Dave Wasserman's WI Challenge ($7000 prize) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:20:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Dave Wasserman's WI Challenge ($7000 prize) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dave Wasserman's WI Challenge ($7000 prize)  (Read 1288 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 27, 2018, 02:51:10 PM »

To get 6 districts' worth of D+7 territory, you'll need to find a way to create 2 GOP sinks that are at least R+20. That's not something you can do in DRA alone.

I've always said that WI is one of the most ruthless gerrymanders in the country - and one of the hardest to break (outside of a true wave or massive Midwest resurgence) - but the state's population distribution definitely plays a huge role in why it's so easy to gerrymander.

A "fair" Wisconsn that I drew here is 2 Safe Dem - 2 Toss Up - 2 Likley R - 2 Safe R.

People don't realize how gerrymandered Ryan's district is. He probably loses multiple times since 2002 if his district looked more like it did before. Adding the rest of Rock County and taking out most of Waukesha County makes this a pure toss up seat.

If the North is 100% gone to the Democrats (which I don't think is necessairly the case) and if the West is going that way (definitly don't think that's the case), then the only way to get close to a split 4-4 map is to split Milwauke County and Dane County.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies