King Lear's Political Manifesto
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:43:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  King Lear's Political Manifesto
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: King Lear's Political Manifesto  (Read 1746 times)
King Lear
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2018, 08:07:46 PM »
« edited: April 01, 2018, 05:14:00 PM by King Lear »

Because everyone is quite confused on exactly what my political views are I've decided to make this post to set the record straight on my political ideology. So here is a breakdown of my views on different political issues.

Economic Policy:
Taxation: I support a simplified progressive tax system, with no deductions and four rates, a 0% rate for individuals making less then 50,000$, a 10% rate for individuals making between 50,000$ and 99,999$, a 30% rate for individuals making between 100,000$ and 499,999$, and a 50% rate for individuals making 500,000$ or more. For corporations I support a 50% Flat tax. Finally, I support eliminating the cap for Social Security taxes, so the program can maintain its solvency.
Healthcare: I support the creation of a Single-Payer healthcare system, by expanding Medicare to cover all US citizens. This will be funded by raising the Medicare payroll tax from 1.45% to 6.25% on all employers and employees.
Education: I support making Tuition free at all Public Colleges and Universities, which will be payed for by a 1% tax on all stocks, bonds, and derivatives.
Minimum Wage: I support raising the National Minimum Wage to 15 dollars an hour.
Trade: I support withdrawing from NAFTA and the WTO, and support implementing a 20% Tariff on all Imported goods, in order to save what's left of American Manufacturing.

Social Policy:
Abortion: I am 100% Pro-Choice.
Gay Marriage: I support the right of Gays and Lesbians to marry.
Gun Control: I support a Assault Weapons Ban, and stricter background checks, however, I'm strongly against repealing the second amendment, and believe theirs nothing wrong with civilians owning Hanguns, Shotguns, and Bolt-action Rifles, for Self-Defense and Hunting purposes.
Immigration: I support granting amnesty to all undocumented immigrants that haven't committed violent felonies.
Drugs: I support the legalization of Marijuana, because it's disgraceful that a substance that's no worse then Alcohol and Tobacco, is treated the same way as Crack, Meth, and Heroin.
Death Penalty: I'm against Capital Punishment, because executing hundreds of evil people, is not worth the chance of executing one innocent person.

Foreign Policy:
NATO: I support withdrawing from NATO, because it's an Anachronistic organization that was created for an obsolete purpose (Defending Western Europe from a Warsaw Pact invasion), and all it does today is ruin our relationship with Russia.
Iran: I'm against Invading Iran to destroy a imaginary Nuclear Weapons program, instead we should preserve the Nuclear agreement we have with them, and have a normal relationship with them (open up an embassy in Tehran).
North Korea: I believe North Koreas Nuclear weapons are no threat to the United States, because their "ICBMs" have not reentered the atmosphere properly, and theirs no evidence they can successfully minuturize a Nuclear Warhead. Due to these facts we should sign a peace treaty with North Korea to formally end the Korean War, and we should also open up normal relations with them (open up a embassy in Pyongyang), and withdraw all our troops from South Korea.
Russia: I support normalizing our relationship with Russia, by getting out of NATO, Recognizing Crimea as part of Russia, and signing a new Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty with them (Our missile defense system only has a 50% success rate anyway).
Syria: I support cutting off support to the Syrian rebels, because most of them are Sunni Jihadist that will turn on us in a heartbeat. Instead, we should rebuild our relationship with Assad, because though he may be a Authoritarian ruler, we should admit the fact that he is much better then turning Syria over to Al-Qeada and ISIS, and if it wasn't for him most Shia Muslims and Christians in Syria would be exterminated by the Sunni Rebels.
Isreali-Palestinian conflict: I support a Two-state solution in which Israel return's to the 1967 borders and closes down all settlements in the West Bank, while a independent Palestinian state is created in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. East Jerusalem should be placed under UN administration, so all Christians, Muslims, and Jews can visit the holy sites peacefully.
Saudi Arabia: We should cut off relations with this backwards, disgusting, Wahhabi, Government that is nee deep, in the blood of innocent Americans that were killed in 911 (most of the hyjackers were Saudi Citizens), and of innocent Middle eastern Christians and Shia Muslims that have been killed by Sunni Terrorist groups funded by the Saudi Royal Family. It is a blight on our Moral compass that we have any relationship with this country.
Afghanistan: It's time that Afghanistan figures out a way to end its own Civil War, and due to that fact, we should withdraw all troops from Afghanistan, because it's not in our national interest to fix a country that can't be fixed.
Iraq: We should have never invaded this country in the first place, and due to the fact ISIS has proven to be a paper-tiger it's about time we pull all our troops out and let Iraq solve its own ethnic and religious strife.
Cuba: I support maintaining the progress Obama made with them, and oppose any efforts to restore sanctions and close down our embassy.
Defense Policy: I support cutting our Defense budget down to a mere 500 billion dollars, from its ridiculously high 700 billion dollars it is today. This will be accomplished by closing down most overseas military bases, and cutting back on our bloated conventional forces. However, I do support modernizing our Nuclear Triad, because this is a key deterrent that will maintain world peace and international stability.

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 08:13:42 PM »

What's your ancestry, King Lear, and how does it affect your politics, if at all?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 08:17:03 PM »

All in all a solid platform. I agree with a majority of your positions with the exception of Russia (I feel that we should work with NATO to remove the Putin Regime from power by force due to Russia's rigging of the 2016 Election and their deploying a neurotoxin on foreign soil) and gun rights (I am leaning towards a full repeal of the Second Amendment, but recognize that maybe only 15 states would support it).
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 09:10:55 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I'm 50% German, 25% Russian, and 25% Italian, due to the fact my Mother is a German-Russian mix, and my Father is a German-Italian mix. Overall, I don't believe my ethnic background has much impact on my political views. However, the fact that my ethnic Russian maternal grandmother was really proud of her heritage, supported Vladimir Putin, and the Russian annexation of Crimea, may have influenced my "Pro-Russian views".

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 09:14:37 PM »

Honest question: Should we be backing the Kurds?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 09:15:23 PM »

You realize there's a thread called summary of political beliefs for this, right?
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 09:25:41 PM »

You realize there's a thread called summary of political beliefs for this, right?
I Know that, but I wanted to make a specific thread, so everyone can understand my political worldview.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 09:28:21 PM »

What political figures in recent history do you admire the most? What you think of Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama?
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 09:33:05 PM »

What political figures in recent history do you admire the most? What you think of Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama?
All four of those were pretty flawed, However, I think Obama, was the best of those four, because even though he was forced to govern like a centrist, my gut tells me he really wanted to be more Liberal. Bill Clinton was pretty mediocre (better then any Republican, but by Democratic standards pretty lousy), while the Bushes were both really horrible, because of their obsession with starting Wars and appeasing Evangelicals.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 09:37:05 PM »

Honest question: Should we be backing the Kurds?
I believe we should support the Kurds that are rebelling against Turkey, because Turkey has proven it self to be overly sympathetic to Sunni Jihadism (this just proves how worthless NATO is). 
Not a Partisan Hack ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Not a Partisan Thug
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 05:35:33 AM »

Education: I support making Tuition free at all Public Colleges and Universities, which will be payed for by a 1% tax on all stocks, bonds, and derivatives.

So what happens when the stock market crashes?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 07:02:31 AM »

Economic Policy:
Taxation: I support a simplified progressive tax system, with no deductions and four rates, a 0% rate for individuals making less then 50,000$, a 10% rate for individuals making between 50,000$ and 99,999$, a 30% rate for individuals making between 100,000$ and 499,999$, and a 50% rate for individuals making 500,000$ or more.

Why should we do away with tax brackets and switch to a system where you could make less by getting a raise?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2018, 08:19:02 AM »

Do you regret vesting so much power in Goneril and Regan?
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2018, 11:57:23 AM »

Economic Policy:
Taxation: I support a simplified progressive tax system, with no deductions and four rates, a 0% rate for individuals making less then 50,000$, a 10% rate for individuals making between 50,000$ and 99,999$, a 30% rate for individuals making between 100,000$ and 499,999$, and a 50% rate for individuals making 500,000$ or more.

Why should we do away with tax brackets and switch to a system where you could make less by getting a raise?

I think he described 4 brackets he wanted. He just made it vague due to grammar errors.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2018, 01:28:22 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2018, 01:34:31 PM by King Lear »

Economic Policy:

I think he described 4 brackets he wanted. He just made it vague due to grammar errors.
I meant to say "Brackets", because in reality, under my plan, anybody making less then 500,000$ will see their taxes go down.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2018, 01:30:24 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2018, 02:01:21 PM by King Lear »

So what happens when the stock market crashes?
A 1% tax on stocks, bonds, and derivatives, will produce 100s of billions of dollars in revenue, even if the Market loses half of its value.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2018, 01:48:49 PM »

Why do you support Big Government?
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2018, 02:07:04 PM »

Because are country has a moral obligation to substantially reduce our income inequality, so that we don't end up like Brazil, Mexico, or India 30 years from now (these are countries where a small, corrupt, wealthy, elite, control the Government and live comfortably, while the vast majority of the country lives in dire poverty and nobody does anything to fix it).
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2018, 09:54:33 PM »

What's your view of Catherine the Great? And on Alexander II?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2018, 09:56:21 PM »

dude "American manufacturing" is dead because of technology, not trade.

I hate luddites.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2018, 01:56:01 AM »

I hate luddites.
It’s obvious that you have a real disdain for poor people, because you don’t care that their jobs are disappearing and want the government to destroy the rest of their safety-net, so they can end up on the street or in jail. This, combined with your rabid support for Military Interventions (not caring about the fact they kill innocent civilians and US soldiers, and waste 100s of billions of dollars), enlightens me to the fact that some “Never Trump Republicans” like yourself can be just as bad, if not worse then actual Trump-supporting Republicans (this is part of the reason it sickens me to see Democrats fawn over people like Bill Kristol just because they badmouth Trump).
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2018, 08:48:59 AM »

I hate luddites.
It’s obvious that you have a real disdain for poor people, because you don’t care that their jobs are disappearing and want the government to destroy the rest of their safety-net, so they can end up on the street or in jail. This, combined with your rabid support for Military Interventions (not caring about the fact they kill innocent civilians and US soldiers, and waste 100s of billions of dollars), enlightens me to the fact that some “Never Trump Republicans” like yourself can be just as bad, if not worse then actual Trump-supporting Republicans (this is part of the reason it sickens me to see Democrats fawn over people like Bill Kristol just because they badmouth Trump).
Do you support Bashar Al-Assad staying in power? If so, you are in no place to lecture others on civilian death.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2018, 11:11:04 AM »

I hate luddites.

there are plenty of jobs out there lol, people just refuse to learn how to do them.

in my state you can get an associate's degree for free and if you get the right one you can make an easy living on it forever.

but these people "in da hood" are stuck in self pity and telling themselves that the deck is stacked against them.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2018, 01:23:44 PM »

I hate luddites.

there are plenty of jobs out there lol, people just refuse to learn how to do them.

in my state you can get an associate's degree for free and if you get the right one you can make an easy living on it forever.

but these people "in da hood" are stuck in self pity and telling themselves that the deck is stacked against them.
Wow, It looks like You can’t help but reveal your bigotry toward’s African Americans (everyone knows what “da hood” means). How do you know what opportunities exist for people in “da hood”, when for all intents and purposes, based on your economic views, you strike me as a privileged White person who can’t relate well with anyone less off then them.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2018, 01:26:05 PM »

I hate luddites.

Wow, It looks like You can’t help but reveal your bigotry toward’s African Americans (everyone knows what “da hood” means). How do you know what opportunities exist for people in “da hood”, when for all intents and purposes, based on your economic views, you strike me as a privileged White person who can’t relate well with anyone less off then them.

why should I?

I really don't care about anyone else. Unless someone has proven to me that they appreciate my help, I don't care if they starve to death or live under a bridge or whatever.

Why should I have to give up something to help someone who wouldn't treat me nicely anyway?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies