Laura Ingraham is mocking a Parkland survivor for struggling to get into college
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:44:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Laura Ingraham is mocking a Parkland survivor for struggling to get into college
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Laura Ingraham is mocking a Parkland survivor for struggling to get into college  (Read 12793 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2018, 01:21:05 PM »

Of course it's okay to attack a 17 year-old who saw his classmates mercilessly murdered. It's only unfair to attack a whiny privileged 71 year-old who was handed $1,000,000.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2018, 02:27:11 PM »

The idea that semi-automatics are definitely constitutionally protected is absurd.  For one thing, it was only around 15 years after automatics that could be easily carried by one person were invented (The Thompson Sub-Machine Gun, AKA The Tommy Gun) that it was banned.  The Supreme Court ruled that the State Of Utah was not violating the Constitution by banning it.

So, the Second Amendment Absolutists are simply wrong.  I think they are deliberately trying to misrepresent the facts to bolster their ridiculous case that the Second Amendment is absolute.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2018, 03:09:52 PM »

As a high school senior in a similar situation to Hogg (rejected from most of my top choices) this really just does not sit well with me. Getting rejected from any school is a punch in the gut, let alone a whole slate of options shut down in the span of a few days. Having your disappointment broadcast to millions is the last thing I would want, and getting made fun of by a pundit can only make the pain worse for this kid. Whether or not you like Hogg it's not fair to go after a kid for a process that is such a crapshoot (especially this year when acceptance rates across the board but especially in the UC system are tumbling at an unprecedented rate). I've never held a strong opinion on Laura Ingraham but this really makes me dislike her even though she's on my side politically. That attack is just cruel and unnecessary at what is undoubtedly a very painful and difficult time for this kid. I would know, of course.

However I will admit that the fact that I got into (and will be attending) one of the schools he was rejected from is mildly satisfying to a degree Tongue
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2018, 03:11:05 PM »

Harry Hardwick

@kstreetsentinel
 Mar 29
More
Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngIe) @Foxnews staff is telling news outlets she ranted "The Parkland shooter didn't shoot the right kid ". OMG!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2018, 03:16:37 PM »

Harry Hardwick

@kstreetsentinel
 Mar 29
More
Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngIe) @Foxnews staff is telling news outlets she ranted "The Parkland shooter didn't shoot the right kid ". OMG!

If this is true, she should be fired for being complete trash.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2018, 03:19:56 PM »

Harry Hardwick

@kstreetsentinel
 Mar 29
More

...wow
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2018, 03:21:33 PM »

Harry Hardwick

@kstreetsentinel
 Mar 29
More

Nonsense. This rant only shows that she is a perfect fit for a network like Fox. Tongue
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2018, 03:34:50 PM »

Harry Hardwick

@kstreetsentinel
 Mar 29
More

Pretty sure it's BS, seeing as @kstreetsentinel is some random guy with 245 Twitter followers. Some of his other "scoops" include: "BREAKING NEWS : Muellers team has just raided @KellyannePolls home. Is Gates spilling the beans on Kelly?! @CNN is reporting this live right now." (CNN did not report it...)

Just goes to show that the fake news Twitter bots aren't purely on the conservative side.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2018, 03:40:30 PM »

Harry Hardwick

@kstreetsentinel
 Mar 29
More

Pretty sure it's BS, seeing as @kstreetsentinel is some random guy with 245 Twitter followers. Some of his other "scoops" include: "BREAKING NEWS : Muellers team has just raided @KellyannePolls home. Is Gates spilling the beans on Kelly?! @CNN is reporting this live right now." (CNN did not report it...)

Just goes to show that the fake news Twitter bots aren't purely on the conservative side.

Sorry, I should have checked first.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2018, 03:40:31 PM »

Harry Hardwick

@kstreetsentinel
 Mar 29
More

...wow

Hopefully we hear more on this. I want to know if this is true or not.
It's 100% pure evil.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2018, 03:47:10 PM »

I find it hilarious to see posters on here, and pundits attacking Hogg; these Parkland kids are the first people to get more than 3 days airtime since Trump started running in 2015, and all of them (especially Hogg) are clearly smart, and know how to use social media to be effective activists.

These kids have organised an extremely large national protest march, they've generated tons of press attention for the gun control movement, they've got Laura Ingraham kicked off Fox. They're clearly doing something right; and if you best response is to insult them- feel free to do it, whilst they keep doing some pretty effective political activism. 

A big mistake (one made by Democrats against the Tea Party in 08-09, and one made by the Corbynsceptis in 2015/2016) is to laugh, and endlessly mock your opponents whilst they continue to hammer home a pretty effective message that skips over your head (because you disagree with it).

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2018, 05:42:50 PM »

UPDATE: Honda and Progressive pulled their ads. There is no way she is keeping her job, but it’s Fox News so we’ll see.

The positive side of this is that we see the power of the Parkland kids. They truly do have what it takes to create change.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2018, 05:45:42 PM »

the nra might fill up all the open ad spots?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2018, 05:59:45 PM »

the nra might fill up all the open ad spots?

If Putin sends them enough cash, they might.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2018, 06:48:30 PM »

Of course it's okay to attack a 17 year-old who saw his classmates mercilessly murdered. It's only unfair to attack a whiny privileged 71 year-old who was handed $1,000,000.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2018, 07:02:02 PM »

Ted Nugent unsurprisingly is the latest triggered snowflake. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/381108-ted-nugent-parkland-students-protesting-gun-violence-are
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2018, 07:03:05 PM »

At least he does not look like a Hog, I am not so sure the same statement could be extended to Ms. Ingraham though.

Yet another depraved Bagel23 post.

Your apologies don't mean sh!t if you don't back it up by changing.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2018, 07:04:05 PM »

I don't believe Laura would say that, that Cruz got the wrong kids.

That's a lie.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2018, 07:16:39 PM »

I don't believe Laura would say that, that Cruz got the wrong kids.

That's a lie.

If you’d read carefully, you’d see that it had been declared the source was very dubious
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2018, 07:28:06 PM »

I think Laura thinks she made a mistake.

Hogg and Ingraham should meet together and work some agreement on gun reform in Washington, D.C. or in MSD HS.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2018, 07:32:38 PM »

Harry Hardwick

@kstreetsentinel
 Mar 29
More

Sorry, I should have checked first.
twitter is so full of trolls and bs, these days its nuts
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2018, 07:42:49 PM »

At least he does not look like a Hog, I am not so sure the same statement could be extended to Ms. Ingraham though.

Yet another depraved Bagel23 post.

Your apologies don't mean sh!t if you don't back it up by changing.

Laura Ingraham does not count.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2018, 07:54:48 PM »

I don't care if you insult Laura Ingraham, but she's not unattractive, at least for her age. Its kind of irrelevant since she's a terrible person regardless of how she looks so why focus on that?
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2018, 08:09:58 PM »

Tbh you forfeit the right to be dealt with as a child when you enter the political arena. Hogg is 17, not 7. He'll be an adult very soon.

I couldn't disagree more with Ingraham on policy, but Hogg is behaving more and more like a fascist with this kind of attitude.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2018, 08:32:42 PM »

We should learn to love and embrace those we disagree with, and learn from them!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies