Ask Senator Thunder Anything Town Hall
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:28:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ask Senator Thunder Anything Town Hall
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ask Senator Thunder Anything Town Hall  (Read 899 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 24, 2018, 01:51:47 PM »

Senator Thunder goes to Cincinnati, OH to do a town hall.

With all the recent events happening in Atlasia, I believe it is time to give you all, the people, the opportunity to ask me anything that concerns you as well as recommend some stuff that you would like for me to address in the Senate.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 03:04:50 PM »

Would.you support a small business tax.cut?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 03:25:27 PM »

How can we stop the dreadful attempts to limit dual office holding and letters of marque?

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 03:48:36 PM »

On dual officeholding, are you going to see that regions can still have one person have two different title or offices for Speaker, election administrator, Lieutenant Governor, or title used in Caninet offices (Secretary) ? I see the problem of dual officeholder at the federal level. 
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 04:15:27 PM »

What if Quantum Leap still on TV?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 05:28:01 PM »

Would you support spending $500 billion on infrastructure to reduce unemployment?
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 06:20:45 PM »

What is your opinion of a tiered gun licensing system such as the one recently passed in Lincoln?
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 09:01:26 PM »

Senator, its Senatah right?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 07:31:42 PM »

Would you support a tough gun control law?

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 12:41:39 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2018, 01:34:19 AM by Senator LouisvilleThunder »

Wow, just look at this huge crowd coming to ask me questions! Unbelievable!

I absolutely would support a small business tax cut in order to stimulate our economy and create jobs, as I believe that we should put small business at the forefront of our efforts to help our country's economy succeed as they are the key to helping Main Street Atlasia succeed in the future.

How can we stop the dreadful attempts to limit dual office holding and letters of marque?
Regarding dual officeholding, I believe that ideally it should be avoided as there are plenty of active Atlasians who can be reached out to join our government, but realistically, sometimes dual officeholding is necessary as we have a limited active population who would be willing to enact the agendas of our executives and serve our country competently. I think the President should make an appropriate judgement regarding this whenever he or she has an appointment opportunity. I believe that the House should have a thorough debate on it and possibly amend the amendment that passed the House to allow regional officials in addition to members of Congress to serve on the President's cabinet. Regarding letters of marque, I think that while it may seem like an antiquated part of our constitution, there is a valid use for them as they can be useful in certain emergency situations where it would be more efficient and effective to defend our citizens from piracy and skyjacking where it would more difficult to fight these rogue terrorist and pirate groups through traditional military means. Therefore, I would oppose repealing it from the Constitution.

On dual officeholding, are you going to see that regions can still have one person have two different title or offices for Speaker, election administrator, Lieutenant Governor, or title used in Caninet offices (Secretary) ? I see the problem of dual officeholder at the federal level. 
I think that regions should have every right to determine how they organize the mechanics of the operation of their governments, but I personally believe that it would be foolish for my own region of Lincoln to ban people from holding more than one title within the regional government.

I'm sure that if all of us Atlasians are able to be entertained by Quantum Leap, we would be experiencing world peace and universal happiness dancing around and singing Kum-Ba-Ya while praising the eternal Atlasian Consensus just as Scott Bakula magically shows up and makes Jeb! president who will make every man a queen! Cheesy

Would you support spending $500 billion on infrastructure to reduce unemployment?
I am definitely open to improving our infrastructure as reducing unemployment is an issue that I take seriously. However, in order to get this done, we should cut wasteful spending while raising some revenue in ways that would not cause harm to Main Street Atlasia in order to help cut our deficit as I'm all for making government work better and smarter for you as we need quality infrastructure to facilitate growth in the future.

What is your opinion of a tiered gun licensing system such as the one recently passed in Lincoln?
I don't like the tiered licensing system passed in Lincoln, as it does not really do anything to truly combat gun violence since most gun deaths are the result of handguns which have the fewest restrictions as its ranked in the lowest tier. Also, the details and the general approach in the bill can be worded better in order to clarify the parameters of the psychological testing in order to prevent wrongful abuse of people's civil liberties and limit costs in order to take care of the swamping of our mental healthcare infrastructure due to this bill while the licensing should be fully-covered for at least our lowest income gun purchasers as the bill does feature a regressive tax on the poor.

I ain't too familiar with that New Yawker tawk, but you can cawl me whatevah. Tongue

Would you support a tough gun control law?
My stance on guns is that I'm all about a policy that will be truly effective in preventing gun violence in order to protect our people's lives while also protecting people's civil liberties from being needlessly stripped in a moment of mass hysteria following a tragedy. That's why I support a sensible policy of universal background checks, waiting periods, banning bump stocks, fair licensing in order to purchase and carry firearms, as well as improvements in providing access to our mental healthcare services in order to truly tackle the heart of this issue, as I believe that banning assault rifles completely would only create more problems as it would create a black market for them, and more violence would ensue as it's only in the Atlasian psyche to disregard prohibitions on harmful items, so I think regulating the sales of assault weapons is the best approach.

Thank you all for asking these great questions. I'm hungry to answer some more!
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 09:42:33 AM »

Senator, may I ask how you'll vote on Pericles' college bill?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 10:24:01 PM »

Context for this question is an excerpt from a conversation back in January, where me and Bagel were crapping on each other respectfully debating, a (now more or less irrelevant) discussion in which (potentially relevant) elements were added by yourself, Senator:

02:18:40: <leinad> you are a Proud Defender Of Your Right To Not Have Other People Be Trans
02:19:05: <Bagel23> I would not say that Leinad, I would say that I am for limiting their rights ok?
02:19:17: <Bagel23> and throwing a couple verbal jabs for fun
02:19:17: <leinad> i.e. you're an a****** lol
02:19:59: <LouisvilleThunder> who cares about transgenders anyway
02:20:13: <Bagel23> yeah really
02:20:47: <LouisvilleThunder> why go through the effort of "taking away their rights" for the hell of it

Even in context, saying "who cares about transgenders" seems grossly insensitive, no? Is this a position you still hold? If so, what changed your mind? And what does this say about our ability to trust you, if you write off the rights of entire segments of Atlasians for the sake of appeasing a narcissistic 15-year-old?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 04:52:31 PM »

Context for this question is an excerpt from a conversation back in January, where me and Bagel were crapping on each other respectfully debating, a (now more or less irrelevant) discussion in which (potentially relevant) elements were added by yourself, Senator:

02:18:40: <leinad> you are a Proud Defender Of Your Right To Not Have Other People Be Trans
02:19:05: <Bagel23> I would not say that Leinad, I would say that I am for limiting their rights ok?
02:19:17: <Bagel23> and throwing a couple verbal jabs for fun
02:19:17: <leinad> i.e. you're an a****** lol
02:19:59: <LouisvilleThunder> who cares about transgenders anyway
02:20:13: <Bagel23> yeah really
02:20:47: <LouisvilleThunder> why go through the effort of "taking away their rights" for the hell of it

Even in context, saying "who cares about transgenders" seems grossly insensitive, no? Is this a position you still hold? If so, what changed your mind? And what does this say about our ability to trust you, if you write off the rights of entire segments of Atlasians for the sake of appeasing a narcissistic 15-year-old?
I think you are underestimating the context's importance. He is basically just saying, who cares they are transgender, leave them alone
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 07:41:34 PM »

I have a question, Senator, mostly pertaining to this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Do you believe it's responsible to vote for a bill which you yourself have described as flawed and pass the buck to the House of Representatives despite the particular bill not being fiscally sound?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 08:27:22 PM »

Senator, I have another question. It was brought to my attention that you appear to have been rather vocal in either insulting me or attacking my performance as PPT on Discord.

I find this most curious, considering that you have never approached me with such concerns or criticisms despite us being Senators (and you being my Deputy), nor have you uttered those words in a place in which I can actually respond to them considering my absence from Discord.

Would you be so kind as to provide a reasonable explanation for this?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies