How do some liberals/Democrats protect themselves without a gun? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:39:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How do some liberals/Democrats protect themselves without a gun? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do some liberals/Democrats protect themselves without a gun?  (Read 8141 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: March 17, 2018, 08:40:43 AM »

Never touched a gun (beyond a little bit of target shooting in Scouts) and never will. The idea of needing "protection" is just not something that has entered my mind. Possibly one of those brain chemistry differences between conservatives and liberals.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 02:10:42 PM »

I’ve never owned or touched a gun.  My family never locked our doors growing up.  And when we were robbed through a vague personal connection, the thieves were caught and sent to prison and we received restitution. 
The OP in this thread is so alien to me and represents a sad, unhealthy world view.  Take a chill pill and lay off the guns, dude.

If you were robbed, one reason you were robbed was that the robber(s) believed that you and your family (A) were unarmed, or (B) did not have the willingness or ability to use their gun.

It takes moxie to rob someone who's armed and most criminals aren't up to that.

>>Assigning rational and logical thought to criminals
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 02:12:22 PM »

Never touched a gun (beyond a little bit of target shooting in Scouts) and never will. The idea of needing "protection" is just not something that has entered my mind. Possibly one of those brain chemistry differences between conservatives and liberals.
You think the world is a playground of peace, don't you?
The odds that I would ever need a gun to save my life are very, very small. I try to approach life as rationally as mathematically as possible, unlike the emotionals on the pro-gun side.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 06:41:47 PM »

I'm not playing your NRA game of semantics.
That's all you gun freaks do.
Just understand that you, and your freaky kind, are in the minority and will be more and more so, as time passes (and unfortunately, as more and more people are slaughtered in horrible mass shootings).
Call your "style of acceptable" guns what you want, you can refer and classify them as pea-shooters for all I care, it makes no difference.
Sorry, but you're arguing on pure emotion, and not fact.

Sorry, but the entire MO of the NRA and other hardcore gun nuts is emotion, not fact.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 09:28:39 PM »

I'm not playing your NRA game of semantics.
That's all you gun freaks do.
Just understand that you, and your freaky kind, are in the minority and will be more and more so, as time passes (and unfortunately, as more and more people are slaughtered in horrible mass shootings).
Call your "style of acceptable" guns what you want, you can refer and classify them as pea-shooters for all I care, it makes no difference.
Sorry, but you're arguing on pure emotion, and not fact.

Sorry, but the entire MO of the NRA and other hardcore gun nuts is emotion, not fact.

anti-gun people are much worse about this tbh.

Nah you meant tbd not tbh
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies