The Nyman Questioner Presents: The Atlasia Awards
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:11:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Nyman Questioner Presents: The Atlasia Awards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Nyman Questioner Presents: The Atlasia Awards  (Read 1871 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2018, 10:53:05 PM »

I wasn't actually expecting to win anything given the source of these awards, so I had no speech ready Tongue

Congrats to all others in the field nominated, y'all are truly a great bunch of folks.
And thank you all for choosing me for Best New Atlasian!

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2018, 10:54:54 PM »

These last two awards are some of the biggest of the ceremony, and from vote totals had winners with some of the biggest popular support of the ceremony (the last two were CLOSE). So I'll just get to the winner of ELECTION OF THE YEAR.

The nominees were:

Presidential Election, October 2016
Presidential Election, February 2017
House of Representatives Election, April 2017
Presidential Election, June 2017
Southern Gubernatorial Special Election, June 2017
Southern Chamber of Delegates Election, July 2017

And the winner is....

Presidential Election, October 2016! This election is certainly one to remember. It tied, then Yankee won by two, then there was a Supreme Court case, then it tied again.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2018, 11:05:57 PM »

Our final award is the REGIONAL EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR. Most of them are from the South because they had high turnover last year. But the winner got more votes in the poll than anyone else in these awards, so here we go.

The nominees were:

diptheriadan
dfwlibertylover
Harry Truman
Leinad
Michael Wells
Never Again

And the winner is Truman! Obviously he would win, considering he became emergency leader after Fremont's government collapsed hard into inactivity, rewrote the Constitution, and stayed Prime Minister for much of 2017.

And that was the awards ceremony. If people liked them this year they'll happen again. Good night everyone!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2018, 02:39:52 PM »

Smiley

My thanks to the academy, and my congratulations to the other winners and my fellow candidates.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2018, 04:56:12 PM »

I’ve lobbied extensively for a film to be made of 2016: naturally Christopher Plummer would play Yankee, and I’d be played by Timothee Chalamet, or someone equally handsome.

Really though; seeing that I won actually reminded me that Peebs was Tmthforu running mate (I can remember the very long evening when that was announced), and just how crazy those two elections were, and of course the following month of court battles and then having to do some sort of failed state power share with Yankee (which lead to both of us not running again in February, partly on my part because I worried we’d have an indentical result)

My highlight was being told by a certain federalist that Atlasia isn’t buzzfeed, and my bright lists of ideas were a reason not to vote for me.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2018, 07:06:18 PM »

I’ve lobbied extensively for a film to be made of 2016: naturally Christopher Plummer would play Yankee, and I’d be played by Timothee Chalamet, or someone equally handsome.

Really though; seeing that I won actually reminded me that Peebs was Tmthforu running mate (I can remember the very long evening when that was announced), and just how crazy those two elections were, and of course the following month of court battles and then having to do some sort of failed state power share with Yankee (which lead to both of us not running again in February, partly on my part because I worried we’d have an indentical result)

My highlight was being told by a certain federalist that Atlasia isn’t buzzfeed, and my bright lists of ideas were a reason not to vote for me.

Plummer's hair isn't long enough. Tongue
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2018, 08:02:35 PM »

Oooh a movie! I want to be in it!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2018, 08:11:06 PM »

Me too.
I mean, I was the Fed VP candidate for nine hours, of course I'm gonna be in it.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2018, 02:33:07 PM »

And now we take a break from the regions and head to the very last question in the poll, which asked the voters to tell me who they thought should get a Lifetime Achievement Award. I already had a list, but thanks anyway.

The following people are getting a LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD:

Leinad
North Carolina Yankee
Adam Griffin
Gustaf
Nym
Kalwejt
Lumine
dfwlibertylover
Cris
PiT
Windjammer

Thanks! I'm honored.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2018, 04:55:30 PM »

And now we take a break from the regions and head to the very last question in the poll, which asked the voters to tell me who they thought should get a Lifetime Achievement Award. I already had a list, but thanks anyway.

The following people are getting a LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD:

Leinad
North Carolina Yankee
Adam Griffin
Gustaf
Nym
Kalwejt
Lumine
dfwlibertylover
Cris
PiT
Windjammer