People are leaving california due to housing costs and taxes. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:39:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  People are leaving california due to housing costs and taxes. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: People are leaving california due to housing costs and taxes.  (Read 1210 times)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 25, 2018, 05:07:55 PM »

Lol no, California may be losing some people, but it's still gaining a lot more. My hometown in the Bay Area continues to build more houses as well as the neighboring cities. It seems like every year there are more and more people on the road. As someone who actually lives in California I can assure you that we aren't losing population.
no, but you've gotta at least acknowledge there's a significant domestic net outmigration that's hindering its growth

Seems to me like California's growth model involves replacing less well off people leaving with better off people coming in.

My impression is that California is attracting poor immigrants and the well off while losing the middle class through out migration. Is this incorrect?

That's kind of hard to pin down though, because in some parts of California "middle class" is someone who makes $100,000 a year.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies