CA-David Binder Research: Newsom 29, Cox 16, Allen 13, Chiang 9
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:35:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CA-David Binder Research: Newsom 29, Cox 16, Allen 13, Chiang 9
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-David Binder Research: Newsom 29, Cox 16, Allen 13, Chiang 9  (Read 1279 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2018, 07:40:25 AM »
« edited: March 28, 2018, 10:19:30 AM by dfwlibertylover »

For whatever reason, Newsom's pollster conducted yet another poll and released it just a couple of weeks after the last one, perks of having a lot of money I guess

Newsom (D) - 29% (+3)
Cox (R) - 16% (NC)
Allen (R) - 13% (+3)
Chiang (D) - 9% (-4)
Villaraigosa (D) - 7% (-5)
Estin (D) - 2% (-5)
Renteria (D) - 2% (-2)

Seems maybe undecideds went up? idk
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 08:06:19 AM »

Great poll. I want this to be Newsom versus Cox in November. Villaraigosa's collapse is real.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 11:23:40 AM »

U wot.

But Atlas told me it would be D v D no matter what?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 12:07:26 PM »

It seems there will never be a real contest for Governor. Haven't seen an interesting Gov election here since 2003. Curious given all the problems the state has.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 12:29:12 PM »

It seems there will never be a real contest for Governor. Haven't seen an interesting Gov election here since 2003. Curious given all the problems the state has.
Cox isn’t a real candidate lmao, Newsom will crush him by 30 points.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 12:36:57 PM »

The state of Cali has rapidly improved since 2010 (which is when they killed all of their republicans).

Stop buying into the gop spin about cali. It's a very strong state even with the honeless population problem.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 06:06:15 PM »

The state of Cali has rapidly improved since 2010 (which is when they killed all of their republicans).

Stop buying into the gop spin about cali. It's a very strong state even with the honeless population problem.
It's true that under Brown we have a budget surplus. However there is the homeless problem, the housing problem, the state pension fund and the bullet train that is way over budget. There are still issues that need to be resolved.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 06:23:21 PM »

It's true that under Brown we have a budget surplus. However there is the homeless problem, the housing problem, the state pension fund and the bullet train that is way over budget. There are still issues that need to be resolved.

No doubt about it. But the state is in a far better place than it was 8 years ago, when California seemed to be completely in the sh**tter.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 07:17:12 PM »

Chiang vs. any Republican would be the ideal matchup.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 08:56:40 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2018, 10:36:31 PM by pikachu »

I'm skeptical of the poll. Obviously Newsom's ideal scenario is him versus a Republcan, and I have no idea what would've happened to make Villaigrossa drop to fifth and for there to be 13 point net loss among Democratic candidates since his last internal.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 09:35:40 PM »

Newsom is afraid of facing another Democrat because he could lose. Newsom wants a D vs. R runoff so he can easily win. The poll is a Newsom internal.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 10:49:44 PM »

I'm skeptical of the poll. Obviously Newsom's ideal scenario is him versus a Republcan, and I have no idea what would've happened to make Villaigrossa drop to fifth and for there to be 13 point net loss among Democratic candidates since his last internal.

That's definitely suspect. Other than the debates, I can't think of anything that would make the polls shift in this way. Chiang, Villaraigosa, and Eastin are all down by at least 4 since the last time? Something's rotten in the state of California. (It's this poll)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies