Will Hillary Win Re-Election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:07:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Hillary Win Re-Election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Hillary Win Re-Election?  (Read 9422 times)
mr_president
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 03, 2004, 09:24:57 AM »

Will Senator Hillary R Clinton win Re-Election in 2006?
Carey
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.38, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 10:15:19 AM »

short answer: if the Republicans put somebody good up against her (eg somebody like Guiliani sp?) she's toast. I have not met a New Yorkers who has been fond of her, so that either means I am talking to the minority, or Senator clinton is in trouble.

However, I don't support this crusade some people seem to have against her. I'll concede she isn't the best politician, but she certainly isn't the worst. (of course this is up to NY to decide, not me)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 10:31:12 AM »

short answer: if the Republicans put somebody good up against her (eg somebody like Guiliani sp?) she's toast. I have not met a New Yorkers who has been fond of her, so that either means I am talking to the minority, or Senator clinton is in trouble.

However, I don't support this crusade some people seem to have against her. I'll concede she isn't the best politician, but she certainly isn't the worst. (of course this is up to NY to decide, not me)

Don't be so afraid of interfering with other countries! Look at me and Realpolitik, we don't hesitate to criticize and give opinions! (well, I do, a little, but not Realpolitik...) Wink Smiley

Come on, say what you think and disregard the consequenses!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 11:12:45 AM »

I don't think she will run for senate re-election.
DarthKosh

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 01:09:47 PM »

She want to be President.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 01:13:04 PM »

She want to be President.
Yes she does.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 03:23:18 PM »

That's why she won't run.  As I said on another thread, she will probably drop out in 2006 saying that she wants to concentrate on her presidential campaign.  Better for her to do that than to risk a loss against Guiliani.
jravnsbo

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004, 04:59:06 PM »

rudy v hilliary = rudy

hilliary v anyone else= hilliary

Hilliary may just opt out because some reporter somewhere will ask her for anothe pledge not to run and she can't do that again.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2004, 01:35:17 PM »

Rudy Giuliani is the most overrated politican in the nation. He also became the luckiest in Sept. 11, 2001. Any other mayor of New York at that time would have enjoyed a spectacular boost in reputation, no matter what his prior record. Hell, Gary Condit could have become a popular politican had he been mayor of New York on 9/11.

I strong encourage that Hillary run in 2006... she is not going to be a shoo-in for the nomination no matter what people say, and anyone running for President who won't even run in her home state due to fear of losing.... well, lets just say thats not a very strong candidate. But I believe she would win.
jravnsbo

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 03:05:45 PM »

It was not just that Guliani was mayor on 9/11 but how he performed , which was very admireably.  If another would have been mayor and not shown the leadership that he did I don't think they would have rose to such pominence but looked on with skeptisim.  Yes he had the opportunity to do it, but he also did it well, lead that is.

Rudy Giuliani is the most overrated politican in the nation. He also became the luckiest in Sept. 11, 2001. Any other mayor of New York at that time would have enjoyed a spectacular boost in reputation, no matter what his prior record. Hell, Gary Condit could have become a popular politican had he been mayor of New York on 9/11.

I strong encourage that Hillary run in 2006... she is not going to be a shoo-in for the nomination no matter what people say, and anyone running for President who won't even run in her home state due to fear of losing.... well, lets just say thats not a very strong candidate. But I believe she would win.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2004, 10:36:11 PM »

I think Hillary Clinton will be very hard to beat, and that Giuliani is probably the only person who can beat her for re-election.

She has a lock on the various NYC parasite groups who hold such power state politics -- the unions, radical feminists, special interest ethnic groups, etc.

The only way to beat is to nibble on the fringes of her NYC coalition, and deliver a strong vote against her in the suburbs and upstate.  That's the only way that the typical dreadful NYC-based politician can ever be dislodged.  Giuliani is the one person on the horizon who can do that.

One of the big disadvantages for New Yorkers is that the city holds such a political stranglehold over the state, and it takes a special type of politician to break that.

As far as Giuliani leaving his wife, NY voters are far too sophistocated to care about such an anachronistic concept as marital fidelity.  So I don't think it would be a big issue at this point, especially with Hillary as his opponent.

I think she will definitely run for re-election to the Senate.  I completely disagree with people who think she can dodge a challenge from Giuliani, and then run for president.  If she has to run away from a fight in her "home" state, which is far more liberal than the country as a whole, how could she ever expect to win a presidential election?  I pray she can't, because I think having her as president would be one of the most catastrophic calamities that could possibly befall the country.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 06:51:09 PM »

Well we all know how this turned out
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 11:09:29 PM »

She won?
Pages: [1]