Anti-Muslim bigotry is mainstream among Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:20:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anti-Muslim bigotry is mainstream among Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anti-Muslim bigotry is mainstream among Republicans  (Read 4879 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 10, 2018, 01:37:12 PM »

There is a concern that certain devout portions of their population might push back progress on women's rights and gay rights. I, myself, would not want to see women being shackled into their homes and being forced to wear restrictive clothing. I wouldn't want to see gay marriage and protections be rolled back. I want to be able to walk into Subway and get a ham sandwich (something increasingly difficult in places like the UK). I don't want our cities to turn into the no-go zones of Stockholm or Bradford, or Copenhagen.

...and I wouldn't want Christians pulling that crap either.

The only usefulness in having someone like you around is that we can hear wacko theories that we otherwise would never hear about.  Can't get a ham sandwich in the UK because of Muslims?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 01:51:09 PM »

There is a concern that certain devout portions of their population might push back progress on women's rights and gay rights. I, myself, would not want to see women being shackled into their homes and being forced to wear restrictive clothing. I wouldn't want to see gay marriage and protections be rolled back. I want to be able to walk into Subway and get a ham sandwich (something increasingly difficult in places like the UK). I don't want our cities to turn into the no-go zones of Stockholm or Bradford, or Copenhagen.

...and I wouldn't want Christians pulling that crap either.

The only usefulness in having someone like you around is that we can hear wacko theories that we otherwise would never hear about.  Can't get a ham sandwich in the UK because of Muslims?

I came bearing facts...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616576/Subway-removes-ham-pork-nearly-200-stores-strong-demand-Muslims-eat-Halal-meat.html

Well, I would have never guessed that there were 1500 Subways in Britain to begin with.  Somehow I think you can find ham sandwiches in Britain quite easily, now a ham schwarma? that might be hard to find.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 02:09:47 PM »

Why would a restaurant in a predominately Muslim area bother to keep pork in stock? That's a waste of money when all or most of it will spoil before being sold.

I doubt restaurants in Kiryas Joel, New York, have ham sandwiches on the menu either.

Actually, Subway did try some kosher stores in the US, however, there are only two left.  Apparently the couldn't compete with local delis.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 06:17:42 PM »

If I want a ham sandwich, I should be able to walk into any American sandwich shop in the world and purchase one.  Period.  End of story.

Even a kosher one?  Or are they not American?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies