Rumored WV Senate R Primary (Harper): Jenkins 29, Blankenship 27, Morrisey 19
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:04:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  Rumored WV Senate R Primary (Harper): Jenkins 29, Blankenship 27, Morrisey 19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rumored WV Senate R Primary (Harper): Jenkins 29, Blankenship 27, Morrisey 19  (Read 3203 times)
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 06:32:38 PM »

Blankenship is billing himself as a leader in coal mining safety.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 06:34:39 PM »

MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 07:01:02 PM »

I think Manchin could break 60 against Blankenship.
Are you kidding? He could break 70 against Blankenship.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 10:41:11 AM »

Why would anyone vote for Don Blankenship? This doesn't seem realistic

Regardless of WV's current political climate, it is a closed primary state, making this especially surprising.  WV's GOP primary electorate is FAR from the same group that voted for Trump in 2016, and they have traditionally supported more establishment-minded candidates.

>Trump gets over 2/3 in WV Republican Primary
>apparently this is far from that same group

Per usual, I have no idea what point you're babbling about.  A lot of states' GOP primary voters supported Trump while otherwise supporting more establishment-minded candidates ... surely you can wrap your head around that.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2018, 03:41:26 PM »

Called it. I told you guys that all Blankenship had to do to transition from reviled to popular among Racist WV Hicks was to talk about how much he hates Muslim Obama and Crooked Hillary and how much he loves Trump. LOL, WV is so predictable.

And anyone saying he can't win the general clearly hasn't learned the lessons of 2016, particularly considering this is a state where the pussygrabber got nearly 70% of the vote.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2018, 05:39:48 PM »

Called it. I told you guys that all Blankenship had to do to transition from reviled to popular among Racist WV Hicks was to talk about how much he hates Muslim Obama and Crooked Hillary and how much he loves Trump. LOL, WV is so predictable.

And anyone saying he can't win the general clearly hasn't learned the lessons of 2016, particularly considering this is a state where the pussygrabber got nearly 70% of the vote.
Welcome back!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2018, 05:50:02 PM »

But to be fair, the primary was basically over when WV voted.  He only would have gotten, eh, mid 60s in a competitive election.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2018, 05:52:57 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2018, 06:49:57 PM by BernieBro »

Why would anyone vote for Don Blankenship? This doesn't seem realistic

Regardless of WV's current political climate, it is a closed primary state, making this especially surprising.  WV's GOP primary electorate is FAR from the same group that voted for Trump in 2016, and they have traditionally supported more establishment-minded candidates.

>Trump gets over 2/3 in WV Republican Primary
>apparently this is far from that same group

Per usual, I have no idea what point you're babbling about.  A lot of states' GOP primary voters supported Trump while otherwise supporting more establishment-minded candidates ... surely you can wrap your head around that.
Dude, give it up okay. First of all, like you said, WV is semi-closed, so no democrats could vote(As in, people who are dems in name only.) So while it may have been more establishment in the past, it's now starting to consist of a lot of ex-democrats.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies