Laura Ingraham is mocking a Parkland survivor for struggling to get into college
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:13:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Laura Ingraham is mocking a Parkland survivor for struggling to get into college
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Laura Ingraham is mocking a Parkland survivor for struggling to get into college  (Read 12753 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2018, 08:44:26 PM »

Oh Qizmet; what will happen to the roaches who defend a vile divisive hatemonger like Ingraham?
One can only wonder. There is no low they will not sink to, no evil that they will not embrace, no vile that they will not spew. They are lovers of darkness because their hearts are filled with excrement.

Take FOX off the air and banned these winged monkeys for life.

Don't be impressed by Laura's crocodile tears, for we all know better.

Kudos to the Republicans here who have seen the light.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2018, 08:51:06 PM »

Tbh you forfeit the right to be dealt with as a child when you enter the political arena. Hogg is 17, not 7. He'll be an adult very soon.

I couldn't disagree more with Ingraham on policy, but Hogg is behaving more and more like a fascist with this kind of attitude.

How is he behaving like a fascist? He didn't force her to say something insulting that caused her to lose sponsors, she did that all on her own.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2018, 08:52:59 PM »

Harry Hardwick

@kstreetsentinel
 Mar 29
More
Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngIe) @Foxnews staff is telling news outlets she ranted "The Parkland shooter didn't shoot the right kid ". OMG!

If this is true, she should be fired for being complete trash.

Pretty sure it's BS, seeing as @kstreetsentinel is some random guy with 245 Twitter followers. Some of his other "scoops" include: "BREAKING NEWS : Muellers team has just raided @KellyannePolls home. Is Gates spilling the beans on Kelly?! @CNN is reporting this live right now." (CNN did not report it...)

Just goes to show that the fake news Twitter bots aren't purely on the conservative side.

Sorry, I should have checked first.
twitter is so full of trolls and bs, these days its nuts

That "Rogue WH Senior Advisor" account is also bullsh**t. I just wish the Resistance leaders on Twitter would stop retweeting it. For example: Donald Trump did not ask Betsy DeVos to "expel" David Hogg.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2018, 09:11:13 PM »

Bayer AG pulls ads: http://thehill.com/homenews/media/381137-bayer-ag-pulls-ads-from-the-ingraham-angle
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2018, 09:17:57 PM »

Of course it's okay to attack a 17 year-old who saw his classmates mercilessly murdered. It's only unfair to attack a whiny privileged 71 year-old who was handed $1,000,000.
Trump's been harshly attacked every day since 2015.  He entered the political arena; that's the price you pay.

David Hogg entered the political arena in a big way.  Receiving unfavorable feedback, and even snide remarks, is something that comes with the territory.  
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2018, 09:22:17 PM »

Of course it's okay to attack a 17 year-old who saw his classmates mercilessly murdered. It's only unfair to attack a whiny privileged 71 year-old who was handed $1,000,000.
Trump's been harshly attacked every day since 2015.  He entered the political arena; that's the price you pay.

David Hogg entered the political arena in a big way.  Receiving unfavorable feedback, and even snide remarks, is something that comes with the territory.  
If there was any truth to what you are saying, she wouldn't have apologized.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2018, 09:22:37 PM »

Tbh you forfeit the right to be dealt with as a child when you enter the political arena. Hogg is 17, not 7. He'll be an adult very soon.

I couldn't disagree more with Ingraham on policy, but Hogg is behaving more and more like a fascist with this kind of attitude.

How is he behaving like a fascist? He didn't force her to say something insulting that caused her to lose sponsors, she did that all on her own.
It's Hogg's fault he didn't get into schools he wanted to get into. It's my fault that I didn't get accepted to Princeton and other colleges, but at least I own up to it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2018, 09:40:24 PM »

It's Hogg's fault he didn't get into schools he wanted to get into. It's my fault that I didn't get accepted to Princeton and other colleges, but at least I own up to it.

WTF are you talking about? Ingraham brought up that subject.
Hogg himself never mentioned it, much less blamed anyone else for his failure.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2018, 09:47:03 PM »

WTF are you talking about? Ingraham brought up that subject.
Hogg himself never mentioned it, much less blamed anyone else for his failure.

Ahem...

http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/27/parkland-leader-david-hogg-rejected-colleges-emma-gonzalez/
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2018, 09:50:34 PM »

It's a lie to suggest that he blamed Ingraham for not getting into college, because he never did. He didn't come for her, she came for him and that has proven to be a bad choice for her.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2018, 09:51:35 PM »

Time for that blue avatar, buddy. You've officially become a goddamned parody.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2018, 09:52:52 PM »

I'm a Republican how...?
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2018, 09:56:50 PM »

I'm a Republican how...?
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2018, 09:58:51 PM »

I'm a Republican how...?
Have you looked at his signature??
Yep, look, he only has endorsed John Chiang, Dianne Feinstein, Not Menendez, Josh Gottheimer, Andrew Cuomo, Richard Cordray, Sherrod Brown, David Baria, Phil Bredesen, Beto O'Rourke, and 0 Republicans. Yep. Definitely a Republican!
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2018, 10:00:27 PM »

I'm a Republican how...?
He's probably a huge Bob Menendez fan, so in his eyes I'm a Republican Tongue
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2018, 10:01:39 PM »

I'm a Republican how...?

You lied and said that David Hogg blamed Laura Ingraham for his not getting into college. That's the sort of spin that Republicans put out to defend their favorites.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2018, 10:01:57 PM »

I'm a Republican how...?

You've lied and said that David Hogg blamed Laura Ingraham for his not getting into college. That's the sort of spin that Republicans put out to defend their favorites.
Show me where Smiley
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2018, 10:03:51 PM »

I'm a Republican how...?
He's probably a huge Bob Menendez fan, so in his eyes I'm a Republican Tongue
You don't like Menendez? Ouch.
Most people who don't like Menendez are Republicans. That means that if you don't like Menendez and have also endorsed John Chiang, Dianne Feinstein, Josh Gottheimer, Andrew Cuomo, Richard Cordray, Sherrod Brown, David Baria, Phil Bredesen, and Beto O'Rourke, then it means you must be Republican. Trust me! This is logical!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2018, 10:04:02 PM »

I'm a Republican how...?

You've lied and said that David Hogg blamed Laura Ingraham for his not getting into college. That's the sort of spin that Republicans put out to defend their favorites.
Show me where Smiley

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2018, 10:06:20 PM »

Saluda County SC.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2018, 10:07:02 PM »

Menendez is an embarrassment,
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2018, 10:29:54 PM »

I'm a Republican how...?

Show me where Smiley

Notice that Ingraham was never mentioned in that statement, alright?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2018, 10:40:44 PM »

I'm a Republican how...?

Show me where Smiley

Notice that Ingraham was never mentioned in that statement, alright?

You are implying that he was blaming someone and considering this is a thread about Ingraham it seems clear what your intent was. Whatever.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2018, 03:39:11 AM »

LOL It's not just Laura Ingraham. Most people on my facebook list are doing this LOL Men and women of all ages.

Is this what you people do in Trumpland? Mock a kid (who survived a school massacre) who is only fighting for the right of his fellow students to attend school without fearing for their lives? Besides being extremely pathetic and f**ked up, it reeks of insecurity.

He's a little left wing weasel who craves attention and has a foul mouth. He isn't old enough to vote, isn't old enough to drink, isn't old enough to "buy a gun" and is irrelevant. I'm sorry. The number one thing I keep hearing from my fellow thirty-somethings is "Why do we care what the kids think?"

This is a truism.

http://www.hsrtx.org/

Do you care what those kids think?

The generation that was led to the slaughter in Vietnam was David Hogg's age, and thirty-somethings didn't care what they thought either.  They couldn't vote, either; not until they were 21.

Yes, David Hogg comes of as a liberal snot-nose.  I was young and snot-nosed once as well, but I registered to vote on my 18th birthday.  He'll be voting in 2020, as will many of the Parkland kids.

While I'm not enamored of the opinions of the David Hogg's of the world, or of the Lebron James' of the World, they are entitled to speak them, and it's intellectually dishonest of a pundit to begrudge these folks their podiums.  Ingraham has 30 minutes a night to pontificate, and she has no real special qualifications to do so.  David Hogg's argument is based on emotional reasoning, but please don't tell me that FOX News isn't beyond making emotional appeals to defy logic when it suits them.

Instead of telling folks who've cut into the allotment of national media attention without the permission of pundits to shut up and do what they do, why don't folks who disagree with these folks do the hard work of convincing people that David Hogg is wrong and they are right as far as the 2nd Amendment goes.  David Hogg has the emotion of the moment; 2nd Amendment activists have the intent of the Framers, the wording of the 2nd Amendment itself, and the idea that the 2nd Amendment is about a fundamental Constitutional Right.  No one seems to want to do the work of convincing folks who disagree with them that their point of view is right.  Perhaps that fact is somewhat behind the polarized politics we have today.

Anti gun control Advocates do not, repeat do not have the intent of the framers on their side. Sorry FB, but the whole concept that the 2nd Amendment applies to individual gun rights is a very very recent Construction from so-called originalist intent calendar boy justice Scalia. Now whether one could argue that it should be expanded to that point, and then shut up ever talking about legislating From the Bench or creating the law arrived in interpreting it, is one's own choice. But don't miss appropriate the framers in this debate.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2018, 04:20:49 AM »

Like a fascist?!? like a fascist?!?

I don't think you really know what that word means
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies