MTSU-TN Sen: Bredesen +10
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:51:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MTSU-TN Sen: Bredesen +10
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: MTSU-TN Sen: Bredesen +10  (Read 9091 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 11:03:36 AM »

Time for the Repulicans to increase their campaign investing money in attacks against Bredesen in the senate race in Tennessee to avoid losing it.

Or maybe they should run positive ads on why Blackburn would be a better senator.

Nahhhh, why would they do that when they can keep railing on immigrants?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2018, 11:04:24 AM »

Trump approval at 50-41...

I know it’s very early, but stlll that does not look good for Blackburn.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2018, 11:05:51 AM »

I can't really see Bredesen winning, but as of right now I'll concede this race appears to be Tossup-to-Tilt-R.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2018, 11:05:59 AM »

Btw, Pelosi was the one who recruited him. Don't go around telling people she doesn't do stuff for us Wink

No, I bet it was Schumer. Just the fact that Bredesen is still holding his own for 6 months in polls is already speaking volumes, weak lean R. Bredesen could very will win this.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2018, 11:08:23 AM »

Time for the Repulicans to increase their campaign investing money in attacks against Bredesen in the senate race in Tennessee to avoid losing it.

Or maybe they should run positive ads on why Blackburn would be a better senator.

She can run an ad saying that the earth's temp has cooled by at least a degree in the 13 years prior to 2015! (she believes this lol)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 02:48:14 PM »

idk, the polling looks interesting and all but I kind of hard to believe TN will flip this year when it didn't in 2006, which even then they were re-electing a dem Governor at the time.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2018, 02:58:07 PM »

idk, the polling looks interesting and all but I kind of hard to believe TN will flip this year when it didn't in 2006, which even then they were re-electing a dem Governor at the time.

This. Obviously Bredesen is a stronger candidate than Ford Jr., but the state has also gotten much more R since 2006. Then again, 2018 is shaping up to be a worse year for Republicans than 2006 for some reason, which is honestly the most astonishing thing for me.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2018, 03:03:34 PM »

This. Obviously Bredesen is a stronger candidate than Ford Jr., but the state has also gotten much more R since 2006. Then again, 2018 is shaping up to be a worse year for Republicans than 2006 for some reason, which is honestly the most astonishing thing for me.

There's no reason for you to be surprised with DJT in power, and vastly unpopular moves across the board the Republicans have made. Especially since DJT only won due to a lot of people staying home and not voting for Clinton.
uti2

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2018, 04:17:00 PM »

There's no reason for you to be surprised with DJT in power, and vastly unpopular moves across the board the Republicans have made. Especially since DJT only won due to a lot of people staying home and not voting for Clinton.

I think TN is trying to reconcile to how the GOP downballot did so well in 2016. Maybe it wasn't because it was inherently a GOP year, but rather because people thought Hillary was going to win, and so they wanted a downballot check on her.

There's no reason why Bredesen should poll like this when democrats in his make like Bayh lost unless you take a look at the polling and see that the IN senate race was actually pretty tight until the Comey announcement.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2018, 04:47:53 PM »

That "dem Governor" is the guy who is winning in this poll...
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2018, 05:51:05 PM »

even though polling in tn leans heavy d, this margin is nothing to scoff at, lean r
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2018, 06:05:00 PM »

This is what we're looking for in a potential win:

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2018, 06:22:12 PM »

RCP moved the race to Tossup.
kyc0705

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2018, 06:32:57 PM »

A Dave Ramsey Independent Senate run would make this race more competitive.

Hardest pass imaginable.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2018, 06:55:42 PM »

Nahhhh, why would they do that when they can keep railing on immigrants?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2018, 07:31:16 PM »

I think Bredesen will get 45% and not much more.

I'm starting to think he could do as well as Harold Ford (48%), but perhaps that's too optimistic.

Bredesen is the white kind of Democrat though.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2018, 07:34:17 PM »

I think Bredesen will get 45% and not much more.

I'm starting to think he could do as well as Harold Ford (48%), but perhaps that's too optimistic.

Bredesen is the white kind of Democrat though.

So was Hillary Clinton.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2018, 07:53:41 PM »

That would be lying, through.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2018, 08:05:44 PM »

he definetly wins jackson, maybe humphries too
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2018, 08:10:09 PM »

He won every single county in 2006. Of course, I know that Tennessee has moved to the right since then, but I can see him easily doing better than this map.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2018, 08:13:14 PM »

TN, NV and MS Tilt D
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2018, 08:23:02 PM »

He won every single county in 2006. Of course, I know that Tennessee has moved to the right since then, but I can see him easily doing better than this map.

My above map was built off of a composite of his 2002 gubernatorial race, the 2006 Senate race and 2012/2016 presidentials (plus a bit of subjective gut instinct): basically everything either somewhat recent or somewhat competitive. He's definitely not going to pull 70% in the Senate race - and even if he did, the map would look quite a bit different than his win in '06 I imagine.

The GOP counties aren't as terribly unfavorable to him as they look in that map: basically Bredesen is getting around 42% of the vote in all of them combined (and 60% in the Democratic counties).
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2018, 08:46:26 PM »

My above map was built off of a composite of his 2002 gubernatorial race, the 2006 Senate race and 2012/2016 presidentials (plus a bit of subjective gut instinct): basically everything either somewhat recent or somewhat competitive. He's definitely not going to pull 70% in the Senate race - and even if he did, the map would look quite a bit different than his win in '06 I imagine.

The GOP counties aren't as terribly unfavorable to him as they look in that map: basically Bredesen is getting around 42% of the vote in all of them combined (and 60% in the Democratic counties).

How did you make this map?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2018, 08:49:02 PM »

How did you make this map?

A few open tabs, MSPaint, a few different spreadsheet formulas for different types of counties. Tongue Like I said above, I used those 4 relevant elections as data-points to compile the results.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2018, 08:51:14 PM »

I mean what is the path to 50+1 for Dems right now if any in TN? The coalition that elected Bredesen in '02 is not there anymore.
High African American turnout, high urban white liberal turnout in Memphis and Nashville, moderate suburban Republicans turned off by Trump and Blackburn and with fond memories of Governor Bredesen defecting from Corker to Bredesen?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies