
Jim Bunning: 17%
Don Sundquist: 15%
Pat Buchanan: 12%
Ernie Flecther: 11%
John McCain: 2%
Undecided: 11%
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 05:46:47 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2018, 07:01:21 PM by terp40hitch »

First GOP Debate
Dover, Deleware September 20th

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 09:48:53 PM »

Jim Bunning debate answer part 1

1.Hi my name is Jim Bunning and I am a senator from Kentucky and yes  the same guy who is a Hall Of fame pitcher and I have agreed with my wife and family and no I won’t be making any baseball jokes and puns tonight. *Crowd and him laughs*

1.5:Well the Democrats in DC think by spending more that they can stop it and I say no!! That would make it worse. We don’t have a wide open and a free market of ideas on the internet. Our goverment has put too much stock into the World Wide Web and have interfered into what could be a great place where the free market could flow.

Case in point we should most of these government regulations and make sure that we see healthy competition thrive in on the web and make sure we prevent from this ever happening.

2.North Korea and Venezuela.  The North Koreans are a major threat not just to us but our Pacific Ailies like Taiwan South Korea and Japan from nuclear destruction and total domination of the Asia. Kim Joung Ill knows what he is doing and is prob the most dangerous leader in the east.

Venezuela is now under proto communist rule just like what has been going on in Cuba for 40 years now

I fear for every country in the Central and South Amercians to feel and think what is the worst to come for them.  They might of just started but I already know what’s going to happen. It will be Castro all over again.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 10:17:00 AM »

Bunning debate answers part 2
3.Well President Bush that year lied about saying that wouldn’t raise any taxes and was in all honestly not that very good with the economy.  He ran his 1988 campaign once again in 1992 proving that too much of a good thing is bad for you.

Senator Dole I respect him and I supported him whole heart in 1996 but he  did the exact thing.  If we want to win in 2000 we need to run on a new millennium style campaign not a 80s Style one nor a 90s Style one it’s simple.  If we want to survive into the new frontier we need to adapt a campaign and a message for 2000 not from yesterday for yesteryear for the future plain and simple.

As the nominee I will run a campaign that will adapt to the technical advancements and this generation.
Liberty has no age limit.

4.As President I will fight for a balenced budget amendment and lower taxes. If we cut enough goverment spending and cut enough regulations and we make our tax code the most simple in the world then we would have to rely on raising taxes on the middle class.  Unfortunately from what we have in the White House now they don’t seem to follow that. They think more taxes, spending  and regulations on jobs are good and that eventually make  Amercia will be this great place to do work in. Well that’s not how you make Amercia great again im sorry.   Case in point we are gonna have to move on from the goverment and economy of Clinton and the Democrats if we can really balence the budget.

5.Well I have been in Congress for a decade now and I been fighting for free enterprise, lower taxes  and free market values all this time.  I have been rated very highly from conservative magazines and organizations. They agree my ideas and plans will lead to long term economic growth and  prosperity.

I have voted no to anything that involved a tax hike or a hike in goverment spending. I am a man of my words and the only true outsider in this race.

Closing:Well that you University of Delaware for letting me be here and letting me speak my platform to not just the people here tonight but the people watching on TV or listening to it on the radio.  I swear on my grave that I will fight for conservative values and values not for the swamp creatures in D.C but the values of working America and for the little guy not for some rich bank CEO. Thank you all and good night.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 11:49:08 AM »

Senator Daschle is pleased to receive the endorsements of Iowa Lieutenant Governor Sally Pederson and Des Moines Mayor Preston Daniels. Both will be campaigning in Iowa.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 03:28:08 PM »

Schedule summary for Tom Daschle

Senator Daschle began the month of September in Washington D.C, where he announced he would step down as Senate Minority Leader, to focus on the campaign, effective on October 1, 1999.

From there, he barnstormed across Iowa for the first three weeks of September, and New Hampshire for the final week of September.

The Campaign opened field offices in Iowa, New Hampshire and Delaware, and deferred a decision on Alaska until at least December.
History505
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 04:07:04 PM »

September 19th, 1999: Austin, Texas
Campaign Announcement

Howdy! It's great to be with you all in this wonderful September Texas weather are having today. I come here today to make a major announcement: "I'm running for President of the United States, and there is no turning back! Under the Clinton administration, we have lost a sense of honor and dignity in this country and I'm here to tell you I plan to restore that. Being governor of a big state like Texas means I know what it takes to get things done on the executive level, and I have worked with both Democrats and Republicans in the state legislature to get important work through. I have had a deep focus on education in Texas and making sure each child gets and equal chance to learn and live up to their potential. In a Bush presidency, I can assure you that no child will be left behind! I believe we must take the surplus we currently have and use on programs that will beneficial to you. We need to give more power power back to the people and less government, and be more militarily equipped for potential foreign encounters. I'm hoping to earn your vote and talk with all of you, may God bless you all!
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 04:24:19 PM »

Governor Bush Launches Presidential Run
Is America Ready For a new Bush?
September 19th

The already large Republican has just become larger as Governor of Texas George Bush launches his presidential bid. Many in the media expected Governor Bush's, son of former President George H. W. Bush, announcements. Still, this is a major change to the state of the race and a flash conducted by the New York Times shows that Bush is ahead of the field of candidates

New York Times Flash Poll
George Bush: 22%
Pat Buchanan: 18%
John McCain: 11%
Fred Thompson: 11%
Jim Bunning: 7%
Don Sundquist: 4%
Ernie Fletcher: 2%
Undecided: 15%

All candidates except Congressmen Ernie Fletcher and Senator Orrin Hatch took at least a 1% polling decrease. Whether Bush continues to be a frontrunner is yet to be known but he has the backing from both sides of the party at this point in the race.

History505
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 05:06:53 PM »

Bush debate answers:

Opening Statement: It's good to be here with all my fellow opponents. The Clinton administration has had almost 8 years and some issues have been left untouched, and I believe time is up! It's time for the country to have a new vision for American as we enter this new millennium. Thank You.

1. The way I will prevent the dot-com bubble from bursting is reducing the government's influence on the World Wide Web. Having government have too much of a role in the dot-com bubble and having too much pressure on it will lead it exhaust out and head for it's downfall. We must put limitations to ensure a steady dot-com economy.

2. I believe the greatest threat facing the United States today is the rise of terrorism and the way I plan to handle this threat is enforce stricter security and hunt down these terrorist leaders before they do us anymore harm. When the World Trade Center was bombed about 6 years ago, the Clinton administration did not do much to better secure this country, but under a Bush presidency I can assure we will make sure we do our research into preventing future potential threats.

3. The way I will be a better nominee at the ballot box than my father and former Senator Dole is constantly telling the people of this country that I will be the President for all people. I'm going to be  an attentive listener to everyone's needs and will find solutions that believe will better the country in the long run. I will aggressively campaign in swing states, blue states, and red states and will fight for every vote. I will embrace my conservative values and highlight myself as a "compassionate conservative" who wants to fix Washington.

4. The way I will balance the budget and cut taxes at the same time is by reducing taxes at a rate that will promote economic growth and keep the budget stable. It has been done before with past Presidents Kennedy and Reagan. Reagan cut taxes and had a recession, but it was not long that those tax cuts he implemented had effect as the economy came rushing back soon after, and Kennedy cut taxes in his first term which had beneficial impacts.

Closing Statement: It was great to be with all of you this evening and I hope to earn your vote in the primaries. God bless you and may God bless the United States of America!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 06:30:05 AM »

Wellstone 2000: For a new New Deal

Schedule summary

Wellstone kicked off his campaign in Minneapolis, Minnesota, to a rousing cheer from the audience. Following this, he began to organise his national campaign committe and lay the groundwork for his campaign in the early states.

Following this, he travelled to Iowa, where he barnstormed for several days with his supporters in the state, as well as touring the state's agricultural regions, and declaring that major farming companies would never seize land from family farmers.

He also travelled to New Hampshire, conducting a tour of the state and giving a major speech on his plan to reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act within his first 100 days in office and making sure that unions are protected and bankers and the upper classes pay their fair share of taxes. He also committed to tax cuts for the middle and lower classes.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 08:26:47 AM »

What Bunning did part 1
Jim campaigned in the northeast on trade deals and how to fix them and also campaigned on the issue of balencong the budget
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 08:57:11 AM »

I’m afraid I stumbled onto some personal issues and I must drop out and endorse George Bush
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 11:01:56 AM »

Bunning schedule

Early September-Jim campaigned with Ron Paul in Iowa and Kentucky on free enterprise and his tax reform plan. Held dinner with voters and got to meet with them.

Mid September-Jim campaigned in Delaware in trade and Wall Street reform and got to meet with supporters and campaigners in the state and had breakfast with them.

Late September-Go back to Kentucky and campaign on the Free Enterpise system and start setting up campaign headquarters around the state and meet campaigners all over the state.
History505
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 02:29:54 PM »

Governor Bush in Davenport, Iowa

Governor Bush visited Davenport, Iowa to talk about how his executive experience distinguishes him from the rest of the field. He talked about how he plans to restore the moral values back to the country and his tax cut plan for economic growth. The audience seemed very pleased with his remarks during the 45 min stop.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 04:57:50 PM »

Orrin Hatch announces his presidential campaign in Salt Lake City

Senator Hatch focuses on Iowa and New Hampshire during this turn. His emphasis is on a return to normalcy after the Clinton years and his history of results in the Senate.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 05:25:39 PM »

Orrin Hatch Debate Answers

1. Thank you for giving me the chance to debate tonight. America needs change, and it needs change quickly. And I'm not just talking about legislation, I'm talking about the direction this country takes. We must move away from the party that has given us a President who has cared more about his sexual life than his country. That's why we need to vote for a Republican next year.

2. Our greatest threat right now would be terrorism, domestic and especially international. The World Trade Center attack of 1993 and the Oklahoma City bombing of 1995 are examples of the threat terrorism plays to the lives of Americans. To combat international terror, we must impose heavy sanctions on state sponsors of terrorism and target knows leaders such as Osama bin Laden.

3. Well, Bush and Dole lost in large part to the loss of votes to Ross Perot and other third parties. To get a better result, I will appeal to both the Republican base and voters who may have voted for a third party in 1996. I will also place a heavy emphasis on getting out the vote to defeat the Democrats.

4. By cutting both taxes and unnecessary government spending. The 1998 GOP budget is a good example of this. I led the push for a balanced budget amendment in the Senate, so that would be one of my main goals as President.

5. My focus during this campaign is to appeal to all Americans. I would be willing to ask what the so-called outsiders want during a Republican administration, and to listen to them while looking at policy.

6. Thank you to the party, the University of Delaware, and everyone watching this debate. I hope it gave you a good idea of my focuses as President. To everyone watching here and at home, I will continue to provide your voice.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 05:30:19 PM »

Turn Two
The Frontrunners are challenged
October 1st to October 31st

Clinton's Approval Rating
45%
47%
10%

General Election Polling
Republican: 45%
Democrats: 43%
10%

Democrats

RCP: Democratic Polling
Al Gore: 41%
Tom Daschle: 26%
Paul Wellstone: 17%
Undecided: 16%

Al Gore vanished from the trail in September and the other candidates have surged. Daschle has started to accept more of Clinton policies and has started to away former Gore supporters. Wellstone has continued to go to the left of Gore and though he didn't see as much of a surge national he did prove that his campaign targeted the early states has worked as he has surged in New Hampshire and Alaska. The real test for this field will come this month as they will have their first debate.

Republican

RCP: Republican Polling
George Bush: 21%
Pat Buchanan: 17%
Orrin Hatch: 15%
Jim Bunning: 8%
Ernie Fletcher: 6%
Undecided: 24%

Son of former President George Bush, Governor George W. Bush, announced his campaign in November. Soon after both John McCain of Arizona and Don Sundquist of Tennesee, McCain endorsed Bush but Orrin Hatch still earned much of McCain and Sundquist former supporters. Though the biggest gains were made by little-known congressmen Ernie Fletcher who surged 4% even though he decided to skip the debate.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 05:36:14 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2018, 07:06:49 PM by terp40hitch »

Endorsement From Turn One

Democrats
Tom Daschle:
Lt. Governor of Iowa Sally Predson
Des Moine Mayor Preston Daniels

Republicans
George Bush:
Senator of Arizona John McCain

Ernie Fletcher:
Rep. Fred Upton From Michigan
Rep. Ann Northup From Arizona

Jim Bunning
Rep. Ron Paul From Texas
Steve Forbes
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 05:59:49 PM »

Democrat State Polling

Alaska
Paul Wellstone: 31%
Al Gore: 29%
Tom Daschle: 14%
Undecided: 28%

Iowa
Al Gore: 33%
Tom Daschle: 29%
Paul Wellstone: 25%
Undecided: 13%

New Hampshire
Paul Wellstone: 32%
Tom Daschle: 27%
Al Gore: 26%
Undecided: 15%

Deleware
Al Gore: 36%
Tom Daschle: 25%
Paul Wellstone: 9%
Undecided: 33%

Republican State Polling

Alaska
Jim Bunning: 21%
Pat Buchanan: 16%
George Bush: 15%
Fred Thompson: 11%
Ernie Fetcher: 10%
Undecided: 17%

Iowa
George Bush: 23%
Fred Thompson: 16%
Jim Bunning: 15%
Ernie Fletcher: 11%
Pat Buchanan: 7%
Orrin Hatch: 6%
Undecided: 22%

New Hampshire
Pat Buchanan: 21%
Orrin Hatch: 20%
George Bush: 18%
Jim Bunning: 7%
Ernie Flecther: 0%
Undecided: 25%

Deleware
Fred Thompson: 20%
Jim Bunning: 19%
George Bush: 17%
Ernie Fletcher: 15%
Pat Buchanan: 13%
Orrin Hatch: 11%
Undecided: 5%
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 06:28:10 PM »

First Democratic Debate
Anchorage, Alaska
November 6th, 1999

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 08:12:01 PM »

Daschle debate answers

I'm truly honored to be here tonight, debating two of the best candidates we have to offer. I believe we can win next November with the right candidate, and I believe I am that candidate.

1. Multiple Presidents on both sides of the aisle, like George H.W Bush, Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter and John F Kennedy, declined to pursue a repeal of Glass-Steagall, and I won't either. If President Clinton, signs the Gramm-Leach-Billey Act, I will push for the reinstatement of Glass-Steagall, both as a Senator and, should I win, as President.

2. We need to realize that there likely won't be a strong third party candidate running, like there was the last two cycles, so we need a solid candidate, who can both turn out the base and who is moderate enough to carry independents. That isn't Vice-President Gore, and that certainly isn't Senator Wellstone. That's me.

3. I believe Republicans are and were complete hypocrites for demanding Clinton resign, and then impeaching him, over an affair he had with an intern. Remember, that both Newt Gingrich, one of the leading advocates of impeachment, and the man first tapped to replace him, Bob Livingston, and many other prominent Republicans have had affairs. So demanding impeachment or resignation seems out of line and hypocritical.

4. I think generally speaking, continuing most of the Clinton economic policies will do the trick of growing the economy. There is, of course, a dot-com bubble looming, and some regulation there might prevent that.

5. Even though my policies might not benefit Alaska, I will still be your President, your protector, and if the need calls for it, your comforter in chief. That's the necessary duty for any President, and I'll be honored to take on those roles.

I am honored to be on stage tonight, and I look forward to future debates.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2018, 09:30:49 AM »

Tom Daschle schedule

Tom Daschle spent the first week of October in Alaska, preparing for the debate, and the rest of the month with exception of the date of the Senate vote on the Gramm-Leach-Billey act, which he voted against, and Halloween, where he hosted a Halloween party for fellow Senators and their staffs, in either Iowa or New Hampshire.

His campaign was also pleased to receive the endorsements of of his South Dakota colleague Tim Johnson, and 1984 VP nominee Geraldine Ferraro.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2018, 01:13:50 PM »

Hatch spends the first week of the turn in Alaska. He campaigns on foreign policy and local Alaskan issues such as ANWR oil drilling. Hatch talks about the overthrow of Milosevic and the work he did in the Senate to oppose him.

Hatch spend the next two and a half weeks in New Hampshire. He stresses his economic policy and support for tax and spending cuts. He also receives the endorsement of Representative John Sununu. Finally, Hatch spends a few days in South Carolina.

Hatch receives endorsements from Sununu and Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2018, 09:13:51 PM »

Fred Thompson will drop out of the race and will endorse Pat Buchanan for president.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies