CA-SEN: Feinstein has two GOP endorsements (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:38:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-SEN: Feinstein has two GOP endorsements (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does Feinstein win Orange County?
Feinstein wins regardless of opponent

Yes vs. R or no-name D, no vs. KDL

Yes vs. R, no vs. any D

Yes vs. D, no vs. R

Feinstein loses regardless of opponent

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 98

Author Topic: CA-SEN: Feinstein has two GOP endorsements  (Read 22181 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: May 04, 2018, 10:39:31 PM »

F**k that neoliberal fraud.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 08:10:06 PM »

I held my nose and voted for establishment Hillary supporter de Leon because the wartime profiteer who voted for the Bush tax cuts needs to go.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 09:51:33 PM »

I held my nose and voted for establishment Hillary supporter de Leon because the wartime profiteer who voted for the Bush tax cuts needs to go.

Your shtick is getting old.

How dare I criticize a wartime profiteer who raised a confederate flag in San Francisco. She's obviously what the Democratic party needs today.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 03:21:48 AM »

kevin made an amazing speech got to shake his hand and got a campaign sign I also met his whip at the CA Dem convention he told me about how amazing it was to almost get the CA dem party's endorsement and how much work they put into it was really interesting.
De Leon is in the runoff, but he did very poorly in Imperial County. All Imperial County precincts in. His weak performance in Imperial foreshadows an easy win for Feinstein.

Thats true but if he can't win he'll move feinstein to the left and he definitely has a future in ca politics based off the speech he gave

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. That's some funny sh**t.

Hint, if you want more left Democrats, you have to defeat them. You never move them to the left.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 05:35:33 PM »

What's the appeal of voting for Dianne Feinstein?
Because most California democrats don't know better and would vote for a massive DINO over an "unknown" progressive candidate.
Feinstein is very far-left and one of the more progressive senate democrats. Can't imagine why you think she's a moderate "DINO."

No. According to the all-important Trump Score, Feinstein votes with Trump 26% of the time. 26 of the 49 Senate Democrats vote with Trump less often than Feinstein does. This places Feinstein squarely in the middle of the caucus, not on the far-left where Sanders and Warren lurk.

She's the only Senate Democrat left who voted for the Bush tax cuts. Even Nelson and Carper voted against them. My guess is that this Trump Score is rather lacking in data points.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 07:41:35 PM »

Lol, people are either calling Feinstein too moderate or far-left. Atlas is so interesting.

She is right-wing enough that she's certainly not too moderate.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 08:35:46 PM »

kevin made an amazing speech got to shake his hand and got a campaign sign I also met his whip at the CA Dem convention he told me about how amazing it was to almost get the CA dem party's endorsement and how much work they put into it was really interesting.
De Leon is in the runoff, but he did very poorly in Imperial County. All Imperial County precincts in. His weak performance in Imperial foreshadows an easy win for Feinstein.

Thats true but if he can't win he'll move feinstein to the left and he definitely has a future in ca politics based off the speech he gave

If a Kennedy couldn't do it, why De Leon?

If Harvey Milk...arguably one of the most talented and charismatic San Franciscans in the 70's couldn't, why De Leon?

Don't be so condescending both of you she's already moved to the left on pot and the death penalty
http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article212310234.html

It is very brave of her to adopt a less authoritarian position on marijuana after the complete legalization passed by 57% of the voters took effect.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 01:33:08 AM »

Your shtick is getting old.

How dare I criticize a wartime profiteer who raised a confederate flag in San Francisco. She's obviously what the Democratic party needs today.

Can I give you some advice? I agree with you that Feinstein needs to go but you come off as whiny and when you throw out nonsense words like "neoliberal, wartime profiteer" etc, it's off-putting and probably makes people more pro-Feinstein than normal. You need to be more effective in how you argue your point. Try arguing how Feinstein is out of touch and California needs fresh blood. I guarantee that will resonate better than "blah blah neoliberal"

For me personally, I support de Leon over Feinstein. I think Feinstein's overall voting record is "ok" but California can certainly do better. More importantly, I am uncomfortable with an 84 year old hogging the seat in a state like California where there are a lot of talented candidates that get bottle-necked out. Having watched some of her hearings recently (like when Comey testified before congress), she did not come off as sharp, to say the least. We're in a strange new era and this strange new era requires younger candidates. There's an unwillingness by current Dem leadership to pass the torch to the next generation and it's a massive strategic mistake. Feinstein is indicative of that.

It's not nonsense. Her husband got some pretty sweet Iraq war contracts after she voted for it.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/War-brings-business-to-Feinstein-spouse-Blum-s-2652085.php

And she did have a confederate flag be raised.

https://splinternews.com/dianne-feinstein-has-always-been-bad-1821399794
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 05:58:15 PM »

There actually isn't so much love for de Leon on the hard left. If Feinstein decided to retire, with Delaine Eastin in the runoff against de Leon, the hard left would dump de Leon in a heartbeat.

Was the hard left 56% of the electorate statewide in 1994?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 03:31:30 AM »

The True LeftTM can’t even win in libtardtopia California.

Sad!

In before a Bernie Bro implies California is only SOCIALLY liberal but is fiscally moderate because muh a few rich people.

*raises hand*

California is one of the most unequal States and there's little political will to do anything about it. Friggin' San Francisco elected a mayor whose answer to the homelessness crisis is "let's hire more cops to rough'em up". The idea that we're a "fiscally liberal" State (in the ridiculous American vulgate, at least) is patently absurd.

And California already had the highest cost of living adjusted poverty rate a couple of years ago. I'm sure that's gotten worse. We have somewhere around half of unsheltered homeless of the entire country. That's 68% of out of 134k homeless in California vs about 30% of 550k for the whole country. California has huge problems that I'm sure that the mayor who bragged about their George Schultz endorsement won't make any better.

https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/rise-californias-tent-cities
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 01:52:47 AM »

ICE is totally up Feinstein's alley, since she's pro mass incarceration. She opposed Prop 47 that even Newt Gingrich supported.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 09:33:22 PM »

Both could just be statistical noise.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 07:35:43 PM »

I can only think of half a joke here: De Leon needs to pounce (ponce) but instead he's... instead he's showing no signs of eternal life?  instead he's....

Well, expecting an establishment Democrat who supported Hillary to act like a Berniecrat with a purpose is asking for a lot, but he's still much better than Feinstein.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2018, 05:38:00 PM »

[img=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_California,_2018#Endorsements_2]http://Two Republicans endorse Feinstein: Doug Ose and Los Angeles County Supervisor Kathryn Barger[/img].

Republicans support the Republican candidate. News at 11.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies