How do some liberals/Democrats protect themselves without a gun? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:16:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How do some liberals/Democrats protect themselves without a gun? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do some liberals/Democrats protect themselves without a gun?  (Read 8186 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« on: March 18, 2018, 06:31:06 PM »

I don't own a home so this isn't really applicable to me, but I have never once thought wow I really wish I had a gun right now. Obviously all it takes is once, but I've been to the south side of Chicago and basically everywhere in Seattle. As long as you're not travelling down alleys, walking late at night, or carrying expensive things in plain sight, you're not likely to be in any danger. Besides, almost no one is saying to ban all guns. They're just saying that there was never a home invasion or any other self defense situation which would've been improved by a law abiding citizen holding an AR-15 rifle as opposed to, say, a shotgun.

There's no reason AR-15s shouldn't be banned. There's no reason not to ensure that only adults can buy a firearm. There's no reason why the mentally I'll should be able to buy a gun.

This isn't governmental 'control' or overreach. It's common sense. You can be a libertarian and believe that government still has some place in keeping military grade weapons out of civilian life.

The ar15 is easier to aim than a shotgun and it's generally lighter too. Much better for the novice shooter. The larger magazine is beneficial since you can miss a few times and still shoot the bad guy.

Alternatively I suppose the womenfolk can simply vomit, urinate, or fart on the rapists. Some colorado college suggested that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies