Actress Cynthia Nixon of Sex and the City to run for NY Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:15:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Actress Cynthia Nixon of Sex and the City to run for NY Governor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36
Author Topic: Actress Cynthia Nixon of Sex and the City to run for NY Governor  (Read 76781 times)
DemocraticKing
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2018, 09:41:14 AM »

WFP just haaad to endorse Nixon, so they managed to destroy themselves. Was it really worth it for Nixon's 35%?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2018, 09:55:28 AM »

WFP just haaad to endorse Nixon, so they managed to destroy themselves. Was it really worth it for Nixon's 35%?
The activists would’ve defected the party if they re-endorsed Cuomo. It barely survived endorsing Cuomo over Teachout in 2014.

If if the WFP re-endorsed Cuomo it would’ve just become another Cuomo shell Party like WEP and Independence.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2018, 09:58:04 AM »

WFP proved it's not a puppet of Cuomo and his mini machine.

Nixon should be able to break 40% in the Primary now, and should most likely go for the GE.  I wonder what will happen with Howie Hawkins now though.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2018, 10:12:39 AM »

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2018/04/14/working-families-party-endorses-cynthia-nixon-over-andrew-cuomo-365

It's official, the Working Families Party endorsed Nixon...and Jumaane Williams for Lieutenant Governor.
Kodak
United States

« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2018, 03:33:04 PM »

New York state politics seems weird as f**k. Very entertaining.
New York's politics would be about as infuriating as Illinois' or New Jersey's if not for the fact that third parties only need to get 50,000 votes in a gubernatorial election to qualify for ballot access everywhere. This means that every few elections, someone will astroturf a new party or activists will start a new one, and after the election, it will be taken over by opportunists who do what they want with it.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2018, 03:35:11 PM »

New York's politics would be about as infuriating as Illinois' or New Jersey's if not for the fact that third parties only need to get 50,000 votes in a gubernatorial election to qualify for ballot access everywhere. This means that every few elections, someone will astroturf a new party or activists will start a new one, and after the election, it will be taken over by opportunists who do what they want with it.

Does anyone remember the STOP COMMON CORE Party?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2018, 04:36:34 PM »

It got 51,000 votes. Technically still has ballot access.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2018, 04:39:49 PM »

Cuomo is losing it
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2018, 04:40:04 PM »

Speaking of which, why is Common Core still a thing? It seems like one of the actually really bad things that Obama did is also one of the only things that Trump didn't immediately try to repeal.
Duke of York

« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2018, 07:35:53 PM »

if Cuomo wins the Democratic primary she should drop out of the race. She could get enough votes in the general to allow a Republican to slip through.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2018, 07:43:23 PM »

What about Staten Island? Who will win it in the primary?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2018, 07:44:37 PM »

if Cuomo wins the Democratic primary she should drop out of the race. She could get enough votes in the general to allow a Republican to slip through.
At this point, anyone's better than Cuomo. Even DeFrancisco. It's not going to matter if there's a Republican Governor because the Assembly and possibly the Senate will both be in Democratic hands.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2018, 07:45:28 PM »

What about Staten Island? Who will win it in the primary?

Cuomo easily.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2018, 07:47:41 PM »

Really? I thought that would be her best NY borough, as there are many "deplorable Democrats" living in that county.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2018, 07:49:21 PM »

Really? I thought that would be her best NY borough, as there are many "deplorable Democrats" living in that county.

Even if that is her best borough, I still think she'd lose. Those "deplorable Democrats" would probably back Cuomo in all honesty. Maybe I'm just cynical about Staten Island.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2018, 10:43:44 AM »

I feel confident in saying anyone who supports Andrew Cuomo is 100% unloved by anyone in this world, including themselves.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #191 on: April 16, 2018, 01:20:50 PM »

I feel confident in saying anyone who supports Andrew Cuomo is 100% unloved by anyone in this world, including themselves.

That reminds me of Trump's infamous "know more about Booker than he knows about himself" tweet:

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #192 on: April 16, 2018, 01:26:43 PM »

New York’s fusion system is so bizarre.

Anyways: Cuomo is horrible, and I wish Miner had taken him on instead of leaving it to Nixon. She could have given him a real run, I think.
Duke of York

« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2018, 02:50:08 PM »

is there going to be a primary for the Working Families line or is written in stone she will be nominee unless Nixon withdraws?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2018, 06:18:44 PM »

It seems odd to me that the Lt. Governor and Governor are voted on seperately in primaries yet together on the general ballot
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2018, 06:20:59 PM »

It seems odd to me that the Lt. Governor and Governor are voted on seperately in primaries yet together on the general ballot
That's done in several states. I like that system, since it ensures voters can pick the Lt. Gov. without having an unnecessary separate election.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2018, 08:25:31 PM »

is there going to be a primary for the Working Families line or is written in stone she will be nominee unless Nixon withdraws?
The WFP's nominees are Cynthia Nixon and Jumaane Williams.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2018, 09:41:11 PM »

The worst is probably the 2014 "Woman's Equality" party, some bullsh**t Cuomo came up with even though he had just stopped there from being the first woman governor.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2018, 10:07:31 PM »

I wonder what the odds are he'll try and use the unions to create another new party to support him and siphon votes away from the WFP. New York Labor Party?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2018, 10:51:16 PM »

I wonder what the odds are he'll try and use the unions to create another new party to support him and siphon votes away from the WFP. New York Labor Party?
Already has the WEP, which was his backup plan if the WFP endorsed Teachout in 2014.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies