Make an election map between you and the last two posters. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:49:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Make an election map between you and the last two posters. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Make an election map between you and the last two posters.  (Read 17777 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« on: February 11, 2019, 03:33:59 AM »
« edited: February 11, 2019, 03:38:59 AM by Dope and Diamonds »

Republican Primary:

DPKdebator - Green
HillGoose - Orange

I think you beat me pretty handily, although early on in the primary season it looks like I'm cruising to a win after New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada, you regain your momentum in the Midwest, and end up absolutely blowing me out of the water in a lot of places that destroy my delegate count. I perform in the low 50s in most states I win, while you have a much stronger base. I'd expect the delegate count to be roughly 1,450 to 950 or somewhere around there.

General Election:

ReaganClinton (D) - 396 EV, 41.3% PV
DPKdebator (R) - 108 EV, 36.7% PV
HillGoose (I) - 34 EV, 20.2% PV

After losing the Republican primary I suddenly decide that America needs my bizarre personal frankenstein ideology that seems kind of like libertarian neoconservatism (even though no one is really sure) and I campaign as an Independent. My base mostly consists of libertarians and wealthy suburbanites in the mountain west, netting me a few states but definitely spoiling the election, and throwing it to ReaganClinton massively.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 01:12:00 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2019, 01:15:47 PM by Dope and Diamonds »

Republican Primary:

DPKDebator
HillGoose

DPKDebator starts strong, winning Iowa and New Hampshire, but I win South Carolina and the momentum of that win allows me to continue onward and perform well in more moderate, suburban and affluent Republican areas, or libertarian areas in the intermountain west, but I still end up falling short in the end.

General Election:

DPKDebator: 280 EV, 48.2% PV
Smith: 258 EV, 47.9% PV

The anti-establishment campaigns of both candidates create a razor-thin election with a high third party vote. The most interesting dynamic is the western vs. eastern division, which becomes more apparent in this election than any coastal vs. midland or urban vs. rural divide that is typically more common in American politics.

Smith far overperforms for a Democrat in the intermountain west, particularly Utah and Idaho, both states with large Mormon populations, where Smith comes within single digits of DPKDebator and winning Arizona on the third-party vote drawing away from DPKDebator.

In the east, DPKDebator wins many midwestern states, due to a heavy presence of most of his base voters in those states, and reduced minority turnout. Smith still carries PA, IL, and MN, however. This was the death blow for Smith's campaign, which was relying on perceived strength in Ohio and Wisconsin to deliver them the election.

New England is perhaps the greatest surprise, as DPKDebator wins Maine-at-large, as well as New Hampshire (by comfortable margins) and is within a single percentage point of winning Rhode Island and within 5 of winning Vermont. The Bible Belt is a disaster for Smith, leading to Florida and North Carolina being called for DPKDebator early in the evening.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 12:49:41 PM »

Republican primary

S019 takes most of my voter base early on (establishment, Reaganites, neocons, etc) and I go full libertarian and run a campaign mostly based on total government deregulation of all industries, ending gov subsidies, legalization of all drugs, protection of civilian ownership of any and all weapons, abolishing taxation (except sin taxes on sale of recreational hard drugs) as well as frequently ranting about how race doesn't exist and the government is covering up UFOs and missing persons cases. It doesn't pan out well, I win a handful of libertarian-heavy states in the intermountain west and am crushed everywhere else.

Lakigigar vs S019

Lakigigar (D) - 290 EV, 48.1% PV
S019 (R) - 248 EV, 49.0% PV

Lak focuses on winning over the Rust Belt and East Coast, while S019 goes after retaking areas in the Sun Belt that Republicans had previously believed were lost, as well as expanding the map in the Northeast and Great Lakes. S019 runs a far more energetic campaign, and is able to win the popular vote, however in the end the electoral math ends up working against him, and a few thousand votes in Virginia, Ohio, and New Mexico end up flipping the election in Lakigigar's favor. Despite the win, Lakigigar's campaign is disappointed in not carrying Wisconsin, Indiana, and other northern states, but they did make significant inroads with their demographic base, keeping the margin within 10 percentage points in West Virginia and winning North Carolina outright.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies