FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:57:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit  (Read 46748 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2018, 06:46:01 PM »

I really don't have to answer for my vote. It speaks for itself as a reactionary act. Don't you have some deportations to haplessly protest or something?

What about your impotent Internet slackivism?  Does that speak for itself too?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2018, 08:50:14 PM »

I really don't have to answer for my vote. It speaks for itself as a reactionary act. Don't you have some deportations to haplessly protest or something?

What about your impotent Internet slackivism?  Does that speak for itself too?
No, but the thousands of hours I've logged working for Republican candidates and the conservative cause does.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2018, 08:56:12 PM »

What about your impotent Internet slackivism?  Does that speak for itself too?
No, but the thousands of hours I've logged working for Republican candidates and the conservative cause does.

"Conservative" candidates like Donald Trump?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2018, 08:59:05 PM »

I’m sorry, I must have missed the memo that said Democrats are allowed to define conservatism....I mean seriously X, is that all you got? That was pretty big helping of weaksauce Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2018, 09:05:27 PM »

I’m sorry, I must have missed the memo that said Democrats are allowed to define conservatism....I mean seriously X, is that all you got? That was pretty big helping of weaksauce Tongue

Republicans are welcome to try to come up with an ideologically consistent definition of conservatism that they can actually stick to, but since you folks can't seem to manage that, it falls upon us to define the term for you.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2018, 09:23:46 PM »

Republicans are welcome to try to come up with an ideologically consistent definition of conservatism that they can actually stick to, but since you folks can't seem to manage that, it falls upon us to define the term for you.

Con·ser·va·tism (kənˈsərvədizəm/): owning of the libs

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2018, 09:24:26 PM »

Guys, when are we going to wake up and realize that this is no Connie Mack 2.0?

I don't think anyone thinks Nelson will win by 13 points.
Solid thinks he will win by 20 17
FTFY
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2018, 01:40:45 PM »

I keep seeing Scott's ads saying "we've had enough career politicians now". He ran for governor, ran for reelection, and now that he's been term limited out he's running for a different political office. I think he's a career politician now. Admittedly not for as long as Nelson, but it's not like Scott is a citizen legislator who's going to go back to the family farm when Congress is out of session. It's like Republican messaging these days is 100% geared towards people who don't think about anything for more than ten seconds.

Add to that, what is inherently wrong with being in office a long time? I'm sure most the people who think these are great ads wouldn't vote for a newcomer Democrat over a Republican who's been in office 20 years.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2018, 01:51:59 PM »

I keep seeing Scott's ads saying "we've had enough career politicians now". He ran for governor, ran for reelection, and now that he's been term limited out he's running for a different political office. I think he's a career politician now. Admittedly not for as long as Nelson, but it's not like Scott is a citizen legislator who's going to go back to the family farm when Congress is out of session. It's like Republican messaging these days is 100% geared towards people who don't think about anything for more than ten seconds.

Add to that, what is inherently wrong with being in office a long time? I'm sure most the people who think these are great ads wouldn't vote for a newcomer Democrat over a Republican who's been in office 20 years.

What a hypocrisy. As if Scott isn't a career politican. And even if he is not counted as such: What's his non-elected office experience? Medicare fraud? Yeah, that's truly what we need in Washington. We already have a conman in the Oval Office, don't need another so-called outsider in congress who raises his hand each time the god emperor calls for it.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2018, 01:54:51 PM »

What a hypocrisy. As if Scott isn't a career politican. And even if he is not counted as such: What's his non-elected office experience? Medicare fraud? Yeah, that's truly what we need in Washington. We already have a conman in the Oval Office, don't need another so-called outsider in congress who raises his hand each time the god emperor calls for it.

I've always hated Scott, even when I identified strongly with Republicans when he first ran. People like him are par for the course now, unfortunately.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2018, 01:55:07 PM »

Because Trump ran on being a non-career politician, every GOP member is now running on it. Wouldnt surprise me if Richard Shelby ran on being "a new voice for congress".
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2018, 05:20:35 PM »

Because Trump ran on being a non-career politician, every GOP member is now running on it. Wouldnt surprise me if Richard Shelby ran on being "a new voice for congress".
That’s been going on since 2010.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2018, 09:37:55 PM »

pRick Scott is done

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2018, 09:41:06 PM »

That’s been going on since 2010.

Yeah politicians running explicitly on not being politicians despite definitely being politicians is as old as Tippecanoe and Tyler Too
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2018, 09:52:47 PM »

Let Rick Scott throw all his life savings away on a futile senate run that is doomed to fail.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2018, 09:52:58 PM »

pRick Scott is done

Bill knows what he’s doing
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #166 on: August 01, 2018, 09:57:34 PM »

pRick Scott is done

Bill knows what he’s doing

I hope so.  Doesn't seem like it at this point.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2018, 10:04:27 PM »

Everyone who was panicking about how Nelson wasnt spending any money, and wasnt paying attention to Hispanics, and was running a tired campaign have bought to much into the national spin. Nelson is doing what a smart politician does, conserve money until the last 2 months, and then, blitz.

As most local new stations have been saying, contrary to the national ones, RIck Scott has spent a buttload of money, and still has not escaped the MOE.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #168 on: August 01, 2018, 10:11:25 PM »

Let Rick Scott throw all his life savings away on a futile senate run that is doomed to fail.

Shiit....thats grandmas Medicare money he's using
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2018, 10:47:55 PM »

pRick Scott is done

NELSON NELSON NELSON!!!!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2018, 10:48:40 PM »

Shiit....thats grandmas Medicare money he's using
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #171 on: August 01, 2018, 11:14:57 PM »

pRick Scott is done

With the sheer number of anti-Nelson attack ads I've been seeing it's been making me nervous, but whenever I look at the polling it's dead even. That's with Scott taking all the shots he wants at Nelson while Nelson pretty much hasn't started his campaign yet. That's not a good sign for Scott.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2018, 11:36:25 PM »

pRick Scott is done

With the sheer number of anti-Nelson attack ads I've been seeing it's been making me nervous, but whenever I look at the polling it's dead even. That's with Scott taking all the shots he wants at Nelson while Nelson pretty much hasn't started his campaign yet. That's not a good sign for Scott.

Nelson needs to bring up the Medicare fraud stuff again. Who better to do it than a 76 year old grandpa?

Also, just reminding voters he went to space will do wonders. Like he did in 2012 after he was initially trailing Cornelius McGillicuddy IV

ROTFL...Bill Nelson should just do an ad where he looks into the camera dramatically and says, "Rick Scott tried to kill me (pause)....by defrauding billions from the Medicare I was on. Thankfully, I'm alive today and I'm here to warn the public.''

Like...just find a bunch of old people claiming Rick Scott tried to kill them too via Medicare fraud.

HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2018, 12:04:29 AM »

pRick Scott is done

Nelson needs to bring up the Medicare fraud stuff again. Who better to do it than a 76 year old grandpa?

Also, just reminding voters he went to space will do wonders. Like he did in 2012 after he was initially trailing Cornelius McGillicuddy IV

I'm sure outside groups will. Nelson's campaigns have always been super clean from what I recall.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2018, 04:14:48 AM »

Everyone who was panicking about how Nelson wasnt spending any money, and wasnt paying attention to Hispanics, and was running a tired campaign have bought to much into the national spin. Nelson is doing what a smart politician does, conserve money until the last 2 months, and then, blitz.

As most local new stations have been saying, contrary to the national ones, RIck Scott has spent a buttload of money, and still has not escaped the MOE.

I remember when the same experts told me Virginia Gov was a tossup because Ralph Northam was running a bad campaign, didn't go to some bum town of 500's Labor Day parade, #MS13, and some truck ad

Remember when every single Morning Joe pundit thought Gillespie would win the day before the election? lol

https://freebeacon.com/politics/morning-joe-panel-questions-odds-northam-winning-gubernatorial-race/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies