The New Normal - A 2024 Election Game Sign-up, OOC, and Rules Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:51:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The New Normal - A 2024 Election Game Sign-up, OOC, and Rules Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The New Normal - A 2024 Election Game Sign-up, OOC, and Rules Thread  (Read 2010 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 21, 2018, 05:05:08 PM »

Game[/u][/i][/b]

2020 Result:

Pres. Trump (R-NY)/VP Pence (R-IN): 350/48.7%
Gov. Cuomo (D-NY)/Sen. Booker (D-NJ): 188/46.3%[/center]

Closest states were Minnesota (within 3 points), Michigan (within 2.5 points), Nevada (within 3.1 points), New Hampshire (within .6 points), Colorado (within .4 points), and PA (within 2 points)

2022 Senate Results:

57-43

House

260-178

Summary: After the Election of 2016, the polls showed President Trump behind every Democratic candidate except for a few outliers. Andrew Cuomo of New York was said outlier and due to a terrible performance by him and his running mate, Cory Booker of New Jersey, they lost the 2020 Election in a landslide. With President Trump's second term finished, the Republican party are split between Trumpists, Never-Trumpers, and Hardcore Conservative, each of which supporting a candidate with varying results. For the Democrats, with Senator Bernie Sanders announcing that he won't run, they are scrambling to find a candidate that will carry the same success as Sanders did though the idea is lacking somewhat. Due to how unnormal the Trump Presidency has been and how each candidate is strange in their own way, Journalists have dubbed this election: The New Normal.

Rules: 1. You can get 3 endorsements per turn. A player endorsement does not count as an endorsement. these endorsements can boost your polling a tad bit but don't expect them to carry you over. (PM me for Endorsement confirmation)

2. You can air ads depending on the circumstances: If you are polling 8-10% Nationally, you can air one ad. If you are polling more than 11% Nationally, you can air 2-4 ads.

3. Just like every other game, this Election Game will have three phases:

Primary Phase: Assuming campaign announcements to have come earlier in the year, this primary season will take us from September 2023 to June 2024, with players from the Democratic and Republican Parties fighting to emerge as the frontrunner or even the nominee of their respective parties.

Convention Phase: Both main parties will enter this phase to decide on their eventual nominee, although the gameplay will be very limited if a player has already won his respective nomination. Should a party lack a clear nominee, a gameplay system encouraging backroom deals as the ballots move forward will be put in place. (Takes place in the month of July)

General Election Phase: Taking us from August 13th to November 4th, 2024, with eight turns of a week to account for the final stage of the campaign as players play the Presidential and Vice-Presidential candidates, and potentially some key surrogates for their campaigns.

4. Debates are very important and may hurt or help you in the polls depending on whatever happens

5. Until the Early primaries, a Turn lasts the length of a month In-Game and is 96 Hours IRL. If a candidate hasn't posted what they deem necessary, they will be affected greatly in polling.

6. Like other games, I will use a number randomizer to determine positive and negative news for the candidates. 1-5 will be positive experiences (1 being great news) and 95-100 will be negative experiences (100 being terrible news). 6-94 will be no news. Real life news will also feature as part of the game for players to exploit (or influence).

7. Third Party candidates are allowed to join, but their respective gameplay will be focused on the General Election. The only exception is the Americans Elect Primaries, which may be a factor if a player wants to run for their nomination (thus making them more successful and relevant than in OTL).

8. If your candidate is not included in the provided list below, make sure to personal message me so that I can approve/reject the candidate. Please make your candidates realistic (they must be real people who would plausibly seek the nomination in 2024, if you don't know if they could work, just ask). Wink

9. Have fun.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 05:05:47 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2018, 08:29:01 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

CURRENT REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES:
Senator Ben Shapiro (R-AZ) [x-guy]
Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-WI) [NOTTYLER]

POSSIBLE REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES:
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)
Senator Bill Haslam (R-TN)
Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL)
Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)
Senator Charlie Baker (R-MA)
Governor Diane Black (R-TN)
Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT)
Secretary of State Nikki Haley (R-SC)

AMONG OTHERS

CURRENT DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES:

POSSIBLE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES:
Senator Phil Bredesen (D-TN)
Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA)
Senator Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY)
Representative John Delaney (D-MD)
Mrs. Oprah Winfrey (D-CA)
Representative Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI)
Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT)
Senator Tim Kaine (D-VA)

AMONG OTHERS

CURRENT INDEPENDENT CANDIDATES:
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 05:06:21 PM »

Primary Schedule: January 13th - Iowa Caucus

January 21st - New Hampshire Primary

January 27th - South Carolina Primary (R)

January 30th - Nevada Caucus (D)

February 4th - Nevada Caucus (R)

February 7th - South Carolina Primary (D)

February 11th - Tennessee Primary, Virginia Primary, Illinois Primary, Alabama Primary, Georgia Primary, MIssissippi Primary, Texas Primary, Colorado Primary (D), Minnesota Primary, Missouri Primary (R), Louisiana Primary, Arkansas Primary, Vermont Primary, Massachussetts Primary, Connecticut Primary (D), Oklahoma Primary (R)

February 14th - Hawaii Primary, Minnesota Primary, Colorado Primary (R), Missouri Primary (D), Guam Primary, U.S. Virgin Islands Primary, Oklahoma (D)

February 19th - Kansas Primary, Nebraska Primary, Michigan Primary, South Dakota Primary (D), Michigan Primary, Wisconsin Primary, Florida Primary, Pennsylvania Primary, New Jersey Primary, Delaware Primary, Maryland Primary, Connecticut Primary (R), Rhode Island Caucus, Maine Caucus

March 7th - Ohio Primary, South Dakota Primary (R), Idaho Primary (D)

March 16th - New York Caucus

March 21st - DC Primary (R), Montana Primary (R)

April 3rd - Montana Primary (D), Oregon Primary

April 23rd - Washington Primary, North Dakota Caucuses, Puerto Rico Primary

May 6th - Idaho Primary (R)

May 16th - Arizona Primary, New Mexico Primary, Kentucky Primary, Indiana Primary

May 23rd - West Virginia Primary, Alaska Primary

June 7th - Utah Primary, California Primary

June 17th - DC Primary (D)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 05:15:42 PM »

Phil Bredesen as a potential candidate?!
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 05:23:31 PM »

He is popular among the Conservatives in the party after he won the Senate seat in 2018
x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 05:25:15 PM »

I'll take Senator Shapiro! So what happens to him in this timeline? and how does he get so popular as a potential candidate?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 05:26:52 PM »

I'll take Senator Shapiro! So what happens to him in this timeline? and how does he get so popular as a potential candidate?

McCain still retires in 2022 and Ben Shapiro, seeing a large amount of support by Never Trumpers, runs for Senate in Arizona and wins with 59.54% of the vote
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 07:35:13 PM »

It isn't going to be played until after 2012 is either done or dead. I'm just taking players
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 08:16:56 PM »

He is popular among the Conservatives in the party after he won the Senate seat in 2018
But he's 80.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 08:22:17 PM »

But he's 80.

Biden was closing in on 80 in 2020 but he was still a possible candidate in that Election. Does that mean he's a Front-runner choice or an actual Candidate? No, he's just being considered
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 08:40:24 PM »

You should do 2020, not 2024, since 2024 is to far out to guess what will happen and it is basically more of a fantasy  game (PS: How could a Dem Lose in 2020 no matter how bad there campaign was)
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 08:44:09 PM »

You should do 2020, not 2024, since 2024 is to far out to guess what will happen and it is basically more of a fantasy  game (PS: How could a Dem Lose in 2020 no matter how bad there campaign was)

I have a feeling that most people want a 2020 Game if only to simply crush Trump so I'm doing something different. (Trump running is a lot different than Trump in the white house. Being a Trump supporter and taking in a lot of factors, Trump wins Re-election. Also, deal with it for the scenario. Don't like, Don't try).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 08:48:02 PM »

Outside view, but wouldn't it make sense to make a 2020 scenario in which Hillary was elected and serves only one term? That would give you a more familiar landscape and issues, and the GOP and Dem races would still be wide open on account of VP Kaine not being particularly inspiring. It even allows for candidates like Trump to try a second time.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 12:48:43 AM »

Outside view, but wouldn't it make sense to make a 2020 scenario in which Hillary was elected and serves only one term? That would give you a more familiar landscape and issues, and the GOP and Dem races would still be wide open on account of VP Kaine not being particularly inspiring. It even allows for candidates like Trump to try a second time.

I'd also be fine with this, 2024 is a bit too far for my tastes, but if others want to do it I wojn't object.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 09:19:25 AM »

I got Mike Pence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 10:40:31 AM »

Granted but know I have the right to suspend your campaign incase you get questionable once the game starts.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 11:20:15 AM »

What happened during Trump's second term, and how did the Dems only pick up 1 Senate seat?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 11:29:11 AM »

What happened during Trump's second term, and how did the Dems only pick up 1 Senate seat?

Jaguar4Life is writing the Timeline for this game. The senate was a really hard fought place in 2018 and 2020 with the dems just out of reach twice.
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 08:27:35 PM »

May I switch to Paul Ryan?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 08:28:10 PM »

granted
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2018, 08:55:47 PM »

Should I go ahead and make my announcement speech?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 09:07:32 PM »

yes
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 07:53:25 AM »

PAUL RYAN ANNOUNCEMENT SPEECH

“Hello America! I am very glad to be standing in front of all of you to make this announcement: I am running for President! For the past 8 years, we have made tremendous progress. The democrats are looking to take it all away. Twelve years ago I stood here as your Vice Presidential candidate. Being speaker of the house has been a fantastic experience. But I feel obligated to seek the presidency. I feel like I owe it to the American People! So I humbly ask for your vote. God bless you all. And thank you.”
x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2018, 12:37:24 AM »

Senator Ben Shapiro announces run in 2024!
(Phoenix, AZ)

"Hello everyone! Today we are here for a historic occasion! It has been an honor and a pleasure having been elected to serve as Senator of Arizona ever since I decided to run after the honorable Senator McCain had retired from the seat. Since then I have been a voice for conservatism and constitutional beliefs in the senate and I am proud to have served the interest of Arizona while doing so! However, I believe we do deserve better but not just in Arizona but the nation as a whole! It is time that we all look at our common values as Americans, that we look at our founding principles for our problems, we cannot have just any leader for this country going into the future. So today I am here to announce that I am a candidate for President of the United States! I plan to campaign soon in the GOP primaries so lets get out there and make our case for America! Now with that being said, it is time we begin moving toward prosperity!"
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2018, 07:51:55 AM »

The beganing of Trump’s second term

2021. It starts with Trump getting sworn in and getting started with his second term with  his new tax cuts which he caves to the Democrats into raising the gas tax while cutting the corporate tax rate to 15% and abolishing the estate tax.

Trump gets 50% of his border wall done and expects it to be finished by 2023.

Scott Walker is killed in kamikaze style attack when a former state assemblyman files a helicopter in the Wisconsin capital building killing him and his wife.  making Rebecca Kleefisch the first ever female governor in Wisconsin history.

Several progressive Democrats leave the party and start the new “Progess Party” which most progressive leaning democrats flock to fed up with the centrist majority.

Regime chance in China a absolute big one and the people finally calling Trump “Presidental”

Phill Murphy is re-elected in a landslide for another term as New Jersey Govenor.

Ed Gillespie trys again and the Republicans win back the governor seat of Virginia

In a special election in Wisconsin Rebecca Kleefisch is able to win a full term as Govenor of Wisconsin and

in a senate Senate race to replace John McCain Ben Shapiro wins and is able to hold the seat for the Republicans.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies