Anti-Muslim bigotry is mainstream among Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:33:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anti-Muslim bigotry is mainstream among Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anti-Muslim bigotry is mainstream among Republicans  (Read 4889 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 10, 2018, 01:43:28 PM »

There is a concern that certain devout portions of their population might push back progress on women's rights and gay rights. I, myself, would not want to see women being shackled into their homes and being forced to wear restrictive clothing. I wouldn't want to see gay marriage and protections be rolled back. I want to be able to walk into Subway and get a ham sandwich (something increasingly difficult in places like the UK). I don't want our cities to turn into the no-go zones of Stockholm or Bradford, or Copenhagen.

...and I wouldn't want Christians pulling that crap either.

The only usefulness in having someone like you around is that we can hear wacko theories that we otherwise would never hear about.  Can't get a ham sandwich in the UK because of Muslims?

I came bearing facts...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616576/Subway-removes-ham-pork-nearly-200-stores-strong-demand-Muslims-eat-Halal-meat.html

Sounds like they made a business decision to make a higher profit...
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 01:45:55 PM »

There is a concern that certain devout portions of their population might push back progress on women's rights and gay rights. I, myself, would not want to see women being shackled into their homes and being forced to wear restrictive clothing. I wouldn't want to see gay marriage and protections be rolled back. I want to be able to walk into Subway and get a ham sandwich (something increasingly difficult in places like the UK). I don't want our cities to turn into the no-go zones of Stockholm or Bradford, or Copenhagen.

...and I wouldn't want Christians pulling that crap either.

The only usefulness in having someone like you around is that we can hear wacko theories that we otherwise would never hear about.  Can't get a ham sandwich in the UK because of Muslims?

I came bearing facts...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616576/Subway-removes-ham-pork-nearly-200-stores-strong-demand-Muslims-eat-Halal-meat.html

Sounds like they made a business decision to make a higher profit...
Sounds like there will be further "business decisions" that will curtail women's rights and gay rights coming really soon if society keeps going down this road...

lol "if we stop selling ham sandwiches in areas with high muslim concentration we'll give up equal rights".
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 01:58:59 PM »

It amazes me that so-called liberals celebrate the crumbling of Secular Modern Western Progress. After all the effort to eradicate religion from the public sphere, here it is creeping back. Give them an inch, a mile is taken.

It amazes me how much people that are racist refuse to admit it and smother themselves in the flag and liberty.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 02:03:12 PM »

It amazes me that so-called liberals celebrate the crumbling of Secular Modern Western Progress. After all the effort to eradicate religion from the public sphere, here it is creeping back. Give them an inch, a mile is taken.

It amazes me how much people that are racist refuse to admit it and smother themselves in the flag and liberty.
Wanting to protect women and gays =Racist. Good to know.

Why not the outcry against extremist evangelical Christians and Mormons who have the same beliefs who want to suppress women? Why only muslims? Because you're racist, just admit it kid.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 02:13:38 PM »

Why would a restaurant in a predominately Muslim area bother to keep pork in stock? That's a waste of money when all or most of it will spoil before being sold.

I doubt restaurants in Kiryas Joel, New York, have ham sandwiches on the menu either.

Actually, Subway did try some kosher stores in the US, however, there are only two left.  Apparently the couldn't compete with local delis.

I imagine the clientele is different for deli meats and processed subway meats.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 07:33:56 AM »

Hofoid, I can't take you all that seriously in your defense of LGBT and women's rights when your one source is the often very homophobic and mysogynistic Daily Mail

I doubt he actually cares about those groups, he's just using them as a way to try and kill all muslims.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 03:14:59 PM »

Obviously this is a bad thing, and I've always stood against hatred directed towards followers of any religion.

However, I've never understood why Democrats and other social liberals hate Evangelicals but love Muslims.  I say we respect thought criminals across the board!

Is it hate to mention that they a bunch of hard-right hypocrites who have poisoned American political discourse?

Was Barry Goldwater a hater when he warned about their increasing influence inside the Republican party?

Liberals generally view Evangelicals as worse than Trump and I think think that they won't impeach him even if it's for the best of the country because they're more scared of Pence.

Anyway, Muslims (on average) are hardcore social conservatives, too.  They just don't have any political influence.

Liberals don't love Muslims. They just don't like them being scapegoated by Republicans, like they don't like seeing any minority group suffering the same treatment.

Bingo, you can not want a group persecuted just for their religion, but not like some of the extreme religious beliefs some of said group have. Just like how most liberals don't hate Christians, just all the fake evangelicals who worship the hate of satan.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 03:25:14 PM »

It is a common belief among liberals that people who think same-sex sexual activity is immoral are the equivalent of racists, is it not?  And based on that reasoning both the Bible and the Quran are hate books.

There's a difference between believing it and feeling God will judge someone in the end and actually wanting to destroy people's lives and have dominion over their actions that have no bearing on someone else.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 07:45:00 AM »

Obviously this is a bad thing, and I've always stood against hatred directed towards followers of any religion.

However, I've never understood why Democrats and other social liberals hate Evangelicals but love Muslims.  I say we respect thought criminals across the board!

Is it hate to mention that they a bunch of hard-right hypocrites who have poisoned American political discourse?

Was Barry Goldwater a hater when he warned about their increasing influence inside the Republican party?

Liberals generally view Evangelicals as worse than Trump and I think think that they won't impeach him even if it's for the best of the country because they're more scared of Pence.

Anyway, Muslims (on average) are hardcore social conservatives, too.  They just don't have any political influence.

Liberals don't love Muslims. They just don't like them being scapegoated by Republicans, like they don't like seeing any minority group suffering the same treatment.

Bingo, you can not want a group persecuted just for their religion, but not like some of the extreme religious beliefs some of said group have. Just like how most liberals don't hate Christians, just all the fake evangelicals who worship the hate of satan.

lol

"We don't hate the real Jews just the fake ones who worship the devil"

E for effort.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies