Laura Ingraham is mocking a Parkland survivor for struggling to get into college
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:46:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Laura Ingraham is mocking a Parkland survivor for struggling to get into college
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Laura Ingraham is mocking a Parkland survivor for struggling to get into college  (Read 12795 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2018, 11:08:46 AM »

Dartmouth and UVA should revoke Ingram's degrees for getting her ass kicked by a high school kid who can't even get into UCLA.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2018, 11:46:44 AM »

The Atlantis, Paradise Island resort, pulls ads, making ten. http://thehill.com/homenews/media/381004-atlantis-pulls-ads-from-laura-ingrahams-show
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2018, 03:26:42 PM »

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/979765988295172098

Which is a shame, because with the way sponsors are leaving, Fox News might have to tighten its belt a bit next month.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2018, 03:39:26 PM »

LOL It's not just Laura Ingraham. Most people on my facebook list are doing this LOL Men and women of all ages.

Thats not necessary.

You're such a chicken.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2018, 03:41:33 PM »

Which is a shame, because with the way sponsors are leaving, Fox News might have to tighten its belt a bit next month.

They should just go after Fox as a whole. The whole channel is a propoganda outfit
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2018, 03:48:31 PM »

They should just go after Fox as a whole. The whole channel is a propoganda outfit

And msnbc and cnn didn’t do the same for Obama’s?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2018, 03:52:17 PM »

Hahahaha, oh your serious, no
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2018, 03:52:32 PM »

Two are news sites, one is an entertainment site via their own admission.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2018, 03:53:27 PM »

Yawn...CNN and MSNBC is trash but Fox is almost entirely propaganda. It's basically a safe space for aging angry whites
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2018, 05:45:12 PM »

CNN hired Stephen Moore (of the Club for Growth...for the 1%) as their senior economics analyst.  When Fox 'News' hires Cenk Uyger (as an example) as their senior economics analyst, then you'll have an argument.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2018, 05:50:48 PM »

I see there has been some discussion here of the issue of whether the treatment that Laura Ingraham is receiving is proportional or whether this raises the precedent (precedent!) of boycotts chilling free speech.

Though I still support the boycotts, I do appreciate and sympathize with these arguments and I believe there is an obvious solution we can all agree upon to forcefully and effectively address these concerns.

We need to all send Laura Ingraham our thoughts and prayers.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2018, 08:05:06 PM »

I see there has been some discussion here of the issue of whether the treatment that Laura Ingraham is receiving is proportional or whether this raises the precedent (precedent!) of boycotts chilling free speech.

Though I still support the boycotts, I do appreciate and sympathize with these arguments and I believe there is an obvious solution we can all agree upon to forcefully and effectively address these concerns.

boycotts do not chill free speech; they are the public's free speech simply opposing ingraham's free speech
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2018, 08:09:01 PM »

I wouldn't give this soulless mouthpiece my fever.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2018, 12:55:45 AM »

This thing keeps escalating!

136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2018, 01:19:33 AM »

I was making a joke! Sad
King Cobra
Rookie
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2018, 02:28:43 AM »

What an embarrassment, maybe not by Fox standards, but by human standards.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2018, 03:47:48 AM »

I was making a joke! Sad

I know.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2018, 08:37:45 AM »

LOL It's not just Laura Ingraham. Most people on my facebook list are doing this LOL Men and women of all ages.

Is this what you people do in Trumpland? Mock a kid (who survived a school massacre) who is only fighting for the right of his fellow students to attend school without fearing for their lives? Besides being extremely pathetic and f**ked up, it reeks of insecurity.

He's a little left wing weasel who craves attention and has a foul mouth. He isn't old enough to vote, isn't old enough to drink, isn't old enough to "buy a gun" and is irrelevant. I'm sorry. The number one thing I keep hearing from my fellow thirty-somethings is "Why do we care what the kids think?"

This is a truism.

http://www.hsrtx.org/

Do you care what those kids think?

The generation that was led to the slaughter in Vietnam was David Hogg's age, and thirty-somethings didn't care what they thought either.  They couldn't vote, either; not until they were 21.

Yes, David Hogg comes of as a liberal snot-nose.  I was young and snot-nosed once as well, but I registered to vote on my 18th birthday.  He'll be voting in 2020, as will many of the Parkland kids.

While I'm not enamored of the opinions of the David Hogg's of the world, or of the Lebron James' of the World, they are entitled to speak them, and it's intellectually dishonest of a pundit to begrudge these folks their podiums.  Ingraham has 30 minutes a night to pontificate, and she has no real special qualifications to do so.  David Hogg's argument is based on emotional reasoning, but please don't tell me that FOX News isn't beyond making emotional appeals to defy logic when it suits them.

Instead of telling folks who've cut into the allotment of national media attention without the permission of pundits to shut up and do what they do, why don't folks who disagree with these folks do the hard work of convincing people that David Hogg is wrong and they are right as far as the 2nd Amendment goes.  David Hogg has the emotion of the moment; 2nd Amendment activists have the intent of the Framers, the wording of the 2nd Amendment itself, and the idea that the 2nd Amendment is about a fundamental Constitutional Right.  No one seems to want to do the work of convincing folks who disagree with them that their point of view is right.  Perhaps that fact is somewhat behind the polarized politics we have today.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2018, 09:10:56 AM »

1000% applaud Ingraham. She is doing God's work this Holy Week. This little punk must be destroyed at whatever cost. I am so joyous that she took it upon herself to nail him. So well deserved.

If this my son, he would be beyond disowned. Soft parenting generation.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2018, 09:18:29 AM »

1000% applaud Ingraham. She is doing God's work this Holy Week. This little punk must be destroyed at whatever cost. I am so joyous that she took it upon herself to nail him. So well deserved.

April Fools day is tomorrow.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2018, 10:29:03 AM »

Calling them a "propaganda outfit" seems too polite, even if technically accurate.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2018, 10:44:11 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2018, 10:48:38 AM by Torie »

You know Sprouts, ...

I don't know if you actually believe the trash you spout, or if you're just a troll. ... [post modified by Torie]
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2018, 11:10:27 AM »

Sprout's comments are vile. They reflect poorly on him, on America, and on the human race. I decline to pretend otherwise.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2018, 11:14:37 AM »

If I shared me real thoughts on Hogg that I express with my co-workers every other day, the moderators might see fit to ban me from the forum. As it stands, only your comments have been vile enough to warrant that measure.

Much respect to Emma and the other children. But Hogg will never have an ounce of it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2018, 11:17:49 AM »

Sprout's comments are vile. They reflect poorly on him, on America, and on the human race. I decline to pretend otherwise.

There you go. Much better! Yeah I know, it is a bit tricky navigating how to make a point that deserves to be made, without going over the line, but I think you found a way to do it that is OK with me. And I agree with your moderated comment FWIW personally, to the extent Sprout's comment was other than just a tasteless joke. I asked for some advice in the Cave about what to do with Sprout's post itself which has been reported.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies