China/Trump ongoing proposal of TARIFFS. Dangerous trade war imminent
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:40:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  China/Trump ongoing proposal of TARIFFS. Dangerous trade war imminent
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: China/Trump ongoing proposal of TARIFFS. Dangerous trade war imminent  (Read 10159 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 02, 2018, 02:24:37 AM »
« edited: April 04, 2018, 11:30:31 PM by ProudModerate2 »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 04:48:59 AM »

I seriously hope they're going to disproportionately hurt Trump states. Those f-ckers wanted it, so I want to make sure they're the ones that take it on the chin. California voted for Hillary, thank you very much. We have no interest in a trade war.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 07:14:47 AM »

Rich people in the PRC are going to be pissed.  Too bad they don't have any power...yet.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 07:51:38 AM »

The Toddler Who Would Be Tyrant needs to be held to account for the damage he is doing to our nation.

I hope his physician is right about his health, so that he can spend many, many years sitting in jail. Perhaps he can put the time to good use, and finally learning how to fluently read and write English.
ChinaSoc
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 09:05:08 AM »

America First means the world last so I'm glad to see the PRC isn't holding back against this imperialist attack against them. Also, always good to see America show their true colors.
Rich people in the PRC are going to be pissed.  Too bad they don't have any power...yet.
You've just described what makes the Chinese model much superior than western "democracy" (more like dictatorship of the 1%), rich people don't decide the fate of the other 99%. In the west that has led to trickle down, union bust, stagnant wages and fascists running loose. Good to see China is truly a People's Republic.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 09:08:55 AM »

I seriously hope they're going to disproportionately hurt Trump states. Those f-ckers wanted it, so I want to make sure they're the ones that take it on the chin. California voted for Hillary, thank you very much. We have no interest in a trade war.

It would be really funny if everyone in Trump states got cancer and died too. Haha.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 09:18:02 AM »

America First means the world last so I'm glad to see the PRC isn't holding back against this imperialist attack against them. Also, always good to see America show their true colors.

Oh, for f-cks sake, this has nothing to do with this country. It's the failure of an anti-democratic system that allowed a lunatic demagogue into power. I'm actual surprised your state censors allows you to view this board, or can you only see certain posts?

It would be really funny if everyone in Trump states got cancer and died too. Haha.

That wasn't my point and I think you know it. I'm not interested in a trade war, but if it's going to happen, I would rather those that instigated it pay the price. Trump ran on that agenda in certain places and they voted for him because of it. Obviously, I would rather Midwestern steel country take the hit over California wine country (which did not vote to unilaterally blow up our trade policies).

And no, that wouldn't be funny, because I believe in establishing a single-payer healthcare system that would take care of all Americans, regardless of who they supported in any election (unlike those on the right that would subject their opponents to healthcare by prayer). I believe in universal healthcare for all Americans.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 09:21:27 AM »

Oh, for f-cks sake, this has nothing to do with this country. It's the failure of an anti-democratic system that allowed a lunatic demagogue into power. I'm actual surprised your state censors allows you to view this board, or can you only see certain posts?
I'm just assuming he is the "state" or he wouldn't be so comfortable talking about it.  The PRC censors don't mind if you're preaching PRC propaganda.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 09:23:11 AM »

I can't remember the last time I saw you post something that wasn't a lazy, one sentence distortion of other people's beliefs. Maybe February? Hope you're doing okay bud.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 09:25:49 AM »

The tariffs include fruit, nuts and wine, all of which are presumably predominantly produced in California or other West Coast states (especially for export to China). Which is tactically dumb on China's part; they should have realized by now that the Trump administration doesn't care about states that didn't vote for him. Unless the goal is to encourage further trade warring by the US, which long-term probably benefits China even if it causes short-term pain.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 10:01:06 AM »

The tariffs include fruit, nuts and wine, all of which are presumably predominantly produced in California or other West Coast states (especially for export to China). Which is tactically dumb on China's part; they should have realized by now that the Trump administration doesn't care about states that didn't vote for him. Unless the goal is to encourage further trade warring by the US, which long-term probably benefits China even if it causes short-term pain.

Wtf? Are they trying to engage us in a full-scale trade war? What do they want California, which Trump lost by 30 points, to do? If this is their tactic, the Chinese government has less intelligence than Trump. On the other hand, maybe they want Trump in power so as to cripple and rise above us.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 10:23:27 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2018, 10:33:20 AM by Storebought »

Wtf? Are they trying to engage us in a full-scale trade war? What do they want California, which Trump lost by 30 points, to do? If this is their tactic, the Chinese government has less intelligence than Trump. On the other hand, maybe they want Trump in power so as to cripple and rise above us.

If the Chinese really wanted to damage the Trump states, they'd put tariffs on US soybeans and alfalfa -- but they won't, because then their own livestock would starve to death.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 10:37:45 AM »

Oh man.

This is going to hit the part of Minnesota I'm from really hard. It'll also hit the Carolinas and Iowa. Pork exports to China are a big part of how pork producers are continuing to make money, as the market here is saturated.

I do feel bad, because this isn't their fault, but I'm also glad because I freaking hate the way we farm pork here. Unfortunately, this is really going to hurt a lot of people and I hate that. I hope Trump learns his lesson quickly.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 12:16:36 PM »

People voted for a trade war when they voted for Trump. They didn't vote for cancer (unless you consider what's happening with the EPA.)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 04:17:45 PM »

You've just described what makes the Chinese model much superior than western "democracy" (more like dictatorship of the 1%), rich people don't decide the fate of the other 99%. In the west that has led to trickle down, union bust, stagnant wages and fascists running loose. Good to see China is truly a People's Republic.

Lol almost 40% of the world's billionaires are Chinese thanks to the policies of the Chinese "Communist" Party.
ChinaSoc
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2018, 06:21:23 PM »

Rich people in the PRC are going to be pissed.  Too bad they don't have any power...yet.

Lol almost 40% of the world's billionaires are Chinese thanks to the policies of the Chinese "Communist" Party.
Being a billionaire in China is a curse, the government goes hard after you, the billionaire's list is called "Sha Zhu Bang" (Kill Pigs List) because it's truly bad news, your stocks drop after you make it, lots of them go to prison, a few get the death penalty and half of them actually LOSE wealth, meanwhile, in America, Don Blankenship wants to be Senator.

Also, billionaires DO NOT control the state in China, the party is above anything and they are the representatives of the workers, meanwhile, in the West, being a billionaire can give you an entire political caucus working for you, see the Koch Bros. All I need to know about China being supposedly capitalist is the fact that western capitalists would try to overthow its government in a second if they were submitted to its regulations and the fact that western media always resorts to "evil communists" when China does something they don't like, they only talk about chinese "capitalism" to steal their achievements and try to tie what Dengism has achieved to neoliberalism, despite the latter being a force of destruction who enriches nobody but the 1%, while Dengism has created the longest continuous economic growth in modern times and has never faced a crisis, a typical capitalist feature.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2018, 06:22:29 PM »

Being a billionaire in China is a curse, the government goes hard after you, the billionaire's list is called "Sha Zhu Bang" (Kill Pigs List) because it's truly a curse, your stocks drop after you make it, lots of them go to prison, a few get the death penalty and half of them actually LOSE wealth, meanwhile, in America, Don Blankenship wants to be Senator.

Also, billionaires DO NOT control the state in China, the party is above anything and they are the representatives of the workers, meanwhile, in the West, being a billionaire can give you an entire political caucus working for you, see the Koch Bros. All I need to know about China being supposedly capitalist is the fact that western capitalists would try to overthow its government in a second and the fact that western media always resorts to "evil communists" when China does something they don't like, they only talk about chinese "capitalism" to steal their achievements and try to tie what Dengism has achieved to neoliberalism, despite the latter being a force of destruction who enriches nobody but the 1%, while Dengism has created the longest continuous economic growth in modern times and has never faced a crisis, a typical capitalist feature.

That’s what commies said about the USSR
ChinaSoc
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2018, 06:27:56 PM »

Being a billionaire in China is a curse, the government goes hard after you, the billionaire's list is called "Sha Zhu Bang" (Kill Pigs List) because it's truly a curse, your stocks drop after you make it, lots of them go to prison, a few get the death penalty and half of them actually LOSE wealth, meanwhile, in America, Don Blankenship wants to be Senator.

Also, billionaires DO NOT control the state in China, the party is above anything and they are the representatives of the workers, meanwhile, in the West, being a billionaire can give you an entire political caucus working for you, see the Koch Bros. All I need to know about China being supposedly capitalist is the fact that western capitalists would try to overthow its government in a second and the fact that western media always resorts to "evil communists" when China does something they don't like, they only talk about chinese "capitalism" to steal their achievements and try to tie what Dengism has achieved to neoliberalism, despite the latter being a force of destruction who enriches nobody but the 1%, while Dengism has created the longest continuous economic growth in modern times and has never faced a crisis, a typical capitalist feature.

China has improved a lot from the USSR and learned from the mistakes that doomed them (and thankfully they crushed the Tiannamen psy-ops working for the western capitalists, unlike the USSR who got foreign agent Gorbachev who made a decision opposed by 70% of the country).

During the Dengist era China has had zero recessions, the United States has had five, one every 8 years (1980, 1981-82, 1990-91, 2001 and 2008-09), it's funny that the US growing like 2-2.2% is excellent but China growing 6.5% is disappointing.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2018, 06:32:32 PM »

China has improved a lot from the USSR and learned from the mistakes that doomed them (and thankfully they crushed the Tiannamen psy-ops working for the western capitalists, unlike the USSR who got foreign agent Gorbachev who made a decision opposed by 70% of the country).

During the Dengist era China has had zero recessions, the United States has had five, one every 8 years (1980, 1981-82, 1990-91, 2001 and 2008-09), it's funny that the US growing like 2-2.2% is excellent but China growing 6.5% is disappointing.

Look at gdp per capita
ChinaSoc
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2018, 06:38:03 PM »

Look at gdp per capita
Well, China has increased their GDP per capita by a lot over the past 40 years and their bottom 50% earners have seen their wages increase 400%, in the US, they have actually dropped 1%, there are parts of China where people already earn more than people in Eastern Europe, y'all westerners got a big advantage from colonialism, including a century long exploitation of China, but since the 1949 revolution we have progressed much more.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2018, 06:39:48 PM »

Oh man.

This is going to hit the part of Minnesota I'm from really hard. It'll also hit the Carolinas and Iowa. Pork exports to China are a big part of how pork producers are continuing to make money, as the market here is saturated.

I do feel bad, because this isn't their fault, but I'm also glad because I freaking hate the way we farm pork here. Unfortunately, this is really going to hurt a lot of people and I hate that. I hope Trump learns his lesson quickly.
The only hog farm family I ever knew were staunchly DFL.  But that area did go strongly for Trump.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2018, 06:42:59 PM »

Great news. The state that will be hit hardest (California) is a strong state that can absorb the damage. Let's ramp up the tariffs even more. The less uneven trade with China, the better.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2018, 06:46:44 PM »

Rich people in the PRC are going to be pissed.  Too bad they don't have any power...yet.

Look at gdp per capita
Well, China has increased their GDP per capita by a lot over the past 40 years and their bottom 50% earners have seen their wages increase 400%, in the US, they have actually dropped 1%, there are parts of China where people already earn more than people in Eastern Europe, y'all westerners got a big advantage from colonialism, including a century long exploitation of China, but since the 1949 revolution we have progressed much more.
Yes.  China has grown by Leaps and bounds since the 1949 revolution.  
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2018, 06:49:13 PM »

Being a billionaire in China is a curse, the government goes hard after you, the billionaire's list is called "Sha Zhu Bang" (Kill Pigs List) because it's truly bad news, your stocks drop after you make it, lots of them go to prison, a few get the death penalty and half of them actually LOSE wealth, meanwhile, in America, Don Blankenship wants to be Senator.

Also, billionaires DO NOT control the state in China, the party is above anything and they are the representatives of the workers, meanwhile, in the West, being a billionaire can give you an entire political caucus working for you, see the Koch Bros. All I need to know about China being supposedly capitalist is the fact that western capitalists would try to overthow its government in a second if they were submitted to its regulations and the fact that western media always resorts to "evil communists" when China does something they don't like, they only talk about chinese "capitalism" to steal their achievements and try to tie what Dengism has achieved to neoliberalism, despite the latter being a force of destruction who enriches nobody but the 1%, while Dengism has created the longest continuous economic growth in modern times and has never faced a crisis, a typical capitalist feature.

According to the Huran wealth report 153 delegates of National People’s Congress and CPPCC are worth more than 2 billion yuan. The fact that occasionally a few billionaires get on the wrong side of Xi and get thrown to the wolves is irrelevant (and the offensive insinuation that the likes of Jack Ma and Hui Ka-yan have it worse than the millions of impoverished workers, both rural and urban is really something). The regime is happily increasing its national security spending, privatising SOEs, promoting the archaic conservative Confucian values it used to look down on - doing everything in their power to keep their workers suppressed and locked into the prison of nationalism while relying on cheap credit and graft to boost their own fortunes. And much like the elites of the USSR, whose commitment to their values quickly evaporated when they saw a potential boost to their wallets, they will sell you out when the growth starts to fall even further. They are as caught up in the machinations of the global financial aristocracy as any other country.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2018, 06:49:57 PM »

It's easy to grow big numbers when you're:
a.not very big in the first place
2.fudging the numbers
III.can literally murder people if they don't do what you want

Winnie the Pooh is a dictator.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies