CA-SEN: Feinstein has two GOP endorsements
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:40:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-SEN: Feinstein has two GOP endorsements
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Poll
Question: Does Feinstein win Orange County?
Feinstein wins regardless of opponent

Yes vs. R or no-name D, no vs. KDL

Yes vs. R, no vs. any D

Yes vs. D, no vs. R

Feinstein loses regardless of opponent

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 98

Author Topic: CA-SEN: Feinstein has two GOP endorsements  (Read 21947 times)
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 10, 2018, 08:35:13 PM »
« edited: July 29, 2018, 06:44:53 PM by ERM64man »

Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon endorses Feinstein.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 01:59:49 AM »

Polls show Feinstein winning the Hispanic vote easily. Which counties might de Leon win? I can only think of 3 de Leon likely wins: Imperial, Mendocino, and Humboldt.

Imperial is a very obvious one for him to win. Mendocino and Humboldt, I could see as well. Maybe some of the heavily Hispanic Central Valley counties as well? Merced, perhaps?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 02:14:18 AM »

Polls show Feinstein winning the Hispanic vote easily. Which counties might de Leon win? I can only think of 3 de Leon likely wins: Imperial, Mendocino, and Humboldt.

Imperial is a very obvious one for him to win. Mendocino and Humboldt, I could see as well. Maybe some of the heavily Hispanic Central Valley counties as well? Merced, perhaps?
He could win Merced, but I'm not sure. It's only 54% Hispanic, and polls show Feinstein easily winning the Hispanic vote. Maybe Santa Cruz? Possibly Trinity if Republicans stay home instead of voting for Feinstein (Trinity Democrats are very liberal)?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 02:22:57 AM »

He could win Merced, but I'm not sure. It's only 54% Hispanic, and polls show Feinstein easily winning the Hispanic vote. Maybe Santa Cruz? Possibly Trinity if Republicans stay home instead of voting for Feinstein (Trinity Democrats are very liberal)?
I’d actually guess more Republicans vote de Leon, simply as an anti-DiFi vote.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 02:27:01 AM »

I’d actually guess more Republicans vote de Leon, simply as an anti-DiFi vote.
Do Trinity Republicans tend to be business conservatives (who would vote for Feinstein) or Tea Partiers who loathe Feinstein? De Leon likely wins Trinity Democrats easily.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 12:23:56 PM »

If it does come down to D vs D, I think a lot of conservatives will just leave the senate line blank like they did in 2016.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 12:25:50 PM »

If it does come down to D vs D, I think a lot of conservatives will just leave the senate line blank like they did in 2016.
Wouldn't that mean de Leon likely wins Trinity?
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 12:28:41 PM »

I imagine most Conservatives/Republicans outside of OC  strongly dislike Feinstein as she is the epitome of the "coastal elite" that Republican so strongly oppose  and will thus vote for De Leon just to stick it to the Dem. establishment
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 12:30:39 PM »

I imagine most Conservatives/Republicans outside of OC  strongly dislike Feinstein as she is the epitome of the "coastal elite" that Republican so strongly oppose  and will thus vote for De Leon just to stick it to the Dem. establishment
Does Feinstein win OC?
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 12:51:32 PM »

Yes Feinstein wins OC even if she loses re-election. A winning coalition for De Leon includes: much of the Republican inland region and other Trump counties, LA County, Alameda, Imperial, Kern,Sacramento, Fresno, San Bernardino,Riverside, and San Fransisco county.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 12:55:18 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2018, 01:00:40 PM by ERM64man »

Yes Feinstein wins OC even if she loses re-election. A winning coalition for De Leon includes: much of the Republican inland region and other Trump counties, LA County, Alameda, Imperial, Kern,Sacramento, Fresno, San Bernardino,Riverside, and San Fransisco county.
Feinstein has a solid lead in LA County in the polls. Doug Ose (R) endorses Feinstein. A large majority of CA House Democrats endorse Feinstein, even most Progressive Caucus members.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 02:58:47 PM »

Feinstein has a solid lead in LA County in the polls. Doug Ose (R) endorses Feinstein. A large majority of CA House Democrats endorse Feinstein, even most Progressive Caucus members.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I wouldn't really call that an endorsement at this point.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 03:06:51 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I wouldn't really call that an endorsement at this point.
It will be when the race is D vs. D.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 06:53:50 PM »

Feinstein probably wins LA, Sacramento, San Bernardino, and Riverside. Polls indicate de Leon's chances of winning are slim. He would need to win the Hispanic vote (unlikely) and do far better with non-Hispanics in order to win.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 09:44:52 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2018, 12:54:50 AM by Sensible-Progressive »

In 2016 it was
14,181,595 votes in the presidents race
12,244,170 votes in the senate race
so 1,937,425
left the senate part blank which is actually not that much its more than 10% of the presidential vote so it won't be that significant tbh whats more likely is most voters turn out to vote for the governor or senator if its two dvd state wide races its likely many republicans won't turn out in the first place significantly helping us downballot in tight house races
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 11:48:00 PM »

In 2016 it was
14,181,595 votes in the presidents race
12,244,170 votes in the senate race
so 1,937,425
left the senate part blank which is actually not that much its less than 10% of the presidential vote so it won't be that significant tbh whats more likely is most voters turn out to vote for the governor or senator if its two dvd state wide races its likely many republicans won't turn out in the first place significantly helping us downballot in tight house races

I think that some ballot propositions could still bring out conservative voters. I can't keep track of them all, but I believe that there's one that would repeal the recent 12¢ gas tax increase. That would bring out rural conservatives.

I guess I hadn't actually looked at statewide numbers. It's a much more noticeable difference when you look at conservative counties like Modoc and Lassen.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 12:17:44 AM »

There's a slight chance de Leon fails to make runoff. If he doesn't, would it have an impact on House races or not? If a Republican advances instead, all that money could be saved for important House races against Republicans instead of a D vs. D Senate race.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 12:53:29 AM »

There's a slight chance de Leon fails to make runoff. If he doesn't, would it have an impact on House races or not? If a Republican advances instead, all that money could be saved for important House races against Republicans instead of a D vs. D Senate race.
All the republicans in the senate race are no names with no backing from the party i doubt the car gop would waste money to help them when the house is at stake
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 01:29:43 AM »

That De Leon winning only Humboldt and Imperial is a serious possibility is a great reflection of how bizarre this race is
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 07:04:40 PM »

That De Leon winning only Humboldt and Imperial is a serious possibility is a great reflection of how bizarre this race is
He could win Mendocino, Santa Barbara, Merced, Santa Cruz, and Trinity.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 08:00:45 PM »

He could win Mendocino, Santa Barbara, Merced, Santa Cruz, and Trinity.

I wouldn't discount Yolo or Lake either
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 08:50:57 PM »

Can we just have one thread for the CA senate race?
anyway
California Labor Foundation a huge group has endorsed Kevin and Gavin
https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/Gavin-Newsom-Kevin-de-Leon-win-backing-of-major-12830269.php
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2018, 12:45:41 AM »

Will Orange County vote for more establishment candidates, or will it vote for insurgent Berniecrats (like Delaine Eastin)?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2018, 12:50:53 AM »
« Edited: April 23, 2018, 01:02:34 AM by Sensible-Progressive »

They will support whoever is the most business friendly so they will likely support Feinstein a republican has a decent chance at winning it but if they don't campaign at all which is likely Feinstein will win it so OC is pretty much almost Safe Difi
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2018, 01:09:21 AM »

They will support whoever is the most business friendly so they will likely support Feinstein a republican has a decent chance at winning it but if they don't campaign at all which is likely Feinstein will win it so OC is pretty much almost Safe Difi
Does this mean Newsom, Villaraigosa, or Chiang would win OC in a runoff against Eastin?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies