NC Yankee For the People's House HQ: Main Street Priorities First!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:31:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NC Yankee For the People's House HQ: Main Street Priorities First!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC Yankee For the People's House HQ: Main Street Priorities First!  (Read 866 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2018, 12:25:22 AM »

Mission Statement: All my life, what I have desired most is stability and peace of mind. I have experienced both the twin fears of extreme poverty and arbitrary and overbearing government that always seem unwilling to able, but all to eager to harm. I don't want people to live in fear of the government making their lives a living hell, nor do I want to condemn people to a living hell because they happen to be poor. If you, like me, believe this place exists, a place where Liberty Avenue intersects with Peace of Mind Lane, then it intersects on Main Street. Come Join Me, I will be waiting there!

COH: Still $916 Million

Election
People's House of Representatives: April 20th - April 22nd

Experience
Southeast Regional Senator: July 03, 2009 - Mar 06, 2015
Senate President Pro-Tempore:  Dec 2009 - Mar 2010, Sept 2010 - Jan 2011, Mar 2011- Sept 2011, Mar 2012 - July 2014
Budget Revival Committee Member: Mid 2010
Government Oversight and Reform Committee Chair: 2012 - 2013  
At - Large Senator: May 01, 2015 - May 06, 2016
Southeast Regional Convention Delegate: Sept 2015 - Oct 2015
Senate Convention Delegate: Oct 2015 - May 06, 2016
South Judicial Overlord: May 24, 2016 - June 02, 2016
People's Representative: June 13, 2016 - July 14, 2016
Southern Judicial Overlord/Regional Associate Justice: July 14, 2016 - Dec 08, 2016
Vice President of Atlasia Dec 08, 2016 - Jan 06, 2017
President of the Atlasian Republic Jan 06, 2017 - Mar 03, 2017
People's Representative - Mar 03, 2017 -
People's Speaker - Mar 04, 2017 -

Issue Positions
Game and Government - Burkean Conservative "federalist"
Economy and Human Services - Center-right Libertarian-Populist/Main Street Federalism
Social Issues - Pro-Life with many libertarian tendencies
Foreign Policy - Restraint and Realism

Endorsements

Events
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 01:11:50 AM »

Endorsed!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 01:16:18 AM »

Proudly Endorsed!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 05:08:51 AM »

100000% endorsed.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 04:02:04 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 12:44:56 AM »

Every election is going to be that election where I have a full slate of speeches once again and everyone has to pour through my walls of text, just like the good old times. Evil

Who knows, I have twenty four hours left! Evil
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 12:46:17 AM »

Endorsed for a mid to upper tier preference. You have done a great job as Speaker and deserve re-election.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 12:47:09 AM »

Endorsed.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 06:01:42 AM »

Endorsed Smiley
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 06:17:44 AM »

Endorsed!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 02:27:20 PM »

Victory Speech -

Well it looked a little dicey there at the beginning, but we pulled it off once again. I want to say thanks to everyone who voted for me and to everyone who gave me a high preference. In the past term I got more aggressive about activity and from my experience, people don't like hear inconvenient truths, and it is not just on climate either. Tongue Therefore I expected some level of difficulty stemming from this.

I am convinced that we need going forward in this game, is integrity, activity and engagement most of all. We need a bold and inviting discussion over the issues that will encourage people to want to join and participate. To that end we need people who will stand on principle. That doesn't mean they won't compromise, I have crafted a number of compromises, but it does mean they will say what they believe always act and compromise in a way that is in line with their principles and values.

I do regret not being able to make speeches (Though most likely few will read them all the way through), because I think it is an important part of the game. I do have a list of positions linked in the OP though and if you have taken the time to read through them, they are generally in line with my principles.

I am Lockean liberal and therefore believe that rights are naturally ordained by god and government is a contractual agreement made for the protection of those rights and liberties. I am a Burkean conservative and believe that the best government to protect those liberties is one that restrains both itself and the people from infringing upon them. I am a federalist, I believe firmly that the regions have powers, rights and responsibilities that not only need protection, but need to be exhaustively exercised and also that the regions need an equal voice in the national legislature. I am for any reform that strengthens all of these principles in our present system and/or replaces aspects of the system to better implement these principles.

In terms of the economy, just like I am against consolidating power in government, I am against the consolidation of power into monopolies, be they government or private sector in origin. We need policies that respect and encourage individual market choice and at the same time ensure that consumers have a multitude of choices. This ensures better quality and prices for customers and a stronger, more vibrant economy that only such competition and resulting innovation can bring.  

In terms of society and the budget, we have an obligation to ensure that we give people a helping hand when necessary but also that we work to get people good paying jobs. This doesn't mean throwing people out to die in the streets, it means making work a viable, practical and more rewarding choice then dependency. I am therefore strongly committed to preserving the current health care law, and its subsidies, but will be open to new ideas of paying for it as a way to get the payroll taxes down. I am also committed to making Social Security sustainable. And in general we have to get our deficits down, and that means making sure that existing programs that are essential are paid for, those and others are reformed in ways that reduce the costs and/or make them accomplish their job more efficiently, that unnecessary programs and redundancy are eliminated and finally that all new programs are paid for.

On Foreign Policy we need to continue with the balanced approach that has served us well under the present administration, guarding against the conflict unless absolutely necessary, but capable and willing to intervene when all other options are exhausted to protect our the lives and rights of our people, as well as those of our allies.

Finally, I want to say that I am concerned about the state of our game and the culture of the people that play it. Over the last few weeks, I have become deeply concerned with the actions that people have taken with and towards each other. We must remember that in order for their to be a More Welcoming Atlasia, we must have a more respectful Atlasia. That doesn't mean we hesitate to disagree on the issues, it does mean we avoid personal attacks, and outrageous accusations. It means that all forms of corruption are not tolerated and it means that alternative chat mediums are treated as public venues, and therefore come with the understanding that you better be ready to back up what you say in front of a different audience. These utilities can be assets to our game and can just as easily be very detrimental to it as well, if they are not respected either.

The last time I ran for President, the motivation for me was the manner in which the previous candidate was driven from the race and the message that it sent to everyone else watching, which I thought was unhealthy and unacceptable. That is why I ran on a more Welcoming Atlasia and I have continued to embrace that theme, because fundamentally regardless of what system of government we have, our game lives or dies on the interest and involvement of its players and the number of active and passionate players who each voluntarily decide to participate in this game. We have to create the environment in which that will thrive and every time we lose sight of that, lose sight of the fact that this is a voluntary game, we do more damage to this game than any botched reform or failure to reform (depending on your perspective) ever could. It is not an easy to decision, and were it not in my opinion once again our most pressing concern, I would not once again raise up its banner and take the field in its righteous advance. But here we are, and here I stand.

Thank you and I look forward to earning your vote in June.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies