How would a mass gun confiscation/2nd Amendment repeal work nationwide? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:34:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  How would a mass gun confiscation/2nd Amendment repeal work nationwide? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would a mass gun confiscation/2nd Amendment repeal work nationwide?  (Read 5731 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 23, 2018, 07:25:23 PM »

A mass gun confiscation certainly can't happen while the 2nd Amendment is in place, let alone the current interpretation by SCOTUS of the 2nd. If one's goal is to eventually have that happen, I think the first step would have to be universal gun registration, which is why the gun nuts are so adamantly against that despite the fact that most people who are in favor of universal registration aren't seeking a gun ban.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 06:43:40 PM »

Most people would peacefully turn their guns in instead of risking jail time for non compliance.

You mean like how mist people would refrain from smoking pit rather than risking jail time?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 08:03:36 AM »

If the federal government actually tries to confiscate every single gun in America, then it would be time to destroy the federal government.

hear, hear

Now how about you two spending some time worrying about events that actually have a chance of happening?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 03:12:12 AM »

Granted, one should never judge something from just a Wikipedia article, but it is telling how the author of that book apparently omits or ignores inconvenient facts when it suits him.

Facts such as that Gerald Drasen was selling complete kits of parts to be assembled into weapons that require registration, so it wasn't merely that he had the parts available to him.

Facts such as that the Lamplughs were flagrant tax cheats who were being raided (and their conviction ultimately upheld) because of their refusal to pay income taxes on their gun show business. (I wasn't able to find anything about what supposedly happened to their cat, but what I have been check of the author's claims so far leads me to suspect that it was likely a bit of dramatic license on the part of either the author or of the Lamplughs.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 08:01:41 PM »

That would never happen. The closest I could imagine is a national gun buyback program with the government giving substantial amounts of cash for each gun handed in. I think people would be surprised at just how many guns would be turned in for such a program.

Gun owners do not deserve handouts like this.

Tax payers should not be forced to pay off costs like this.

Take their guns away without payment. It is the only sensible way to do it.

Just compensation is a constitutional requirement.

Tell that to the slave owners.

Tho to be fair, if they hadn't started a war to keep slavery, they would have had to be compensated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies