The Glass Ceiling, Shattered (A 2020 Election Timeline)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:49:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Glass Ceiling, Shattered (A 2020 Election Timeline)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Glass Ceiling, Shattered (A 2020 Election Timeline)  (Read 828 times)
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2019, 08:18:16 PM »
« edited: March 30, 2019, 08:34:59 PM by jakobisgood »

THE GLASS CEILING

Live from the CNN Election Headquarters:

Jake Tapper:

It's going to be extremely hard for Joe Biden, or Kamala Harris to regain the Lead from Representative Gabbard looking at these current results.

Wolf Blitzer:

Sorry to interrupt you Jake, but we have History to Project. We're being told that out of the Washington Primary, Representative Tulsi Gabbard has won their delegates. With this, History is being Made. Tulsi Gabbard has earned enough delegates to win the Democratic Nomination. She has won.

Background

In the year 2016, Senator Bernie Sanders of the State of Vermont beat Secretary Hillary Clinton to become the Democratic Nominee for President. Senator Ted Cruz became the Republican Nominee. During the Election, Senator Sanders was accused of assaulting a woman on his campaign staff.

She later came out and told her story, which made Senator Sanders have major backlash. Senator Cruz attacked Senator Sanders very much, and a lot of his surrogates pulled their endorsements of him.

Senator Cruz went on to win the Presidency in a landslide, defeating Bernie Sanders.

Under President Cruz, the Unemployment Rate went up to 6.8% and the Stock Market crashed. The Republicans lost their Majority in both the Senate, and the House, and the Democrats gained Super Majorities in each House of Congress.

The United States sent more troops to Syria, and ISIS is back on the rise. And now, the timeline starts off in January of 2019.

Senate Makeup

62 D - 38 R

House Makeup

291 D - 144 R

And so, it begins.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 08:24:45 PM »

THEGLASSCEILING

Jake Tapper:

It's going to be extremely hard for Joe Biden, or Kamala Harris to regain the Lead from Representative Gabbard looking at these current results.

Wolf Blitzer:

Sorry to interrupt you Jake, but we have History to Project. We're being told that out of the Washington Primary, Representative Tulsi Gabbard has won their delegates. With this, History is being Made. Tulsi Gabbard has earned enough delegates to win the Democratic Nomination. She has won.

Background

In the year 2016, Senator Bernie Sanders of the State of Vermont beat Secretary Hillary Clinton to become the Democratic Nominee for President. Senator Ted Cruz became the Republican Nominee. During the Election, Senator Sanders was accused of assaulting a woman on his campaign staff.

She later came out and told her story, which made Senator Sanders have major backlash. Senator Cruz attacked Senator Sanders very much, and a lot of his surrogates pulled their endorsements of him.

Senator Cruz went on to win the Presidency in a landslide, defeating Bernie Sanders.

Under President Cruz, the Unemployment Rate went up to 6.8% and the Stock Market crashed. The Republicans lost their Majority in both the Senate, and the House, and the Democrats gained Super Majorities in each House of Congress.

The United States sent more troops to Syria, and ISIS is back on the rise. And now, the timeline starts off in January of 2019.

Senate Makeup

62 D - 38 R

House Makeup

291 D - 144 R

And so, it begins.
You used Keynote for the Gabbard thing.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 08:35:50 PM »

THEGLASSCEILING

Jake Tapper:

Wolf Blitzer:

Background

Senate Makeup

62 D - 38 R

House Makeup

291 D - 144 R

And so, it begins.

My friend actually did, and yes he used Keynote. He's fantastic at Election Nights and Themes.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 09:06:45 PM »

THEGLASSCEILING

Jake Tapper:

Wolf Blitzer:

Background

Senate Makeup

62 D - 38 R

House Makeup

291 D - 144 R

And so, it begins.

My friend actually did, and yes he used Keynote. He's fantastic at Election Nights and Themes.
Cool.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 02:06:29 PM »

CORY: A DREAM FOR EVERYONE

Newark, New Jersey

Newark, it's been an honor to serve as your Senator for all these years. I've seen so many lives change, so many days made, and so many dreams come true. Together, our city and state grew, even when the country didn't. Even though we face these tough issues, we prosper. We come together, we grow, and together we win.

When I was Mayor of Newark, I met a little girl, her name was Angela. She was growing up in the Portuguese district of Newark, and her family was very poor. Her dad left her mom and her when she was just 4 years old. Her mom worked 3 jobs, full time. She only got to see her daughter for 2 hours a day. She was also taking online school to finally finished High School. I met her and her mom when I was campaigning. I was so touched by their story, that I took action. We raised the Minimum Wage, and we started our "Road to the Middle Class" Recovery Program.

Today, Angela is 16. Her mother is a graduate of College, and now only works 1 job. She started her own business, a Bakery. They moved out of their 1 bedroom apartment, and now live in a House in the Newark Suburbs. This is the American Dream. This is why America was founded, and this is why we won our Independence. For Us.

That's why, I think we need to bring that kind of energy, and those ideas to a higher office. We need to not just work here at home, but across the United States. So many families deserve a life in which they can succeed, not stay at the bottom. That's why, I'm officially announcing my candidacy for President of the United States in the 2020 Election. We're going to do this together.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 11:55:59 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2019, 07:29:06 AM by jakobisgood »

AMY: A NEW AMERICAN WAY

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Minnesota, it's been such an honor to serve you in the Senate. Not only have I been able to draft legislation that has restored the economy. Legislation that has brought families back together. Wrote legislation that told Big Corporations that the Little Guys need a chance. But, through all of that, I had you. I had the citizens of Minnesota to rely on, to get information from, to listen to. That is why I'm here today.

I want to bring an energy to Washington of supporting Locals, not big Washington PACs and Politicians. We need to look out for everyday Americans, not greedy corporations. We have to make sure that everyone has Quality Healthcare, that everyone can have a College Diploma in their hands and a job offer in the other. Together, we can accomplish so much. We can actually change this country, for the better.

I've gathered you all here today, to go on a journey. A journey full of people, not PACs. A journey full of Hope, not dread. A journey full of a Bright Future, not keeping things the same old. A mass restoration is needed in this country. We need a Government that is going to serve the interests of the people. That's why I am officially announcing that I will be filing to run for President of the United States! Let's embark on this this journey, together!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 08:55:13 PM »

JAY INSLEE: OUR MOMENT

Although we've done so much in the state of Washington, from raising the minimum wage, to reducing our Carbon Emissions, there is so much more to be done. Together, we can achieve much more than just fixing Washington, we have to fix the Nation. President Cruz has plagued this nation with unemployment, and a horrendous economy. Even though he's ruined our Economy, we in Washington, are rated the 7th Most Growing state in the country. We're moving.

We are transitioning to Renewable Energy, and finally cleaning up Oil and Coal across the Nation. We're going to transition to Full Renewable in Washington by 2024, but as a Nation we aren't moving fast at all. We have to take real action of Climate Change, and once and for all pass a Green New Deal, to finally take bold action on Climate Change.

I belive that we're going to do so much, but we have to change Washington first. We have to change together, as a nation, and I want to lead that revolution. I want to lead this country to a Renewable Economy, where we focus on making sure that we actually do achieve this. That's why I'm announcing that I am officially running to be the next President of these United States. Let's make Our Moment, folks!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 09:22:44 PM »

KIRSTEN: STAND UP

[/center]

It's honestly been my greatest honor to serve as your Senator. When I served as Representative for the 20th District of New York, I finally got to experience what it meant to be a Politician that actually cares about the people. I worked on my bi-partisan plan with Representatives, Democrats or Republicans, across the nation, to improve this Nation's Infrastructure. I was shocked when I was appointed to the Senate, and I didn't have much time to think.

All I could do, was say, "It would be my Honor" and get to work. That is exactly what I did. First, I took action, and passed Common Sense Gun Control, to finally protect this state and this country from the Dangers of School Shootings, or Robberies. This passed the Senate, with 63 votes, and passed the House as well. You're going to hear the GOP and my opponents call me out for being "too radical" or "too left wing." Yet I don't think protecting our streets, or taking action to make sure that everyone can afford Healthcare, is a radical idea! I think it's an American Idea, and it's time someone take some damn action on it!

We can't expect D.C. Politicians to do something that won't benefit them. We have to take the fight into our own hands, and take action ourselves. We have to use our grassroots advantage, and actually get things done. That is how we win, and that's how we WILL win. I'm ready to take that action, and I want you all to join me on the journey. I want you all to join the fight for Medicare for All, for an Affordable Education System, for Common Sense Gun Control, and so much more. I want you all to join this campaign, and join this movement! That is why I am officially announcing my plans to seek the office of President of the United States! Chip in today and let's make this happen!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 04:07:00 PM »

How the heck did Democrats get to 62 senate seats if they got landslided in 2016?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies