South Park "Democrats"?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:01:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  South Park "Democrats"?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South Park "Democrats"?  (Read 642 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2005, 01:46:16 AM »
« edited: September 22, 2005, 01:49:50 AM by Flyers2006 »

I've always tried to find my wing of the Democratic party.  Now I know Phil is going to say I'm a tried and true liberal, but the thing is I have some views to the contrary.  I am pro-labor, pro-progressive taxes with spending restraints, pro-choice, somewhat pro-trade being bilateral and with labor negotiations, anti-censorship, and can't stand the Catholic/Christian Right.  However, I also can't stand the PCism I got from ultra-liberal and feminist professors at Temple who thought white males were the "big, bad oppressors"  and the fact that women needed special coddling and more opportunities.  Also, I seriously would like to see the day that people like John Street, Al Sharpton, Maxine Waters, and Cynthia McKinney would have duct tape around their mouths because they can come out with some of the biggest anti-white rhetoric the world has ever seen and they are definitely making the Democratic party look very bad.  I am sadly asked by Republican and conservative Dem relatives and friends "did I meet Jesse Jackson's son at YDA meeting?"  What do I say?  "Well, I know John Street's an asshole, BUT I am pro-labor, pro-choice, can't stand the religious right, and ........"  And don't take this for disliking blacks because I have a lot of black friends and would vote for Barack Obama and Harold Ford in two seconds.  I also question the merits of Affirmative Action and am not sure where to go with it.

I thought I'd mention this because I love Comedy Central and South Park.  Well how would you define it? 
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 11:34:49 PM »

nah, I think the term "Daily Show with John Steward" Democrat would fit you Tongue
Leave Colorado for the Republicans.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 11:54:24 PM »

nah, I think the term "Daily Show with John Steward" Democrat would fit you :P

Please do not associate Mr. Stewart with Flyers.  :)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 01:26:17 AM »

nah, I think the term "Daily Show with John Steward" Democrat would fit you Tongue

I also thought of George Carlin.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies