ME-01: Former Dem Grohman challenging Pingree, endorsed by LePage, 26 other GOPs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:59:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME-01: Former Dem Grohman challenging Pingree, endorsed by LePage, 26 other GOPs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: ME-01: Former Dem Grohman challenging Pingree, endorsed by LePage, 26 other GOPs  (Read 4020 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2018, 02:27:44 PM »

Damn, if Chellie runs for Senate in 2020 there would be sooo many people who could/would run for her seat. Adam Cote, Mark Eves, Zak Ringelstein, Sara Gideon, Justin Alfond, Cynthia Dill, and a whole lot of state reps and senators. I like Chellie more than all those people though. And I have doubts in her winning statewide. I'd hate for her to run for Senate and lose and then I get stuck with a moderate like Adam Cote as my House rep.

Collins must be defeated at all costs. It's worth the sacrifice.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2018, 03:26:07 PM »

I really like Chellie Pingree and I hope she runs for Senate, though it'd be a tough race even with the Kavanagh vote. I really hope Mark Eves runs for Congress!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2018, 04:41:04 PM »

Damn, if Chellie runs for Senate in 2020 there would be sooo many people who could/would run for her seat. Adam Cote, Mark Eves, Zak Ringelstein, Sara Gideon, Justin Alfond, Cynthia Dill, and a whole lot of state reps and senators. I like Chellie more than all those people though. And I have doubts in her winning statewide. I'd hate for her to run for Senate and lose and then I get stuck with a moderate like Adam Cote as my House rep.
Also me.

Betsy is also in the first district, too.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2018, 04:48:59 PM »

Even with the entire GOP establishment behind him, Grohman can’t pass Holbrook in poll:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/Pan_Atlantic_Research_Maine.pdf
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2018, 04:51:25 PM »

Even with the entire GOP establishment behind him, Grohman can’t pass Holbrook in poll:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/Pan_Atlantic_Research_Maine.pdf
Funny how a majority of his voters put Pingree as their second choice
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2018, 02:05:41 AM »

Grohman has taken his focus off of Pingree and is now almost exclusively attacking the Republican Holbrook. Since his entire campaign has been about winning on the second ballot by getting the second preferences of Republicans, this is a bizarre move.

Maybe he realizes any hope of winning is lost as Pingree will easily clear 50% on the first ballot rendering the ranking null, and is now fighting like hell to finish in second.

Somewhere, Chellie is relaxing with an organic kombucha and smiling.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2018, 12:18:10 AM »

Despite the backing of the entire Maine GOP establishment and the Chamber of Commerce, Marty Grohman could not get into double digits. Pingree increased her margin from 2016, and could break 60% if the final few precincts go her way.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies