Division-A 2020 Election Game (Signup, Rules and OOC Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:46:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Division-A 2020 Election Game (Signup, Rules and OOC Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Division-A 2020 Election Game (Signup, Rules and OOC Thread)  (Read 28472 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 29, 2018, 12:27:51 AM »

I hate playing in two games at once...but I want to see this game succeed...

I'll take a page from HCP's book and play as Michelle Obama... I think.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 11:02:49 PM »

Assuming you'll allow me too... I'll steal a page from HCP's book in the 2012 game, and play as Michelle Obama.

This may mean I won't be able to continue much longer in the 2012 game...but since this game isn't starting for a while yet, I feel comfortable staking out a character now.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »

Michelle Obama-Hope and Change, Part Two

In the past four years, my husband's legacy has been under assault by a corrupt plutocrat and his cronies on Capitol Hill. We haven't come this far, to turn back from the promise of health care for all who need it, reproductive rights for everyone, and marriage equality. Last Election, I said that when they go low, we go high...well unfortunately, with who we have in the White House, we have to adapt, and adapt I will.

As President, I will fight not only to protect my husband's legacy, but to bring America forward into the twenty-first century on issues like voting rights, race relations, and gender equality.

I look forward to the campaign ahead, and I hope to see you all on the trail.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 01:13:20 PM »

Chelsea Clinton-Fighting for Change!

Hello America, If you don't know me, I'm Chelsea Clinton first Child of President Bill Clinton and Sec. Hillary Clinton, I am for everyone, Coal Miners, Collage Students, Liberals,Progressives,Moderates,Teachers,Conservatives,Minorities,African Americans, and lets make this a campaign for everyone!
Cheers

Okay, so we have Michelle Obama, and Chelsea Clinton? Why am I having flashbacks to 2008?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 10:34:42 PM »

I think everyone except Jaguar and New Tennessean Politician are done with the 2012 game now...so we probably can begin whenever you are ready.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 10:37:14 PM »

I think everyone except Jaguar and New Tennessean Politician are done with the 2012 game now...so we probably can begin whenever you are ready.
Let's wait until the game ends

You know, I'd say the same thing if I was the nominee...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 03:58:04 PM »

When will this start? Chelsea Clinton is getting sick of waiting

I suspect the other election game is dead. Wxtransit hasn't updated in about two weeks.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 12:10:33 PM »

When will this start? Chelsea Clinton is getting sick of waiting
Since the 2012 game is officially over, I will start this tomorrow night at 6 if this works with everyone

6 tonight is fine with me.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 08:14:15 PM »

Is everything like OTL? as in the Timeline of Events? and what of the Russia Collusion Investigation? What became of it?
I will lay out a timeline and current cabinet but the Russian investigators locked up Paul Manafort but it is basically where it is now and Trump still hasn’t taken an interview with Mueller

alright
If you get positive news I am going to let Trump have an interview

Maybe that should be negative instead? An interview with Mueller probably doesn't help Trump, especially during a campaign.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 08:16:43 PM »

Is everything like OTL? as in the Timeline of Events? and what of the Russia Collusion Investigation? What became of it?
I will lay out a timeline and current cabinet but the Russian investigators locked up Paul Manafort but it is basically where it is now and Trump still hasn’t taken an interview with Mueller

alright

k

alright

Maybe that should be negative instead? An interview with Mueller probably doesn't help Trump, especially during a campaign.

Not Necessarily. A positive and successful interview could mean great things for the Trump Campaign

And given Trump is well, Trump, that interview probably wouldn't be positive. Odds are he'd incriminate himself in an interview with Mueller, which is why hasn't had one yet.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 04:27:52 PM »

I want to play as Ted Cruz.

If I can't play as Ted Cruz, I will play as Bernie Sanders.

Think you can make a few more posts elsewhere on the forum? Some of us would like our players to be dedicated to the game.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 07:45:47 PM »

Well thoughts on my campaign? I wanna give props to Tennessee for being a good Trump player and whoevers playing Obama for doing a good job

I'm Obama.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 03:34:26 PM »

I wonder what the turn will look like, also Clark makes sense, but would Kerry? Delaney seems like a joke I think i'd go with like Clark and some Representative
Oh, Delaney is no joke. I think you underestimate my power

I can't see Kerry endorsing Delaney.

Someone like O'Malley on the other hand might.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 11:45:20 PM »

Is there only a Republican debate, or is there also a Democratic debate?

I know Im just fixating on a foreign possibility. One of the main reasons I want Trump to lose is to see The_Donald just be livid.

Honestly, in a general, I'd rather face a corrupt and unpopular Trump than a relatively clean and semi-scandal free Kasich.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 03:15:22 PM »

Do we have a new Trump and if not I have a plan.
I am actively trying to find a new Trump but what is your plan?

Muller gets him.

It's a little biased against the GOP, but it probably is the only reason Trump would drop out of the race.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 10:31:27 PM »

Are Iowa endorsements now unlocked, or is that next turn (i.e the turn of the caucuses?)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 06:52:27 PM »

While normally I would frown upon Jaguar using his characters for in-game events...being elected to the MLB Hall of Fame should have nothing to do with politics, so therefore I think it should be allowed.

BTW, Ishan, did you ask for Bill and Hillary Clinton? I asked for Barack Obama...and while don't think Bill/Hillary wouldn't endorse their daughter, I don't think it's fair for you to use such prominent surrogates without asking.

Sasha and Malia on the other hand, are another story because they've never been elected to public office, I suppose...but if someone else wanted their endorsement, I apologize for already using them.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2018, 07:38:31 PM »

While normally I would frown upon Jaguar using his characters for in-game events...being elected to the MLB Hall of Fame should have nothing to do with politics, so therefore I think it should be allowed.

BTW, Ishan, did you ask for Bill and Hillary Clinton? I asked for Barack Obama...and while don't think Bill/Hillary wouldn't endorse their daughter, I don't think it's fair for you to use such prominent surrogates without asking.

Sasha and Malia on the other hand, are another story because they've never been elected to public office, I suppose...but if someone else wanted their endorsement, I apologize for already using them.
There is an extension till tomorrow

Also, Ishan has yet to get the endorsements of either Hillary or bill because he has yet ask for them.

For the Jeter, I felt it was very possible and I don’t think it will help him too much political

He's already using them...so could you either officially grant the endorsements, or tell him to edit his post?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 07:42:21 PM »

Also, Ishan has yet to get the endorsements of either Hillary or bill because he has yet ask for them.

For the Jeter, I felt it was very possible and I don’t think it will help him too much political

He's already using them...so could you either officially grant the endorsements, or tell him to edit his post?
I am going to let him keep it but I will make Clinton be endorsed by the Clinton next turn which means those are his only two for next turn

That seems fair.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2018, 08:43:20 PM »

Sorry but my endorsements are Carol Shea Porter and Maggie Hassan, I was tired
You can have those, even though I don't want to give New Hampshire statewide endorsements out yet, but the Clinton's are your next turns endorsments

If you really don't want him to have New Hampshire endorsements yet, then he should also get Hassan in addition to the Clinton's next turn, IMO.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2018, 10:26:44 PM »

Umm... Delaney getting 18% percent in an Iowa Caucus exit poll against Biden, Michelle Obama, Sherrod Brown and Kirsten Gillibrand seems off to me...let alone getting anywhere near 18% in the caucus itself...

He'd never get anywhere near there in real life. If he wins the nomination (in this TL or in real life), I'll change my signature to picture of Delaney's face for a week.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2018, 08:01:26 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2018, 08:14:47 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Still think Mueller should get him.

I actually think Mueller getting him would help Kasich in November, assuming Democrats nominate, say...Jeter or Chelsea Clinton.

EDIT:  Or we could kill Trump off (Heart Attack, let's say) and have someone play as Pence.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2018, 09:03:27 PM »

Still think Mueller should get him.

I actually think Mueller getting him would help Kasich in November, assuming Democrats nominate, say...Jeter or Chelsea Clinton.

EDIT:  Or we could kill Trump off (Heart Attack, let's say) and have someone play as Pence.
Trump will remain president through the election but I will find another reason for him to drop out

I second with  Muller getting Trump and having Pence replace him

Being honest, Trump dying would be more fair, as it would provide the Republicans with a boost that may or may not be temporary.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2018, 09:44:04 PM »

I can't be the only person think Biden is killing himself with the schedule he's doing.

I'm pretty eighty events in one week is not good for his health at his age.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2018, 08:05:27 PM »

New Endorsements for Michelle Obama

Matthew McConaughey  (D-CA)

McConaughey will be campaigning in California and Nevada

Senator Tammy Duckworth (D-IL)

Duckworth will be campaigning in Illinois, Nevada and South Carolina

Other Endorsements

Barack Obama will be campaigning in South Carolina and Nevada

John Lewis will be campaigning in South Carolina

Jim Clyburn will be campaigning in South Carolina

Tom Harkin will be campaigning in Nevada

Maggie Hassan will be campaigning in Nevada

Is that supposed to be a joke?

Because, it really is Gavin Newsom who's endorsing Obama.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies