The Unlikely Speaker - Parliamentary America in the Age of Rage
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:08:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Unlikely Speaker - Parliamentary America in the Age of Rage
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Unlikely Speaker - Parliamentary America in the Age of Rage  (Read 4008 times)
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 08:28:23 AM »

Who's representing Charlotte?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2018, 12:00:08 PM »

I'd be down to help fill in some MC's once a map is made. Since the House is (presumably) more powerful, a lot of Senators might stay in the House as opposed to the Senate.
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna need help with that. As mentioned, Susan Collins represents what is basically ME-02, so Bruce Poliquin is out already.

Maybe i should go in and name all the districts, UK style, once they're done.

Also question: who represents SF? Feinstein or Pelosi?

Or perhaps even Newsom?
Pelosi; Feinstein represents Marin County and Kamala represents Oakland.

I'd argue you should just use either 538's fair maps or DKE's.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2018, 07:55:13 PM »

Alma Adams, Labor, Charlotte North
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2018, 07:59:02 PM »

I'd be down to help fill in some MC's once a map is made. Since the House is (presumably) more powerful, a lot of Senators might stay in the House as opposed to the Senate.
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna need help with that. As mentioned, Susan Collins represents what is basically ME-02, so Bruce Poliquin is out already.

Or perhaps even Newsom?

Can you link me to the 538 one? I googled but couldn't find it, don't know if I'm searching for the right one.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2018, 08:08:54 PM »

Or perhaps even Newsom?

Can you link me to the 538 one? I googled but couldn't find it, don't know if I'm searching for the right one.

I think this is the 538 one:  https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/redistricting-maps/
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2018, 08:15:31 PM »

Thanks!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 08:28:11 PM »

Donald

Donald never asked for this.

He merely wanted attention. He had grown bored, now that most of his kids were adults and off running their own enterprises. He had initially been excited about a black Speaker...back in 2010, he was a member of the Labor Party after all. But he saw the rage that was building against Speaker Obama immediately after his inauguration. He saw the by-election defeats. He knew he could make a quick buck off of racial animosity.

The Conservative government of Dubya had wrecked the economy, but it wasn't improving quickly under Obama. Donald thought that if he could rile up the masses a little bit, he could make some money. Hell, he actually wanted to serve in parliament, at least for a little while, even if he did have to leave his beloved Manhattan for that hellhole Staten Island. Grimm was more than willing to defect from the Conservatives to Donald's nascent movement.

Donald never expected to take off. He loved the campaigning, but most of his candidates were idiots or sycophants. He figured he'd get 50 at most, resign a few months into the new term, bask in his self-made glory.

Now he was sitting in the Naval Observatory, waiting for President Hatch to name him informateur for the next American government.

Paul Ryan was such a pushover, he didn't even try to lead the government. Sessions was already behind Donald. The "negotiations" were mostly Bannon listing his demands to Ryan and Sessions and them acquiescing obsequiously.

Donald watched as President Hatch's attractive blonde secretary strode up to him.

"The President will see you now, Mr. Trump."
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2018, 12:59:13 PM »

Adam

Member for Burbank and recently-confirmed Interim Leader of the Labor Party, Adam Schiff should've been happy. Trump's approvals were record-low for an incoming Speaker, and the "coalition of chaos" spin was already resonating with the public, too.

But something didn't sit right.

The polls showed Trump was on course for maybe 60 seats, at most. How did he surge so spectacularly? How did the PRs and Center fall so dramatically? How did normally reliable polling go so wrong.

And then there was the Stone and Manafort connection. The rumors of Russian business connections. The outright praise for Putin on the campaign trail.

Adam knew the party couldn't make the same mistakes it did during Dubya's first term. "Allow the Speaker to govern," Bill Clinton and Lloyd Bentsen told the Labor caucus. But Adam knew that strenuous opposition was the only option for Labor...and the best choice for his forthcoming campaign.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2018, 08:19:47 PM »

Another amazing timeline from that huge FF MAINEiac4434!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2018, 05:48:33 PM »

Excerpt from Chapo Trap House episode 101: "Labor Pains"

WILL MENAKER: Okay, so moving on now to the Labor leadership race...interim leader Adam Schiff has stepped away from the role of 'interim leader' and will run to be permanent leader of the Labor Party...and I just think, between him, Schumer, fucking Jon Tester...this is the opposition? This is who's standing up against fascism in America?

MATT CHRISTMAN: Yeah, this is the opposition. Adam Schiff, who can't get hard without going in front of a camera and screaming PUTIN at the top of his lungs, Jon Tester, who needs to consult with 42 energy lobbyists before deciding how to stand on an issue and Chuck Schumer who thinks the worst thing about the Trump speakership is that "the real problems is that Donald Trump and I aren't friends anymore." We are fucked.

WM: Yeah, just like three of the most just evil, fraudulent cretins in the Labor Party are standing here. But don't forget the ladies! Apparently Kamala Harris is thinking about running--

AMBER FROST: Yeah, brilliant. When so much energy on the left, including in the Labor Party, is in the movement to reform the justice system and hold police more accountable for their actions, let's put a prosecutor in charge. This will work out well.

WM: ...Claire McCaskill is thinking about it--

FELIX BIEDERMAN: Yeah if there's one thing that 2016 proved, it's that how much this country loves rich centrist blonde ladies. Wasn't McCaskill like one of Hillary's top surrogates? If Labor picks her they're basically just saying "hahaha we've learned nothing let's give TRUMP a majority without the Tories and Dems!"

WM: Liz Warren might do it...

MC: Liz Warren is the only not despicable person here, which means she's totally screwed.

AF: And we say "not despicable" because she has somewhat reasonable positions on things like ICE and Wall Street and healthcare, but when it comes to foreign policy she's basically Hillary. There's no discernible difference between them on foreign policy.

WM: I'm not sure that's quite fair to Warren, I mean I agree that she's not going to make life any better for like Syrians and Palestinians, but I doubt she'll like lead in an invasion of Syria and she's spoken against drone warfare in the past.

MC: And we have to think about Labor's Overton Window, which is so far right on foreign policy...Barbara Boxer couldn't get 60 other Labor MCs to join her in voting against the Iraq War. I mean the Labor Party's owners are willing to tolerate someone who makes the right noises on healthcare and immigration but they absolutely will not accept anyone who cuts into Northrupp Grumman's profit margins.

FB: So, yeah, Liz Warren is probably the best choice out of this shitfest, but it's like being the least racist member of the TRUMP party at this point, like it's not a big accomplishment when your competition is this bad.

AF: So here's how the race is going to go. Liz Warren is going to get a commanding lead on the first ballot, but absolutely none of the other candidates' supporters will back her second, or third, or fourth. So slowly they will unite around Russia Boy or someone, and they'll beat her on the final ballot.

WM: Yeah, you're probably right Amber. And then, because it's Liz Warren and she wilts when going against party bosses, she's going to give a rousing speech supporting fucking Jon Tester or whoever. This is the person that a lot of naive people who were backing Bernie in the 2015-16 leadership election were just waiting with bated breath for Liz Warren to come out and support Bernie and propel him to the White House, and she never did it. She stayed on the fence, and Bernie lost, and that was that.

MC: And this is the favorite of the rump left of the Labor Party.

FB: And that's another thing! She could've joined Bernie's party, like Pramila Jayapal and Raul Grijalva, and instead she took potshots at it for the entire campaign season!

AF: This just shows what dire straits the American left is in, and particularly those on the left who inexplicably remain in the Labor Party. It's not for leftists. It's for corporate candidates, it's for pro-war candidates, it's for the softest, most feckless pro-union and pro-diversity candidates. It's a liberal party, and has been since at least Bill Clinton.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2018, 03:18:29 AM »

Wow these three are a mess lol. I'd rather have Trump than a progressive movement that looks like them.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2018, 02:21:21 PM »

Is this going to continue?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies