The Unlikely Speaker - Parliamentary America in the Age of Rage (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:58:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Unlikely Speaker - Parliamentary America in the Age of Rage (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Unlikely Speaker - Parliamentary America in the Age of Rage  (Read 4043 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« on: March 13, 2018, 12:30:55 PM »

Oh this is gonna be great.  I can't wait to see the map for this world.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 05:44:08 PM »

I'll say again I'd love to see a map, and I'm willing to help with it if you were willing to make one.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 06:32:40 PM »

I'll say again I'd love to see a map, and I'm willing to help with it if you were willing to make one.
I'd need all the help I could get...
i'd like to help too, if I can... after all, I'm almost done with my 1000 districts maps (only PR and VI combined left) and i'm too damn lazy to actually upload them.

You could help create those Extra 102 districts we'd need, or we could just make it so there are 102 PR MPs and 436 Constituencies
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 06:42:18 PM »

I'd need all the help I could get...
i'd like to help too, if I can... after all, I'm almost done with my 1000 districts maps (only PR and VI combined left) and i'm too damn lazy to actually upload them.

You could help create those Extra 102 districts we'd need, or we could just make it so there are 102 PR MPs and 436 Constituencies
My plan is based off the current congressional districts, plus DC. But because the state's don't quite function the way they do in real life, we could perhaps "ungerrymander" the seats..?
Ok wait, 538 Seats Total Right, or 436?  And you'd mean like they'd all be ungerrymandered and generally even overall? 
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 07:43:20 AM »

I'm very interested to see what happens with States in this TL.  I want to know what Happened to Rauner mainly Tongue

Also, if I could make a request, could Dan Lipinski's District be named "Tinley Park?"  If you have Dan Lipinski survive 2016 that is Tongue
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 08:08:54 PM »

I'd be down to help fill in some MC's once a map is made. Since the House is (presumably) more powerful, a lot of Senators might stay in the House as opposed to the Senate.
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna need help with that. As mentioned, Susan Collins represents what is basically ME-02, so Bruce Poliquin is out already.

Maybe i should go in and name all the districts, UK style, once they're done.

Also question: who represents SF? Feinstein or Pelosi?

Or perhaps even Newsom?
Pelosi; Feinstein represents Marin County and Kamala represents Oakland.

I'd argue you should just use either 538's fair maps or DKE's.
Can you link me to the 538 one? I googled but couldn't find it, don't know if I'm searching for the right one.

I think this is the 538 one:  https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/redistricting-maps/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies